Hacking [Release] rxTools - Roxas75 3DS Toolkit [fw 2.0 - 9.2]

Status
Not open for further replies.

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Got native firm error, Why this happens? (I alreally have "firm" folder under rxtools).

EDIT: I'm running this under a OLD3DS with A9LH.
what version are you upgrading from? That usually means the decrypted firm in /rxTools/data is wrong. You'll have to launch it through AureiNand 9.0 sysnand->HBL to run the installation suite (which will also fail if you don't have the proper files in /rxTools/firm)

Billy Acuña

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
what version are you upgrading from? That usually means the decrypted firm in /rxTools/data is wrong. You'll have to launch it through Aureinand 9.0 sysnand->HBL to run the installation suite (which will also fail if you don't have the proper files in /rxTools/firm
I don't have 9.0 sysnand on aurei, I have it on emunand, Can I use my emunand just for install data?

fr3quency

Trophies
Website
fr3quency.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Greece
if it will launch rxTools... probably. You'll just have to see if it will work that way. I don't plan on downgrading my emunand to try myself.

I can confirm it works. if you try to install the data from scratch, it will throw an error. But if you simply copy the data from your last build(I booted the latest build to get the data, then copied the folder to the a9lh build). Placed the arm9loaderhax.bin from the .zip that @uthernow provided and then placed the data folder into rxTools. It boots as expected. :D

Billy Acuña

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Well, it worked just fine, Data installation works on emunand 9.0 :yay3ds:

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

@urherenow
Just to be sure, Does this build protect FIRM0/FIMR1 while updating like AuRei?

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, it worked just fine, Data installation works on emunand 9.0 :yay3ds:

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

@urherenow
Just to be sure, Does this build protect FIRM0/FIMR1 while updating like AuRei?
NO. a9lh build isn't even ready for release yet (thus does not work on n3ds). There is nothing special about it except for being able to autoboot. I prefer AuReiNand better myself because rxTools has no way of launching sysnand with the 9.0 firm (currently). I need this to use my Gateway. In the near future, you'll be able to launch decrypt9 from within the rxTools menu, among a couple of other things. For now, it's more of a proof of concept.

I can confirm it works. if you try to install the data from scratch, it will throw an error. But if you simply copy the data from your last build(I booted the latest build to get the data, then copied the folder to the a9lh build). Placed the arm9loaderhax.bin from the .zip that @uthernow provided and then placed the data folder into rxTools. It boots as expected. :D

if the only thing you grabbed from that build is the arm9loaderhax.bin, it isn't a good representation of functionality. The code.bin from each branch has a different CRC/MD5 from each other. Although, I just tried the arm9loaderhax branch myself and it works as I stated before...

Last edited by urherenow,

fr3quency

Trophies
Website
fr3quency.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Greece
if the only thing you grabbed from that build is the arm9loaderhax.bin, it isn't a good representation of functionality. The code.bin from each branch has a different CRC/MD5 from each other. Although, I just tried the arm9loaderhax branch myself and it works as I stated before...

Thanks for telling me that. Re-downloading as I type to get whatever else is "needed".

Tjessx

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Thanks to codeTorrent, a group of web designers and homebrew developers, rxTools.net will get a makeover,
All future funds that comes from the ads on the site will go to CodeTorrent' piggybank.
These funds will be used to support homebrew developers with their website costs, and their sever costs.

Glix

Trophies
XP
Country
Ugh, A(i)ds. :/

Be interested to know what the bandwidth peaks that rxtools.net reached?

Relatively static site doesn't need that much resource to run. Just the slight pain for getting the caching right to fit in a cheap vps host (not shared reseller rubbish).

Last edited by Glix,

izy

Advanced Tech Pleb
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
@AlbertoSONIC
Since RXtools is removing all its Tools, what makes it stand out as a CFW anymore??
Now since Reinand/aureinand has implement higher firm support and working AGB. only thing it misses now is region free which is minimal.
I mean its added more features now faster than you (technically cause A9L and 10.2/10.4firm) and you are removing all your defining features just to add a redirector to decrypt9.

Im still on RX but its a good question regarding where you are gonna go on from here?, your kinda shooting yourself in the foot when Reinand offers The same as you but working and everything that you had to offer to the table you removed.

Last edited by izy,

MushGuy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
D
@AlbertoSONIC
Since RXtools is removing all its Tools, what makes it stand out as a CFW anymore??
Now since Reinand/aureinand has implement higher firm support and working AGB. only thing it misses now is region free which is minimal.
I mean its added more features now faster than you (technically cause A9L and 10.2/10.4firm) and you are removing all your defining features just to add a redirector to decrypt9.

Im still on RX but its a good question regarding where you are gonna go on from here?, your kinda shooting yourself in the foot when Reinand offers The same as you but working and everything that you had to offer to the table you removed.
Wait! If rxtools is getting its tools removed, what alternatives can I use to dump NAND files like ticket.db?

Michierusama

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They said is to make it more a CFW and not a tool. Because Decrypt can do most of the work. So they cleaned up the code. Maybe it will be RxCFW and not RxTools[emoji14]

AlbertoSONIC

Pasta Team Member
Trophies
Website
www.albertosonic.com
XP
Country
Italy
@AlbertoSONIC

Without the tools part, we have all time to work at new patches.. Once everything will be working, we'll start to work on a special, awesome feature ;)

Metalomeus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Rxtools is not ready for a9lh on N3ds i guess....It freezes always on console start but launching from hbl is fine.

GBHAKC75

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Rxtools is not ready for a9lh on N3ds i guess....It freezes always on console start but launching from hbl is fine.

Like it has been said before, no it's not. A9LH on RxTools is still highly experimental and works only on o3DS ATM.
Just wait a little longer, it moves pretty fast :)

In the meantime you can get Cakes or (Au)ReiNAND ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://youtu.be/6-Xtobk09VQ?si=pn-cAnCOHyMi0uXm