United States

motezazer

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello everyone!
I'm back to give you a status update.
10.4 FIRM has a lot of structural changes compared to 9.5/9.6, and so we are having some trouble to port every RxTools feature to 10.4 FIRM, delaying our emuNAND release.
(Yes, I know that other CFWs already have it, but other CFWs are lighter than us - having less features - so it's easier for them to port to another FIRM.)

I would ask you to answer to this poll: https://twitter.com/RxTools/status/693815465496420352
Sorry for the delay.
We hope to release soon.

noctis90210

Trophies
XP
Country
as usual, lots of "soon" being announced since roxas75 left, they say it will be released september, moved on november, expected to be december cuz vacation, but still as of now, no stable release... june 29 2015, roxas75 released the last stable release and july 1 2015 heleft the scene, and today its january, its been almost 6months, but still no stable release... i know this cfw is the best but better not to xpect too much about the release date and the hype created by always telling soon...

definition on dictionary
soon:
within a short period after this or that time, event, etc
before long; in the near future; at an early date
promptly or quickly
early
in a period of time
Obsolete. immediately; at once; forthwith.

but here in gbatemp, soon meaning is opposite...

Last edited by noctis90210,

motezazer

Trophies
XP
Country
France
as usual, lots of "soon" being announced since roxas75 left, they say it will be released september, moved on november, expected to be december cuz vacation, but still as of now, no stable release... june 29 2015, roxas75 released the last stable release and july 1 2015 heleft the scene, and today its january, its been almost 6months, but still no stable release... i know this cfw is the best but better not to xpect too much about the release date and the hype created by always telling soon...
We understand that the consistent delaying can create frustration.
9.6+ emuNAND was planned from the beggining for 3.0, but (hard mod) problems prevented us from doing so.
Now Nintendo gave structural changes to FIRM giving us a bad time.
I won't give an ETA anymore for 3.0 to avoid further delaying.
But 10.5 emuNAND should be released very soon. I'm sure of that.

fr3quency

Trophies
Website
fr3quency.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Greece
We understand that the consistent delaying can create frustration.
9.6+ emuNAND was planned from the beggining for 3.0, but (hard mod) problems prevented us from doing so.
Now Nintendo gave structural changes to FIRM giving us a bad time.
I won't give an ETA anymore for 3.0 to avoid further delaying.
But 10.5 emuNAND should be released very soon. I'm sure of that.
A couple of 1-2 NEW commits once in a while doesn't hurt. Seriously, I want install a new Nightly every day. CyanogenMod spoiled me. :P

noctis90210

Trophies
XP
Country
definition on dictionary
soon:
within a short period after this or that time, event, etc
before long; in the near future; at an early date
promptly or quickly
early
in a period of time
Obsolete. immediately; at once; forthwith.

but here in gbatemp, soon meaning is opposite...

hope the very soon will not mean the very opposite of it...
sorry for the bad comment but we are hyped for keep on saying it is soon even though its not...

fr3quency

Trophies
Website
fr3quency.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Greece
So you want that we upload our latest internal commits that broke RxTools?
In this case I would say no. In this case I would say you take another approach and be closer to the community with what you just did today. Don't do it once in a month. Or even better, create an IRC channel so you can keep us up to date with what happens internally in rxTools team(yes even if you say "i was banging a girl so I didn't have time to update rxTools". I don't care. :P)

Edit: oh yeah you have twitter. I forgot your account existed for a moment.

Last edited by fr3quency,
Reactions: noctis90210

noctis90210

Trophies
XP
Country
nintendo will always be ahead of us...
if they're going to release new FIRM, it means there will be another "soon"...

for example:
- nintendo 10.6 FIRM is released, the team will need to fix, release will be soon...
- nintendo 10.7 FIRM is released, the team will need to fix, release will be soon again...
- nintendo 99.9 FIRM is released, the team will need to fix, release will be soon again...

so, it means if nintendo did not stop releasing new FIRM, the rxteam will also not stop saying "soon"

how bout releasing a certain version that support a certain fw (like other program/app/os/hack do).
for example:
- rxtools 3.0 supports emunand 10.5 in o3ds and 10.4 in n3ds, dont update to 10.9 cuz rxtools is not yet compatible.
- rxtools 3.1 supports emunand 10.9 in both n/o3ds, but rxtools is not compatible to 11.0
- rxtools 3.5 supports emunand 11.0 for all 3ds
- and so on...

the followers of rxtools will enjoy this kind of old trend rather than keep on saying soon...

Reactions: fr3quency

Aroth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello everyone!
10.4 FIRM has a lot of structural changes compared to 9.5/9.6, and so we are having some trouble to port every RxTools feature to 10.4 FIRM, delaying our emuNAND release.
(Yes, I know that other CFWs already have it, but other CFWs are lighter than us - having less features - so it's easier for them to port to another FIRM.)

I would ask you to answer to this poll: https://twitter.com/RxTools/status/693815465496420352
Sorry for the delay.
We hope to release soon.

Actually reinand and gw are both using 10.2 firm and from what I understand cakes allows you to drop any firm you want. I would seriously focus on 10.2 firm and stick with that until Nintendo does an actual version change to the FW, which would require a new firm to update.

Reactions: Zidapi

motezazer

Trophies
XP
Country
France
nintendo will always be ahead of us...
if they're going to release new FIRM, it means there will be another "soon"...

for example:
- nintendo 10.6 FIRM is released, the team will need to fix, release will be soon...
- nintendo 10.7 FIRM is released, the team will need to fix, release will be soon again...
- nintendo 99.9 FIRM is released, the team will need to fix, release will be soon again...

so, it means if nintendo did not stop releasing new FIRM, the rxteam will also not stop saying "soon"

how bout releasing a certain version that support a certain fw (like other program/app/os/hack do).
for example:
- rxtools 3.0 supports emunand 10.5 in o3ds and 10.4 in n3ds, dont update to 10.9 cuz rxtools is not yet compatible.
- rxtools 3.1 supports emunand 10.9 in both n/o3ds, but rxtools is not compatible to 11.0
- rxtools 3.5 supports emunand 11.0 for all 3ds
- and so on...

the followers of rxtools will enjoy this kind of old trend rather than keep on saying soon...
The big change was 10.0, the other FIRMs only add minor modifications (supporting 10.0=supporting 10.2=supporting10.4)

Aroth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The big change was 10.0, the other FIRMs only add minor modifications (supporting 10.0=supporting 10.2=supporting10.4)

Seems odd that 10.0 would be a "big" change when it was only considered a "revision" update by Nintendo.

edit:

Not that I don't believe that isn't exactly what happened. Just that it seems odd for Nintendo to do so.

Last edited by Aroth,

juniorcba

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hello everyone!

Sorry for the delay.
We hope to release soon.
Pool answer: Both, 1 soon and 2 later, one option does not exclude the other.
Please, if possible.

Last edited by juniorcba,
Reactions: noctis90210

Aroth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It was a big internal change, a redevelopment of FIRM.

In that case it does seem very odd that that Nintendo only branded it with a revision chance (albeit with a significant jump from -1 to -7). A change of that level really should have resulted in a version change, and probably a Major one (from 2.xx to 3.xx) from the sounds of it.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Meh, there needs to be a third option. 10.2 firm.

Agreed. It is counter productive to the community for the different CFWs to be running on different firm versions, especially since we rely on tools like NTR (that currently does not work on 10.4 afaik) for a lot of extended features.

My personal opinion is that all 3 major CFW should be on the same FIRM for easy cross compatibility with each other and with all the various add-on tools.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: only ps5 updated to latest firmware can go on psn, jailbroken ones just don't use psn or they...