ROM Hack [Release] Sm4shCommand

D

Deleted User

A. Welcome to GBAtemp!

B. You might want to migrate away from Smashville. Like, as soon as possible. Do you want to be cut open by a Sheik?

C. the following is a guide to using Sm4shcommand

- acquire 3DS or Wii U homebrew. If you don't have this, abscond asap.

- dump your copy of smash 4. assuming 3ds, use braindump.

- assuming you're using 3DS - the most accessible version to hack right now, as the tools to run your stuff are readily available without kernel level hacks - dump the 'dt' and 'ls' files using the DTLS file found in the OP, then navigate to dt>animcmd>fighter>(yourfighterofchoice). Those are the files that this program edits.

- make your edits, rebuild your stuff, etc etc. run with HANS.

Haha, no. Maybe I should invest in a place at Hyrule Temple, I hear it's got great life expectancy around there.

I've worked on getting homebrew onto my New 3DS, although because of the use of MicroSD and the failure of my MicroSD reader I ultimately scrapped the idea until recently. If it's too much a pain there's an original 3DS around the house I may be able to get my hands on.

Assuming this is the braindump I want:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/braindump-prerelease-dump-game-contents-on-any-system-version.400920/

Trinitro21

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
then navigate to dt>animcmd>fighter>(yourfighterofchoice). Those are the files that this program edits.
Just wanted to clear this up. Open AnimCmd(also found in OP), File>Open>Fighter then navigate to dt/animcmd/fighter/(charactername)
After that, do View>Parse Animations and navigate to dt/motion/fighter/(charactername)/body/main.bch
Then edit away!

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Haha, no. Maybe I should invest in a place at Hyrule Temple, I hear it's got great life expectancy around there.

I've worked on getting homebrew onto my New 3DS, although because of the use of MicroSD and the failure of my MicroSD reader I ultimately scrapped the idea until recently. If it's too much a pain there's an original 3DS around the house I may be able to get my hands on.

Assuming this is the braindump I want:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/braindump-prerelease-dump-game-contents-on-any-system-version.400920/
Due to RAM issues, you'll be very limited on an old 3DS. Only a few modes work, which doesn't include normal Solo or Group Smash.I'd suggest trying very hard to get homebrew on the N3DS. MicroSD management is a thing if you have Windows.

Reactions: Deleted User
D

Deleted User

Due to RAM issues, you'll be very limited on an old 3DS. Only a few modes work, which doesn't include normal Solo or Group Smash.I'd suggest trying very hard to get homebrew on the N3DS. MicroSD management is a thing if you have Windows.
Oh wow, I wasn't aware that was a thing. That's quite helpful, thanks!

Trinitro21

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I try to Parse Animations with Game and Watch's main.bch, AnimCmd throws this at me
Code:
Error reading animation file
: An item with the same key has already been added.
Any way to fix it?

Sammi Husky

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I try to Parse Animations with Game and Watch's main.bch, AnimCmd throws this at me
Code:
Error reading animation file
: An item with the same key has already been added.
Any way to fix it?

Issue with the way i currently parse animations. Next version has it fixed. Only thing i can suggest to you right now is to parse a different character's animation file. It will share most of the important animation names, though g&w specific anims won't be there

D

Deleted User

Out of curiosity, how much of Smash 4's codebase can be edited right now? After giving it some thought, I realized Smash 4 borrowed a decent amount of code from Brawl, so it probably wouldn't be as hard as you'd think to port over characters from Brawl (or heck, even PM) like Wolf. Could this eventually be a possibility?

Cydget

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a way to change characters weight/fallspeed? I know we cant control gravity, but there must be a way... *sells soul to satan*
Also, giving captain falcon back his reverse knee was easy. Here is the change if anybody wants it.

Attachments

• MeleeKnee.txt
    1.7 KB · Views: 401

darklordrs

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what do you mean by "Burn in hell"? You should be thankful for what you were given up until now.
no no cydg you don't understand we're burning in MEME HELL where TRUE MEMEs have nothing to do with their lives. without the necessary code to make our characters REALly REAL and ADD NEW HASHES for the LANDING LAG MODS, we're fucked.

Kappa

Toad Stool

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The fourth custom variant for specials is listed in Animcmd right under the third custom.
Example
Special_N_C1
Special_N_C2
Special_N_C3
[Hash] - Fourth Custom Special.

Toad Stool

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it accessible in-game?
With some addition coding possibly, but for now no. If your curious about these custom moves, they were shown off a long time ago here and here. Only Mario actually had some progress done on his moves, others are just very incomplete. But this gives hope to my custom moveset project :).

Edit:
Is it accessible in-game?

If you're wondering how they were access in-game in those particular videos. That was done using the mii fighters customs glitch. How he got the mii fighters to load the 4th custom move? Probably through save editing or something.

Last edited by Toad Stool,

darklordrs

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
With some addition coding possibly, but for now no. If your curious about these custom moves, they were shown off a long time ago here and here. Only Mario actually had some progress done on his moves, others are just very incomplete. But this gives hope to my custom moveset project :)

So.. within reason later on we can actually fill the fourth custom slots? Build a fifth, even?

Man, the metagame after that shit, lmao. 256 or 625 layouts possible per character..

Toad Stool

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So.. within reason later on we can actually fill the fourth custom slots? Build a fifth, even?

Man, the metagame after that shit, lmao. 256 or 625 layouts possible per character..

Eh a fifth one is kind of stretching it, but a fourth is a definite possibility. Just being a able to select it in game might be a bit trouble some.

darklordrs

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Eh a fifth one is kind of stretching it, but a fourth is a definite possibility. Just being a able to select it in game might be a bit trouble some.

Making a desirable menu for it sounds like a major pain, but a graphically minimal 'debug menu' for selecting what customs you want on a certain character rather than the current one can't be TOO hard, right?

IDK, I'm just hype for this shit.

Then if someone makes a new PM or something, the Shinesplosion can be a real custom for Falcon. Or switch the Spacie shines as customs for them, or..

D

Deleted User

Alright, I haven't gotten to homebrew quite yet, I just finished my last college final yesterday. But I do have a question about airdodge and how it's coded.

As far as my understanding goes, Airdodge basically sets the airdodge animation for said character, grants them a certain number of frames of invincibility, and states when the player can act again. Then if one wanted to implement a melee airdodge, I'd think one would have to add a test for directional input, set the character's motion to a set speed at the detected angle, and each frame lower the speed until the speed it approximately 0. At that point instead of setting how soon the character may act again, they are put into freefall mode/animation.

Is this at all the general gist of it, or am I way off the mark? Excuse me if I am, I've not modded any iteration of smash ever. Just kind of curious.

Cydget

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, I haven't gotten to homebrew quite yet, I just finished my last college final yesterday. But I do have a question about airdodge and how it's coded.

As far as my understanding goes, Airdodge basically sets the airdodge animation for said character, grants them a certain number of frames of invincibility, and states when the player can act again. Then if one wanted to implement a melee airdodge, I'd think one would have to add a test for directional input, set the character's motion to a set speed at the detected angle, and each frame lower the speed until the speed it approximately 0. At that point instead of setting how soon the character may act again, they are put into freefall mode/animation.

Is this at all the general gist of it, or am I way off the mark? Excuse me if I am, I've not modded any iteration of smash ever. Just kind of curious.
I think it may be possible to just set a bunch of if than commands, but to make life easier it would probably be a if angle is between 0-15 instead of if angle is 2. Also, I think we can get a bit of the code from fox's and falco's up special, because it pretty much tests to see what angle you are holding and sends you accordingly. Instead of lowering the speed gradually, you can just trigger a stop momentum command after a set amount of frames.

Last edited by Cydget,
D

Deleted User

I think it may be possible to just set a bunch of if than commands, but to make life easier it would probably be a if angle is between 0-15 instead of if angle is 2. Also, I think we can get a bit of the code from fox's and falco's up special, because it pretty much tests to see what angle you are holding and sends you accordingly. Instead of lowering the speed gradually, you can just trigger a stop momentum command after a set amount of frames.

Sounds interesting. Also, if I remember correctly, Melee had 8-direction airdodges, although I'm not sure if the GC was capable of handling more than 8. I know for a fact 3DS is 16-direction, and Wii U might even be 32. That could make for some intersting airdodge tactics, although I'm not sure if I'm for implementing that in a mod or anything. Anyways I've got a good month off from college now so hopefully I can get acquainted with everything and see if I can do anything.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I'm sorry, this is a very nooby question, but which homebrew should I be acessing while running New 3DS version 10.3.0-28U? It appears that I have too recent a version to load browserhax or homemenuhax (http://smealum.github.io/3ds/) Thanks for bearing with me.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    T @ Texasauras: SOLILOQUY