173210.github.io
XP
Country

Earth97

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
In the guide a user posted some pages ago, the "Dump NAND" function is mentioned. I recall it didn't work some weeks ago (it created corrupted NAND.bin files), was it fixed?

Last edited by Earth97,

Darktalon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am having issues getting certain .cia's to run.

I am on New 3DS Australian 9.0, 9.5 Emunand, Oct 2nd rxTools. Using USA region .cias converted to region free.
Majora's Mask: Opens, gets to skullkid icon, freezes.
Codename: Steam: Infinite 3DS loading screen
Chibi Robo: Infinite 3DS loading screen
Tomodachi Life: Blackscreen freeze
Paper Mario Sticker Star: Blackscreen error has occured message

mlinares

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Last edited by mlinares,

nastys

ナースティス
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
@nastys @WhoAmI?
Finished GDocs Manual port, i had to cut some images to fit GDocs template, also some things are really delicate to change. Also i updated ThemeHax install section with ThemeHax 2.0
I'm really a noob with GDocs :lol:
Did you know how to align the page numbers of Content Table, in GDocs they are misaligned. I tried to fix it but nothing works:wacko:
Here is the link:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1vLSLAvFW_4UekzJnKCjz_ce7AWYmjp5Cq2LxfQ9cDr0/edit?usp=sharing
Thank you :lol:
I'm sorry, I don't know how to fix it... also the odt file generated by GDocs is not what I expected, but it's OK, as long as it's possible to edit it from Google Drive ;)
I wonder if there's a format that supports multiple languages in the same file, with the same images...

Reactions: mlinares

Earth97

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
In the guide a user posted some pages ago, the "Dump NAND" function is mentioned. I recall it didn't work some weeks ago (it created corrupted NAND.bin files), was it fixed?
I think this is very important. @AlbertoSONIC could you give me an answer?
@mlinares thank you for your manual, it's great! Have you already tried to dump your console's NAND via rxTools?

Last edited by Earth97,

Earth97

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Thank you for your answer. So, the "Format emuNAND" part of the manual is not utterly reliable, is it?

mlinares

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
@AlbertoSONIC
I think that fixing NAND Dumper should be a priority, it would allow to format emuNAND without relying Gateway Software.
I think this is very important. @AlbertoSONIC could you give me an answer?
@mlinares thank you for your manual, it's great! Have you already tried to dump your console's NAND via rxTools?
i didn't tested because i don't have a hardmod, really scares me bricking my 3DS, because here on Venezuela it's really hard find anyone who hardmod 3DS
Thank you for your answer. So, the "Format emuNAND" part of the manual is not utterly reliable, is it?
By the moment not, i wrote this part when NAND Dumper works, maybe i have to add a warning on this part.

Reactions: Earth97

bache

Trophies
XP
Country
@AlbertoSONIC
I think that fixing NAND Dumper should be a priority, it would allow to format emuNAND without relying Gateway Software.

i didn't tested because i don't have a hardmod, really scares me bricking my 3DS, because here on Venezuela it's really hard find anyone who hardmod 3DS

By the moment not, i wrote this part when NAND Dumper works, maybe i have to add a warning on this part.

We don't need to rely on Gateway as it is. The guide you've posted details how to create an emunand using your PC.

Earth97

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
@AlbertoSONIC

I see.
I think so, the NAND Dumper is what we need to definitively do without Gateway's software. It's not a big deal, but with a blocked browser and an Old3DS on 9.2, a fallback that works with ThemeHax is absolutely necessary.

I suggest that you add a note to your manual.

Reactions: mlinares

mlinares

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
I see.
I think so, the NAND Dumper is what we need to definitively do without Gateway's software. It's not a big deal, but with a blocked browser and an Old3DS on 9.2, a fallback that works with ThemeHax is absolutely necessary.

I suggest that you add a note to your manual.
Yes i will put a note on the manual, i'll update the google docs one.

tivu100

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just notice during setting up MenuHax 2.0 Custom Main-Screen Image, there's distorted colors to the left of of the top screen right after rxTools boot screen went off. If I were not mistaken, hax 2.1 doesn't has this problem (or I didn't notice at that time).

Lastest nightly build on O3DSXL 9.2.

Last edited by tivu100,

justinkb

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
If nand dump once worked, but doesn't any longer, shouldn't a fix be pretty easy? Git bisect to find whatever broke it and fix it up?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I renewed your wife