Hacking [Release] rxTools - Roxas75 3DS Toolkit [fw 2.0 - 9.2]

Status
Not open for further replies.

s-arash

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
should i go to the pastamode everytime i want to install and run the cia?
is there anyway to launch pastamode on emunand?

andriy921

Trophies
XP
Country
should i go to the pastamode everytime i want to install and run the cia?
is there anyway to launch pastamode on emunand?
You need pasta mode if you need signature checks patch over sysnand (meaning if you want to install or run cia on sysnand). Emunand already starts with signature checks patched, so you should be good to install cia right after emunand was loaded. But there was bug that you couldn't install cia to sysnand using FBI from homebrew launcher. The only workaround was to install fbi.cia into sysnand (using fbi from hbl on top of pasta mode) and then create emunand based on this (to have fbi.cia preinstalled on emunand).

Reactions: s-arash

s-arash

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You need pasta mode if you need signature checks patch over sysnand (meaning if you want to install or run cia on sysnand). Emunand already starts with signature checks patched, so you should be good to install cia right after emunand was loaded. But there was bug that you couldn't install cia to sysnand using FBI from homebrew launcher. The only workaround was to install fbi.cia into sysnand (using fbi from hbl on top of pasta mode) and then create emunand based on this (to have fbi.cia preinstalled on emunand).
so there's no way that i can install fbi on my emunand on n3ds right now?

Pacman`

Trophies
XP
Country
Here's a compiled version of a nightly from Jan 3 (rxTools_2016-01-03.895bf35).
Tested on my O3DS with emuNAND RX-E 10.3.0-28U

http://filetrip.net/dl?WO04tgZSsS

Note: The very latest one (Merge pull request #336 from 173210/master AlbertoSONIC committed a day ago 16ac215) does NOT work. I got a blackscreen (tried twice to install it).

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico

Pacman`

Trophies
XP
Country
Any noticeable difference between the December 5th build and Jan 3rd?
I did compile rxTools_2015-12-05.a08cfdd too and, frankly, I didn't notice anything different for ME. I just get bored and compile and test :rofl2:

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

How do I upgrade rxtool?
Simply overwrite the files?
You do it the old fashioned way (put firm folder into the rxtools one I provided, rename your older one to whatever, and copy rxtools to root of your SD card)

qwaker666

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
I did compile rxTools_2015-12-05.a08cfdd too and, frankly, I didn't notice anything different for ME. I just get bored and compile and test :rofl2:

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

You do it the old fashioned way (put firm folder into the rxtools one I provided, rename your older one to whatever, and copy rxtools to root of your SD card)
Like this?
I did downgrade an hour ago, and have a lot of stupid questions about rxtools and etc

Attachments

• ss (2016-01-07 at 12.12.57).png
    ss (2016-01-07 at 12.12.57).png
    1.9 KB · Views: 265

Pacman`

Trophies
XP
Country
Like this?
I did downgrade an hour ago, and have a lot of stupid questions about rxtools and etc
Yep, just copy that rxTools folder into the root of the SD card.
You will need an entrypoint of course (I use the MSET method) and your emunand needs to be already on your SD card

You will see an installation screen with little squares filling up, after which you will be asked to press any button to start rxTools and bring you to the homescreen.

The next time you start rxTools, hold the L shoulder pad key to boot into the rxTools menu.
To use Pasta DevMode, go into the Advanced menu. It's in there.
To use rxTools as it should be used (in emunand), press Y to go into rxmode.
To use rxTools in sysnand, press X to go into sysnand rxmode.

If you want to boot into the emunand instead (as most of us do), don't press any key and wait for the emunand homescreen to appear.

To distinguish between Sysnand / Emunand, just create a folder SYSNAND when you start your 3DS, and EMUNAND when you jump into rxTools mode.
I also use a different theme to make it more exciting :toot:

Last edited by Pacman`,
Reactions: qwaker666

qwaker666

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
Yep, just copy that rxTools folder into the root of the SD card.
You will need an entrypoint of course (I use the MSET method) and your emunand needs to be already on your SD card

You will see an installation screen with little squares filling up, after which you will be asked to press A to start rxTools.
To use Pasta DevMode, go into the Advanced menu. It's in there.
To use rxTools as it should be used (in emunand), press Y to go into rxmode.
To use rxTools in sysnand, press X to go into sysnand rxmode.

The next time you start rxTools, hold the L shoulder pad key to boot into this same menu.
If you want to boot into the emunand instead (as most of us do), don't press any key and wait for the emunand homescreen to appear.

To distinguish between Sysnand / Emunand, just create a folder SYSNAND when you start your 3DS, and EMUNAND when you jump into rxTools mode.
I also use a different theme to make it more exciting :toot:
Thank you for detailed answer :3

CptPotato

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
keep getting instalation failed, what is the build that everyone uses without a problem?
I'm having the exact same problem as you. No matter what build I try, it ends with "installation failed", and then just boots me into emunand as if it worked. Any solutions?

I'm using CtrBootManager btw, if that means anything. Trying to launch an older build through the Homebrew Launcher just ended up with a black screen.

Last edited by CptPotato,

susanoomon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm currently trying to install the Dec 5th version but I'm having trouble with installing it... I've put the needed files on my sd card like instructed and went to install it but after it was done instead of it saying to press a to go to the rxmode menu it just said press any button... Now I can't get past that part to finish the installation... Help please

Reactions: cearp

Job Moody

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys i'm trying to install Rxtools but i cant get it to work, Can anyone help me?
If you could PM me a link to a fully complete on (O3ds 9.2) that would be great.

I'm currently trying to install the Dec 5th version but I'm having trouble with installing it... I've put the needed files on my sd card like instructed and went to install it but after it was done instead of it saying to press a to go to the rxmode menu it just said press any button... Now I can't get past that part to finish the installation... Help please
That happens sometimes just restart it.

Last edited by Job Moody,

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
That happens sometimes just restart it.
Hey guys im trying to install Rxtools but i cant get it to work, Can anyone help me?
are you serious? or is this a misunderstanding :)
he said he can't get installation to finish. you said just restart it.
and then you say you can't install it either...
?

(or me it also gets stuck on installing lol)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Is it safe to update a modded ps3? Can I play online in pirated games? (with ps3hen either...