Hacking [Release] rxTools - Roxas75 3DS Toolkit [fw 2.0 - 9.2]

Status
Not open for further replies.

noctis90210

Trophies
XP
Country
Take your time guys, there are alternatives available for those who can't wait.

Real life should be your number one priority, and rxTools a distant second.

we understand that, but the point is they keep always telling soon (near enough) even though its not, better not telling any promises, just release it when its redy...

Madridi

Card Collector
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
we understand that, but the point is they keep always telling soon (near enough) even though its not, better not telling any promises, just release it when its redy...
Their intention has always been soon. No one doubts that they were lying or something. But shit happens. Get over it

Reactions: Sev501

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
They can say soon all they want.. Gateway does.. And people praise them like some gods... People need to back off. The reinand mod works fantastic in place of rxtools right now. You want the latest emunand, use a different cfw people.. Jeezus.

Reactions: Sev501

treebeard

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All you people feel like you're entitled to this stuff for some reason.. This is free software developed for the greater good of the community by people with real lives. They have careers, education, and other responsibilities to take care of. They owe nothing to anybody. Learn to have some patience and just wait for a release. If you can't wait, Cakes and Reinand combined with other homebrew solutions will do the same things.

MattKimura

3DS & WiiU Enthusiast
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I for some reason have a nightly from Dec 5th, 2015 (7b938aa). I think I remember hearing that this build was the only one that supported region free on N3DS. Is this true?

I'm trying to migrate to the nightly build on the GITHUB page (83afbb6) but I want to know if this build also has region free on N3DS.

Gonna start recommending this version from now on to friends who are using o3DS. (And ReiNand + free region patcher for N3DS friends)

Last edited by MattKimura,

Wojton

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Hello, I have a problem with installation of rxTools on O3DS running 9.2.0-20E (downgraded from 10.3). Every rxTools build that uses code.bin + 3 firmware files downloaded by cdn_firm.py (so basically, all of the recent versions) fails on installing data suite on first bootup, every version fails at the exact same point (2 out of 5 "boxes" fill up, it fails on the 3rd one). The emunand launches successfully with most of the versions, but each time I launch it I have to go through 1-2 minutes of installing data suite, then it fails, the screen goes black after I press A and then it boots up the emunand. Unconvenient, to say the least. I copied the firm folder downloaded by cdn_firm.py to rxTools folder on SD Card, just like the guide says.

rxTools 2.6 and 3.0 b8 (the versions that use rxTools.dat rather than code.bin) work fine launched by browser link: launch.rxtools.net, but I'd really like to use CtrBootManager to autoboot me straight to emunand without the hassle, and I can't do that with these versions of rxTools :(

I'm using 16GB SanDisk microSD card with adapter (though I've tried another, 2GB microSD, just to rule it out as a cause), formatted by Emunand9 tool. No matter if I use browserhax, menuhax 2.2 or just try to launch rxTools using the web link, I end up with the same result. I've been trying to resolve the issue for the past 2 days, trying various nightly builds, with the same result. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by Wojton,

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, I have a problem with installation of rxTools on O3DS running 9.2.0-20E (downgraded from 10.3). Every rxTools build that uses code.bin + 3 firmware files downloaded by cdn_firm.py (so basically, all of the recent versions) fails on installing data suite on first bootup, every version fails at the exact same point (2 out of 5 "boxes" fill up, it fails on the 3rd one). The emunand launches successfully with most of the versions, but each time I launch it I have to go through 1-2 minutes of installing data suite, then it fails, the screen goes black after I press A and then it boots up the emunand. Unconvenient, to say the least. I copied the firm folder downloaded by cdn_firm.py to rxTools folder on SD Card, just like the guide says.

rxTools 2.6 and 3.0 b8 (the versions that use rxTools.dat rather than code.bin) work fine launched by browser link: launch.rxtools.net, but I'd really like to use CtrBootManager to autoboot me straight to emunand without the hassle, and I can't do that with these versions of rxTools :(

I'm using 16GB SanDisk microSD card with adapter (though I've tried another, 2GB microSD, just to rule it out as a cause), formatted by Emunand9 tool. No matter if I use browserhax, menuhax 2.2 or just try to launch rxTools using the web link, I end up with the same result. I've been trying to resolve the issue for the past 2 days, trying various nightly builds, with the same result. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
To solve your problem is to buy a FULL SIZED SD CARD not a MicroSD Card in a SD Card adaptor :)

Wojton

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I also don't think using full SD card will make any difference, I've been using this microSD for years, ironhax, menuhax, fbi+memchunkhax, sysupdater, you name it, everything worked without a single problem. I think the problem lies somewhere within the 3DS firmware (although it downgraded and seems tto be running fine). But, I happen to have a full size SD card in home, I'm going to try it now, just to be sure :)

Wojton

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
And as I thought, using full size SD Card made no difference, tried the lastest nightly (which uses 3 files in the "firm" folder and supposedly "stable" build 83afbb6 from github (which uses firmware.bin file) and they both fail at the same point during data suite installation and then booted me successfully to emunand:

CJEXZXf.jpg

That's 3 SD Cards I've tried, I think we can rule it out as a cause. So since the only remaining suspect is my 3DS firmware, I have another question - how can I "reflash" the firmware, I mean downgrade to say 9.0 and the install 9.2 back? Is that even a possiblity? I'm currently on 9.2.0-20E.

Last edited by Wojton,

Aroth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And as I thought, using full size SD Card made no difference, tried the lastest nightly (which uses 3 files in the "firm" folder and supposedly "stable" build 83afbb6 from github (which uses firmware.bin file) and they both fail at the same point during data suite installation and then booted me successfully to emunand:
CJEXZXf.jpg
That's 3 SD Cards I've tried, I think we can rule it out as a cause. So since the only remaining suspect is my 3DS firmware, I have another question - how can I "reflash" the firmware, I mean downgrade to say 9.0 and the install 9.2 back? Is that even a possiblity? I'm currently on 9.2.0-20E.

If it is booting into the emunand at all it sounds like it is actually working. Not sure why it says data installation failed (or are you just assuming it failed because it only filled 3/5 boxes and it doesn't actually say the word "failed"?)

As for this business of "reflashing firm", that is not gonna happen. For one thing, 9.0 and 9.2 are nearly identical and the native_firm was one of the things that did not change. If your downgrade completed at all then you are on 9.2 in every way that matters or could impact CFW in any way.

edit:

You said it does the data installation every time, are you 100% sure it is loading emunand?

Do me a favor and change something about the layout then boot sysnand and see if the change persisted (I assume your nands are unlinked?) I know rxTools can load sysnand with all of the various patches in place, so I would not trust that just because system settings says "RX" that it is emunand (though I am pretty sure rxmode sysnand shows RX-S, not RX-E).

Also, once you load, do me another favor and install/open something like FMP and let me know what it says for "kernel version".

It sounds almost like somehow or another it is loading emunand without firmlaunch (though how would that be possible?)

Finally, can you show us the contents of your sd card after the failed data installation?

Last edited by Aroth,

Wojton

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
@Aroth Thanks for reply! It does say "Installation failed, press any key to continue" (I'm so sick of seeing that message at this point). Now, that alone wouldn't be a problem, but because of that, I have to wait about 2 mins on each boot up for it to say it failed, press A and then it takes me to emunand. Its either that or I have to manually launch rxTools through the web browser (in case of 2.6/3.0b8). I want my console to boot straight to emunand - the whole reason why I downgraded in the first place is because I want to be on the newest firmware, so that I can play my favourite game online, but at the same time, I don't want to lose access to Homebrew Launcher with the future system update. I was thinking about instaling Cakes instead, but I dont know if online play works with it on emuNAND.

So what I'm doing right now is downgrading my console back to 4.5 using Gateway launcher, then I want to upgrade back to 9.2, so that hopefully I can install latest rxTools (or any rxTools build for that matter that can be coldbooted with CtrBootManager). I know for a fact there are people with O3DS on 9.2 that got through initial rxTools bootup without a problem and now it takes them a few seconds to boot up to emunand, not 2 minutes.

So downgrading to 4.5 and upgrading back to 9.2 is seems to me like an idea worth trying. What do you think? Is there a remote chance this could resolve my problem? Or am I just wasting my time and the cause of the problem lies somewhere else?

Another idea is to copy rxTool folder from someone with O3DS on 9.2 that is a nightly build. I'm not sure if that would have bypassed initial installation though. Can someone PM me their rxTool folder so that I can give it a try?

Last edited by Wojton,
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: ballcock