Hacking [Release] rxTools - Roxas75 3DS Toolkit [fw 2.0 - 9.2]

Status
Not open for further replies.

shadowofdarkness

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Has anyone ran into a issue with doing a first boot (data install) of rxTools using themehax? I had everything working great and decided to update to a personal
current git compile on my o3ds.

After starting with a fresh rxTools directory themehax wouldn't boot into rxTools and just got stuck at a black screen before the rxTools splash even came up, consistently and I tried over a dozen times.

Finally as a backup method I used the mset entry point and it worked finishing the the install.

After that themehax went back to working great and booting successfully.

Am I right to assume that themehax is not compatible with the one time data installation first boot of a fresh rxTools directory?

Like I said it works now so I don't have to fix anything but I'm just curious if that is normal.

bobmcjr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't seem to inject FBI on a friend's 4.5 USA o3ds using MSET to load rxTools. rxTools can't seem to agree on what version of Health and Safety is installed. rxTools 2.6 thinks that I have v1026 while rxTools 3.0 thinks that I have v2051. Both claim to have injected FBI successfully but the H&S app is still H&S. According to a reddit post, apparently FBI injection doesn't work on 4.X emunand, only 9.X+. Is this correct? Additionally, the three black icons appeared on the emunand's homescreen. One launches to system transfer, one launches to a black screen immediately, and the other hangs on the 3ds loading screen forever.

I do not want to play around with the manual WinImage method of injecting FBI so I guess I'll use PBT to install FBI to sysnand and hope that rxTools' FBI injection actually works for emunand.

m45t3r

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
I can't seem to inject FBI on a friend's 4.5 USA o3ds using MSET to load rxTools. rxTools can't seem to agree on what version of Health and Safety is installed. rxTools 2.6 thinks that I have v1026 while rxTools 3.0 thinks that I have v2051. Both claim to have injected FBI successfully but the H&S app is still H&S. According to a reddit post, apparently FBI injection doesn't work on 4.X emunand, only 9.X+. Is this correct? Additionally, the three black icons appeared on the emunand's homescreen. One launches to system transfer, one launches to a black screen immediately, and the other hangs on the 3ds loading screen forever.

I do not want to play around with the manual WinImage method of injecting FBI so I guess I'll use PBT to install FBI to sysnand and hope that rxTools' FBI injection actually works for emunand.

Did he downgraded the firmware using Gateway? Because if so, this is a known problem, some 3DSes downgraded using Gateway does not seem to inject FBI (I actually had the same problem).

I resolved this problem restoring my image from 9.x. Another option would be to use FBI.3dsx. Use browserhax (or any other hax) to boot Homebrew Launcher in emuNAND, load FBI.3dsx, and install FBI.cia from there.

Reactions: bobmcjr

DjoeN

Captain Haddock!
Trophies
Website
djoen.dommel.be
XP
Country
Belgium
Has anyone ran into a issue with doing a first boot (data install) of rxTools using themehax? I had everything working great and decided to update to a personal
current git compile on my o3ds.

After starting with a fresh rxTools directory themehax wouldn't boot into rxTools and just got stuck at a black screen before the rxTools splash even came up, consistently and I tried over a dozen times.

Finally as a backup method I used the mset entry point and it worked finishing the the install.

After that themehax went back to working great and booting successfully.

Am I right to assume that themehax is not compatible with the one time data installation first boot of a fresh rxTools directory?

Like I said it works now so I don't have to fix anything but I'm just curious if that is normal.
Well it worked here with MenuHax 2.0 and latest rxTools Nightly.
Removed the rxTools data dir on the sd (doing a fresh rxTools install) and it made the files and booted fine.

bobmcjr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did he downgraded the firmware using Gateway? Because if so, this is a known problem, some 3DSes downgraded using Gateway does not seem to inject FBI (I actually had the same problem).

I resolved this problem restoring my image from 9.x. Another option would be to use FBI.3dsx. Use browserhax (or any other hax) to boot Homebrew Launcher in emuNAND, load FBI.3dsx, and install FBI.cia from there.
Yeah, it was downgraded with gateway. I believe it was actually on 6.X, and I noticed rxTools had some 6.X options. If I restored to 6.X, would I be able to just use 6.X as is? And I suppose I could downgrade mset to 4.X if necessary.

shadowofdarkness

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well it worked here with MenuHax 2.0 and latest rxTools Nightly.
Removed the rxTools data dir on the sd (doing a fresh rxTools install) and it made the files and booted fine.

It must of been a fluke problem for my system then, oh well it works now. That is all that matters.

luca58

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi,
I would like updating my rxTools 2.5 to version 3.0,but i don't understand this:
I must removed the file rxTools.dat or i have renamed it?
I have removed it,replaced rxTools with a new version,moved firmware.bin to rxTools/sys,but when i start the browser i have a error message.
I used the link http://dukesrg.github.io/?rxTools/sys/code.bin
Can you explain me which is the correct way to update to version 3.0?
thank you very much!

PrisnaZero

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi,
I would like updating my rxTools 2.5 to version 3.0,but i don't understand this:
I have removed it,replaced rxTools with a new version,moved firmware.bin to rxTools/sys,but when i start the browser i have a error message.
I used the link http://dukesrg.github.io/?rxTools/sys/code.bin
thank you very much!

You also need to replace the rxtools.dat, but otherwise that sounds good. If the browser crashes, clear the cookies/history and try again.

luca58

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Thanks,i have tried a lot of time clearing cookies,history,but nothing.Rxtools doesn't start.
Maybe i wrong something during the installation?
i would like try again to set rxtools 3.0,can you explain the way?

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi,
I have removed it,replaced rxTools with a new version,moved firmware.bin to rxTools/sys
<snip>
thank you very much!
You really need to specify WHICH 3.0 build you're trying to use. Don't know about the current one, but many 3.0 beta builds don't use rxtools.dat at all, and you need to delete it. The latest doesn't even use firmware.bin. You need to run the .py script to download 3 files into a /firm folder and place that folder into /rxtools.

In short, nobody can help you unless you explain what system/firmware you're using AND which rxtools build you're trying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: This parrot is no more it has ceased to be!