Not open for further replies.

juniorcba

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
how can you play ds games?
Well, I did nothing special, besides flashing the TWL v1 and flashcard blacklist v0, but didn't test to see if this is the reason. I use last rxtools nightly and it works.

No! That was some stupid troll in another thread. Running ds without a flashcard (or a original game cartridge) is not possible and never will be!

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

This is for n3ds, yes. O3ds can do both.
No, it isn't true.

I'm pretty sure the guy was just mocking the OP for posting a new thread because a new build was released. But I guess no one understood that.

I'm pretty sure stupid is the guy making a thread for stupid reasons, and yeah that was me. Some ppl can't understand sarcasm.

Last edited by juniorcba,

wurstpistole

GBAtemp MVP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Well, I did nothing special, besides flashing the TWL v1 and flashcard blacklist v0, but didn't test to see if this is the reason. I use last rxtools nightly and it works.

I'm pretty sure stupid is the guy making a thread for stupid reasons, and yeah that was me. Some ppl can't understand sarcasm.
You're on o3ds obviously. N3ds doesn't support ds on latest nightlies. Reinand and cakes do. But they lack region free which Rx on the other hand has.

Reactions: zhevastian

MrJason005

√2
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
No! That was some stupid troll in another thread. Running ds without a flashcard (or a original game cartridge) is not possible and never will be!
All we need to do is re-write TWL to make it so it doesn't hard-reboot the console, and then we could install DS games like GBA roms as CIAs on the home menu.

Reactions: zhevastian

zhevastian

Trophies
XP
Country

i saw some other guy who has the same topic about playing ds without flashcart. unfortunately hes getting bash just like you. ahahaha

Kaneco

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I'm getting this error code when I try to install CIAs from Sysnand through Rxtools and even with Pasta patches applied.

Code:
Install failed!
Could not install app.
Raw Error: 0xc8a0802b
Module: AM (0x20)
Level: Status (0x19)
Summary: Invalid State (0x5)
Description: Database does not exist (0x2b)

Press Start to Continue

What is the cause of this issue and how do you solve it?

ccfman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I'm getting this error code when I try to install CIAs from Sysnand through Rxtools and even with Pasta patches applied.

Code:
Install failed!
Could not install app.

Press Start to Continue

It means the nothing was ever downloaded from the eShop. You have to manually create 2 files on the SD Card.

SD: /Nintendo 3DS/<ID>/<ID>/dbs/

Create 2 empty files called title.db and import.db in that folder. <ID> is random numbers.

Then you have to go to System Setting --> Data Management --> Nintendo 3DS --> Software and let it recreate the database.

Reactions: urherenow

Kaneco

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It means the nothing was ever downloaded from the eShop. You have to manually create 2 files on the SD Card.

SD: /Nintendo 3DS/<ID>/<ID>/dbs/

Create 2 empty files called title.db and import.db in that folder. <ID> is random numbers.

Then you have to go to System Setting --> Data Management --> Nintendo 3DS --> Software and let it recreate the database.

Thanks for reminding me about that step...this is my old OG 3DS, and not my 3DS XL and had completely forgotten about this step after Tiny Formatting your Sysnand!

Thank you very much sir!

Grim Ripper

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece

Code:
Install failed!
Could not install app.

Press Start to Continue

You could also access the e-shop in order for the creation of the database.

Last edited by Grim Ripper,

Kaneco

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
l

You could also access the e-shop in order for the creation of the database.

Sysnand is on 9.2 so that would be impossible...well, unless I use the app through Homebrew Launcher, but anyhow I already got it set up through the other method. :P

Pikasack

What is a title
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So um, i heard the latest versions of Rxtools allow for no need to use the AGB_FIRM patch, how do i use it!?
I launch a GBA cia using Pasta Mode, but it always comes up with An error has occured...

Last edited by Pikasack,

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why do i need to do that?
Pasta Mode is Sysnand only...
Do i need to enable Show AGB_FIRM Bios in the settings then launch Pasta Mode?
Don't use pasta mode. Use rxmode in sysnand. (although I'm not guaranteeing that it will work. I Can't test because all my GBA stuff is legit so I can run it in any kind of sysnand mode).

@Shadow#1 derp...

Last edited by urherenow,

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I sware if that's all i needed to do...
you replied while I was editing. I can run that stuff no matter what (I don't have any injected games) so I'm not saying it will; just suggesting what to try. And I didn't catch if you have o3ds or n3ds. rxTools doesn't have any patches at all for n3ds TWL or AGB.

Pikasack

What is a title
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
you replied while I was editing. I can run that stuff no matter what (I don't have any injected games) so I'm not saying it will; just suggesting what to try. And I didn't catch if you have o3ds or n3ds. rxTools doesn't have any patches at all for n3ds TWL or AGB.

At first I was like, alright I got into the game, but there's an issue saving?
It's just a problem with how SMB3 save I guess, that's a problem for another time.
But anyways, it's working now, thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fv6vlP2qSyo