Hacking [Release] rxTools - Roxas75 3DS Toolkit [fw 2.0 - 9.2]

Status
Not open for further replies.

nolimits59

Trophies
XP
Country
France
  • Hi here, little question, never considered going back to 9.2, i downgraded my 9.2 back in the days when gateway downgrade was out, i'm using gateway but for some GBA i go to rxtools, i would like to have a better option than switch cards with cubic ninja (im using a old version of rx tools with ninjhax), so i consider going "back" to 9.2, i have like 2 NAND backup of 9.2 before i downgraded, should i put it back or should i update with a tool for going back to 9.2 ?

fr3quency

Trophies
Website
fr3quency.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Greece
I don't seem to have an rxTools code.bin in the "rxTools_2015-07-12" download. Is there some way I can get this, because I can't get the latest nightly to work properly.
What you have to do to get the latest Nightly to work properly(I'm on O3DS so I'm not sure about N3DS if you have one) is:
1)Download the latest build from: https://www.omicron.pw/
2)Unzip it
3)Go to \release\Tools\ and run cdn_firm.py Running the cdn_firm.py script, you will download a folder named "firm" in \release\Tools\ that contains 3 files.
4)Copy the "firm" folder you just downloaded from the script into \release\rxTools\
5)Delete the OLD rxTools in your SDcard(Back it up first)
6)Now copy the NEW rxTools folder(which is in \release\)
7)Paste the copied folder into your SDcard
8)While booting rxTools up, hold the L button
9)It will now install the new rxTools
10)Profit

I'm using CTRBootmanager which loads the code.bin file which is located in \rxTools\sys\

Last edited by fr3quency,

Kaneco

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright so I'm having issues with FBI install or Injection on any new, non-rxtools.dat builds of RxTools...it just hangs at backing up H&S when I press install & choose a Nand.

RxTools.dat's website that boots the old build from the browser is actually down, so I can inject FBI at all...it's been the only method I've been able to successfully inject FBI onto H&S since about 2 months ago.

Has anyone had any issues like these before? And is there another work around, such as a Homebrew Launcher app?

Btw, 9.2 SysNand & 10.4 RX Emunand O3DSXL.

fate6

Haha, I killed a Pumpkin!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright so I'm having issues with FBI install or Injection on any new, non-rxtools.dat builds of RxTools...it just hangs at backing up H&S when I press install & choose a Nand.

RxTools.dat's website that boots the old build from the browser is actually down, so I can inject FBI at all...it's been the only method I've been able to successfully inject FBI onto H&S since about 2 months ago.

Has anyone had any issues like these before? And is there another work around, such as a Homebrew Launcher app?

Btw, 9.2 SysNand & 10.4 RX Emunand O3DSXL.

Why inject at all? Just boot into emunand then HBL with browser hax or whatever and use 3dsx fbi to install the cia one.

Reactions: Zidapi

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Identical problem here. I posted a few pages back with no responses.

I basically want to inject FBI to SysNAND so I can follow the process to upgrade from 4.1 to 9.2 on my O3DS.

Kaneco

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why inject at all? Just boot into emunand then HBL with browser hax or whatever and use 3dsx fbi to install the cia one.

I need to install my Ambassador GBA games onto my newly formatted & Unliked Sysnand so they are able to run in Emunand because doing that broke my GBA games...they don't run anymore.

Pretty sure it's been said that you need to install GBA Cias to even run them in Emunand, no installation under Sysnand = no GBA games from what I understand.

fate6

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I need to install my Ambassador GBA games onto my newly formatted & Unliked Sysnand so they are able to run in Emunand because doing that broke my GBA games...they don't run anymore.

Pretty sure it's been said that you need to install GBA Cias to even run them in Emunand, no installation under Sysnand = no GBA games from what I understand.

Yea you do need to install them to sysNAND but if that is all you want to do then.

1) Boot into RxTools sysNAND
2) Get into HBL via browserhax or whatever
3) Use the 3dsx version of FBI to install GBA CIA
4) Lel!

Whatever NAND you boot into is where things install so just run RxTools sysNAND or miniPasta or something to disable sig checks while staying in sysNAND.

Last edited by fate6,
Reactions: Zidapi

Kaneco

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yea you do need to install them to sysNAND but if that is all you want to do then.

1) Boot into RxTools sysNAND
2) Get into HBL via browserhax or whatever
3) Use the 3dsx version of FBI to install GBA CIA
4) Lel!

Whatever NAND you boot into is where things install so just run RxTools sysNAND or miniPasta or something to disable sig checks while staying in sysNAND.

I get errors when installing through Homebrew Launcher through Sysnand, that's why I'm trying to install through the H&S Inject on Sysnand...just like I did before.

CaptainNomadic

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I get errors when installing through Homebrew Launcher through Sysnand, that's why I'm trying to install through the H&S Inject on Sysnand...just like I did before.
I'm having the exact same problem as you are describing, I hope someone has a solution, if you find anything let me know and I'll do as well!

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Doesn't work on emunand if it's 9.6+. Have to use NASA for that. But I agree. There's no point in injecting it to H&S. Even on sysnand (keeping in mind that sysnand 9.2 is recommended because of menuhax).

Deleted member 361703

GBATemp OldFag
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
im must be doing something wrong. i cant use the old rxtools.dat but i cant find the new one and even with python installed i cant make whatever from the python script....what happened to rxtools?

Edit: forgive me i must have had python3 installed not python2

does it not matter that i dont have a rxtools.dat? from 1/23/16 nightly

so a better question is if i dont get a new rxtools.dat can i still run rxtools? im scared to try the ol done but what harm could be done

.....sems like not :(

Last edited by Deleted member 361703,

zero2exe

Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
im must be doing something wrong. i cant use the old rxtools.dat but i cant find the new one and even with python installed i cant make whatever from the python script....what happened to rxtools?

Edit: forgive me i must have had python3 installed not python2

does it not matter that i dont have a rxtools.dat? from 1/23/16 nightly

so a better question is if i dont get a new rxtools.dat can i still run rxtools? im scared to try the ol done but what harm could be done

.....sems like not :(
One time I tried to update my RXtools but picked a wrong firmware.bin and I either got stuck at the installation data suite or just got a blackscreen upon loading emunand. When I restored the old files from my backup my old RXtools (the .dat the old firmware.bin, etc) it wouldn't boot either so I had to also restore my Emunand from the backup.

Deleted member 361703

GBATemp OldFag
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
One time I tried to update my RXtools but picked a wrong firmware.bin and I either got stuck at the installation data suite or just got a blackscreen upon loading emunand. When I restored the old files from my backup my old RXtools (the .dat the old firmware.bin, etc) it wouldn't boot either so I had to also restore my Emunand from the backup.
the issue was i use to use rxtools when roxas was doing it not pasta so now i have rxtools in cfw but i for the life of me cant get pasta mode to install fbi im using rxtools nightly booting that with browser then trying to use homemenuhax to install fbi but menuhax wont open

Last edited by Deleted member 361703,

fate6

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

You need to disable sig checks which is why you need to run a CFW for SYSNAND first. It's how I install stuff like GBA injects so idk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: I got this one - https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07DDHC5MV