Status
Not open for further replies.

Job Moody

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
2.6 works fine but, when I try to launch EmuNAND it freezes on black screen?

EDIT: Sooo my NAND was gone from my SD Card somehow, I put it back and maybe it will work now :D

EDIT2: Nope :( @urherenow How do i get this to work?

Oh and the Health and Safety app is broken (i cant install FBI over it and i cant open it) how do i repair it? (no backup can someone send a link to one?)

Last edited by Job Moody,

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I guess it doesn't like your patched AGB_FIRM then. I don't use it because I don't have any injected stuff and all my DSIware and GBA ambassador stuff is legit.

Job Moody

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Disable wireless.
Open browser.
Go to settings.
Delete history.
Delete cookies.
Exit settings.
Type in URL I gave you.
Enable wifi.
Refresh browser page.
Well i'm using 2.6 now and it works great... But it wont load EmuNAND can you help?
It loads fine, when i opend it first it installed the extra data like its supposed to, but it wont launch EmuNAND? Should i re-format my SD Card to EmuNAND?

I'm going to be away from the computer so i will check back tomorrow

Job Moody

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well it's not working great if it isn't loading emuNAND is it now...
EXACTLY well I can't fix it I'm going to re format my EmuNAND via gateway (as I did the first time) -typed on my phone because don't have computer handy

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if nand unlinked did gbavc work?I only have Ambassador gbavc in emunand
my stuff is legit so it works in sysnand with no hacks loaded at all. That stuff was never intended to work on emunand at all, regardless of whether or not it worked in the past. The 3ds reboots into a different firmware to play those things and... I'm sick of explaining this. I will never comment on GBA/DSiWare again. But as a final note, the 2.6 release states: TWL support only on sysNAND. TWL is for DSiWare, NOT GBA stuff.

2.6 works fine but, when I try to launch EmuNAND it freezes on black screen?

EDIT: Sooo my NAND was gone from my SD Card somehow, I put it back and maybe it will work now :D

Oh and the Health and Safety app is broken (i cant install FBI over it and i cant open it) how do i repair it? (no backup can someone send a link to one?)
Exactly how did you put it back? what version is it, and how did you update it to that version?

H&S app: find it: http://3dbrew.org/wiki/Title_list
Download it: https://gbatemp.net/threads/3dnus.376488/
Install it with FBI (if SD gives you an error, try NAND, if that gives you an error as well, delete the title from NAND first, but be sure you know what you're deleting.

I have told you everything you need to know to get it working. I'm done.

Last edited by urherenow,
Reactions: Zidapi

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if nand unlinked did gbavc work?I only have Ambassador gbavc in emunand
Since nands r unlinked it has to be installed in both to work in emuNAND if they was still linked gba vc will work just fine in emuNAND o3ds only

Job Moody

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
my stuff is legit so it works in sysnand with no hacks loaded at all. That stuff was never intended to work on emunand at all, regardless of whether or not it worked in the past. The 3ds reboots into a different firmware to play those things and... I'm sick of explaining this. I will never comment on GBA/DSiWare again. But as a final note, the 2.6 release states: TWL support only on sysNAND. TWL is for DSiWare, NOT GBA stuff.

Exactly how did you put it back? what version is it, and how did you update it to that version?

H&S app: find it: http://3dbrew.org/wiki/Title_list
Download it: https://gbatemp.net/threads/3dnus.376488/
Install it with FBI (if SD gives you an error, try NAND, if that gives you an error as well, delete the title from NAND first, but be sure you know what you're deleting.

I have told you everything you need to know to get it working. I'm done.
Re-formated with emunand9 instead of Gateway, still have yet to try it, and how am i supposed to install that if i cant launch emunand to get FBI working? lol
Also i have a nand backup on my desktop, i just read somewhere that you don't need it on the SD Card, so i guess don't need to have it except for a backup.

Audioboxer

Trophies
XP
Country
To upgrade a pre-existing rxtools installation is it just as simple as copy/pasting the new files onto the sdcard?

Pacman`

Trophies
XP
Country
Here's rxTools_2016-01-09.bbfc8c3
Has capito27's new reboot + shutdown options in the settings screen.
Tested with my faithful red O3DSXL that has the AGB FIRM Patch applied, so it works with custom GBA on Sysnand.
It works with SSB too.
For old 3DS users, no real changes from the DEC 05 release (rxTools_2015-12-05.a08cfdd) though if you're wondering...

http://filetrip.net/dl?0nlwPAQJtp

Job Moody

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tested with my faithful red O3DSXL that has the AGB FIRM Patch applied, so it works with custom GBA on Sysnand.
It works with SSB too.
For old 3DS users, no real changes from the DEC 05 release (rxTools_2015-12-05.a08cfdd) though if you're wondering...

Hey i have an O3DS, i would love this can you make a tutorial or something? I cant figure out how to get rxTools working properly on 2.6, It works fine but stays on black screen when trying to launch EmuNAND
So if you could PM or Email me a tutorial (or just post one here) that would be great.
EDIT: Just on where the files go i have everything else done (nand backup, emunand via emunand9)

Pacman`

Trophies
XP
Country
You don't need a tutorial, just common sense.

1- You make sure you're on 9.x sysnand
2- You make sure you have a working emunand
3- You make sure you have tried MSET method to boot into rxTools before anything else
4- That's it

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Why I can't enter menu while holding R ? It's just load emunand. version 2.5.2 I think.
Cause you need to hold L (not R)

Job Moody

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You don't need a tutorial, just common sense.

1- You make sure you're on 9.x sysnand
2- You make sure you have a working emunand
3- You make sure you have tried MSET method to boot into rxTools before anything else
4- That's it

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Cause you need to hold L (not R)
1-Check
2-Dunno
3-Don't know how but downgaded my system settings
4-i tried 2.6 everything works fine but hangs on EmuNAND launch (if that helps if I have a working EmuNAND or not, tried GW and emunand9, same thing)

The real problem i have with the newer files is it doesn't even get past the installation, it just fails

Job Moody

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Whatever if i can't get help this is never going to work soooo... im switching back to 2.6 and outdated tutorials :l

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1-Check
2-Dunno
3-Don't know how but downgaded my system settings
4-i tried 2.6 everything works fine but hangs on EmuNAND launch (if that helps if I have a working EmuNAND or not, tried GW and emunand9, same thing)

The real problem i have with the newer files is it doesn't even get past the installation, it just fails
Do you have rxtools.dat in the root of your card? If so, then that's your problem. The versions that use rxtools.dat and the ones that use code.bin require different firmware files. Whatever method you are using to launch, you need to update. This is whether or not you're using ninjhax/HBL or spider/browserhax, or MSET. You are launching rxtools.dat, which will fail without the proper firmware.bin, or you are launching code.bin with a firmware.bin (but it requires the 3 separate files downloaded with the cdn_download.py).

Last edited by urherenow,

Job Moody

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you have rxtools.dat in the root of your card? If so, then that's your problem. The versions that use rxtools.dat and the ones that use code.bin require different firmware files. Whatever method you are using to launch, you need to update. This is whether or not you're using ninjhax/HBL or spider/browserhax, or MSET. You are launching rxtools.dat, which will fail without the proper firmware.bin, or you are launching code.bin with a firmware.bin (but it requires the 3 separate files downloaded with the cdn_download.py).
nope and im using the new link
Right now im following this https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-installing-rxtools-custom-firmware-3ds-and-2ds.390867/

RahFah

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
It works with SSB too.

THAANKS!!!

I have a new 3ds. With this version of rxtools I finally can play .cia gba games!
I just need to instal then in the sysnand (with pastafw) and install in emunand. Then I can play it in the emunand.

Now i'm going to install and test the SSB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3xQO7neBmy0&pp=ygUXU2hvd2VyIHNjZW5lIEhhbGYgYmFrZWQ%3D