Status
Not open for further replies.

D34DL1N3R

Nephilim
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wich Firmware.bin did you use? i get the same error and trying your way gaves me a blackscreen.
I Used the Cakes FW with the MD5 Hash: B99ADF0ADB279712367C06EB83BA9AE6 that you can find on the cakes for everywan pastebin.
Which one did you use? PM :)

As mentioned already in the thread, that is old information that needs to be updated. Use the other one that gets generated in the firm folder.

MattKimura

3DS & WiiU Enthusiast
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Question, if I share the rxtools folder with my friends with the data installation already done, will it work for them without doing that part?

wacjoker

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Wich Firmware.bin did you use? i get the same error and trying your way gaves me a blackscreen.
I Used the Cakes FW with the MD5 Hash: B99ADF0ADB279712367C06EB83BA9AE6 that you can find on the cakes for everywan pastebin.
Which one did you use? PM :)
- If you are using an Old 3DS or 2DS, ensure you have Python 2.7 installed on your PC and run /Tools/o3ds_cdn_firm.py. This should download 3 files into a folder named /firm. Copy this entire folder and place it into SD:/rxTools/.
- If you are using an New 3DS, ensure you have Python 2.7 installed on your PC and run /Tools/n3ds_cdn_firm.py. This should download 1 file into a folder named /firm. Copy this entire folder and place it into SD:/rxTools/. You also need the files key_0x16.bin and key_0x1B.bin on the root of your SD card.

Razor1993

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
i Have a New 3DS.
Yes i Already tried it with the generation of the file thru n3ds_cdn_firm.py and yes i also have both Key.bins from the ISO page. but i still get a black screen, and if i use cakes fw its starts installing data but hangs on it.

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

MRDOCA

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
What are you editing? Does it fix something that's broken? I haven't noticed anything wrong so far, mind you I haven't done much but play games lol

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As mentioned already in the thread, that is old information that needs to be updated. Use the other one that gets generated in the firm folder.
Actually, I said that before I read the docs in the new release. The fact is, that the docs are already updated and I refuse to help MORONS who refuse to read the docs.

Yes, I said it. If you ask something that is answered in the docs, you are a MORON. (not directed towards you, @D34DL1N3R )

does anyone know if you still need the CETK file?
Why ask, if you don't know how to read? Then again, why am I replying to another person who doesn't know how to read :wacko:

Last edited by urherenow,

reiyu

Canadian, eh?
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Why ask, if you don't know how to read? Then again, why am I replying to another person who doesn't know how to read :wacko:

well, unless i'm really dumb and blind, i don't see anything that mentions the CETK in the new readme.md file. and why are you being so hostile?

D34DL1N3R

Nephilim
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually, I said that before I read the docs in the new release. The fact is, that the docs are already updated and I refuse to help MORONS who refuse to read the docs.

Yes, I said it. If you ask something that is answered in the docs, you are a MORON. (not directed towards you, @D34DL1N3R )

They still need updating, as IMPORTANT!.txt and QuickStartGuide_v3.0.pdf direct N3DS users to use two different bin files. :)

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well, unless i'm really dumb and blind, i don't see anything that mentions the CETK in the new readme.md file. and why are you being so hostile?
Because people keep asking questions that are already answered in the README.md

Nothing mentions cetk now, because you don't need it. Even when they were needed, that didn't even last a week (it seems).

That extension really needs to default to .txt as it's quite possible people don't know how to or don't realize they need to.
I think it has to be that way because of the way it's displayed in GitHub (which, by the way, is much easier on the eyes than reading it with notepad and such...)

Last edited by urherenow,
Reactions: Sev501

reiyu

Canadian, eh?
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Because people keep asking questions that are already answered in the README.md

Nothing mentions cetk now, because you don't need it. Even when they were needed, that didn't even last a week (it seems).
hence why i'm confirming. since it was a requirement in the older versions, i was assuming it could still be needed and was omitted. you don't have to answer if you're just going to be all pissy and shit. you could have just said no, it doesn't need it anymore and get on with the day.

Reactions: Sev501
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: It's Mayday fellas