Hacking [Release] rxTools - Roxas75 3DS Toolkit [fw 2.0 - 9.2]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Squallb

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Just to make sure: yours is a O3DS? N3DS only support 9.5 EMUNAND.

If O3DS, I don't think it's the memory card. I installed EMUNAND for a friend on stock 4GB memory card, works just fine. I even re-created EMUNAND (after I asked if there is a way to format setting setting on EMUNAND if @Shadow#1 can remmeber) just couple days ago and updated to 10.2 just fine.

That's being said, try with other SD card.

By any chance, your NANDs are linked? If so, you need to unlink the NANDs if you want EMUNAND on a different firmware from SYSNAND; and booting using Themehax.

Yes I am on O3DS xl. May I ask which version of rxtool and GW ultra did you use? Could it be possible that it has something to do with the files I used? Before I try it on a different SD card, I would like to know which rxtool and GW ultra should I use for my 6.x O3DS.

Thank you very much.

tivu100

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I used Gateway Utra 3.4.1 and rxTools nightly rxTools_10-02-15_19-07.9f48bb8 . SYSNAND 9.2.0 and EMUNAND 10.2 unlinked, booting into rxTools using Themehax. At the time of updating to 10.2 on EMUNAND (after copy back SD card back up when new EMNUNAND was created), free space on the card is around 500MB (a little more than 500MB but not much).

Last edited by tivu100,

Squallb

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Utra 3.4.1
I used Gateway Utra 3.4.1 and rxTools nightly rxTools_10-02-15_19-07.9f48bb8 . SYSNAND 9.2.0 and EMUNAND 10.2 unlinked, booting into rxTools using Themehax. At the time of updating to 10.2 on EMUNAND, free space on the card is around 500MB (a little more than 500MB but not much).

Weird coz I'm using the same file versions.. What was your friend's firmware and how long did it take you to update to 10.2?

tivu100

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Weird coz I'm using the same file versions.. What was your friend's firmware and how long did it take you to update to 10.2?
Less than 5 minutes to update from 9.2 to 10.2 on EMUNAND.

I updated through System Settings menu. Heard that update using update download during lid-closing period doesn't work/causes error on EMUNAND

Last edited by tivu100,

Squallb

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Less than 5 minutes to update from 9.2 to 10.2 on EMUNAND.

I updated through System Settings menu. Heard that update using update download during lid-closing period doesn't work/causes error on EMUNAND

Is there a way to manual update my 6.x sysnand to 9.2? I am also thinking that jumping from 6.x to 10.2 is causing the issue..

tivu100

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: Margen67

Squallb

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Reactions: Margen67

Yoshimashin

Penguin Spy
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I've been trying to get the MSET thing to work for awhile now, and decided to give it another shot tonight.

This time around I was able to get the DS Profile to try to load something, but ends up giving me an error and reboots the system. I am on O3dSXL on sysnand 9.0. I ran the downgrader to 6 in RxTools and ran the URL for the spider MSET hack. I am not sure why this isn't working.

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I've been trying to get the MSET thing to work for awhile now, and decided to give it another shot tonight.

This time around I was able to get the DS Profile to try to load something, but ends up giving me an error and reboots the system. I am on O3dSXL on sysnand 9.0. I ran the downgrader to 6 in RxTools and ran the URL for the spider MSET hack. I am not sure why this isn't working.

6.x is for 2ds only

Drak0rex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Last edited by Drak0rex,

tivu100

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I suggest you downgrade MSET to 4.x (I know it sucks). When I installed CFW on O3DSXL for certain friend, his O3DS is weird: 1. at 4.x, can't use rxTools FBI injection 2. at 9.2 can't boot HBL through browserhax in Pasta CFW mode, while browserhax boots just fine in normal mode 3. Same as yours, can't get 6.x MSET exploit to work (tried when it was 6.x and 9.2),while other friends' O3DS works just fine. Ended up downgrade to 4.x MSET for sometimes before themehax is introduced. This O3DSXL is a freak of its kind! (perhaps yours is another one)

Last edited by tivu100,
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/BiY0vNuu1eg?si=0nwmSHWeLkfcJJ__