duwen

Old Man Toad
Trophies
Website
www.exophase.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If sysnand is above 7.x, you do not need slot25keyX, and there is no reason not to upgrade to 9.2 (removing MSET from your upgrade files, of course).

The tutorials either need a section for, or a link to, another tutorial for people with no browser installed. Of course the easiest way would be to use someone else's 3DS with an exploitable browser on it (to install Ninjhax), but not everyone knows people in the same neighborhood that falls into that category.
My o3ds was on fw 2.x when I got it brand new (fairly recently). I used a retail cartridge to update to 4.4.0-4E, and somehow I've got the browser. I didn't have to do anything else to get it, and until reading a few threads more recently I wasn't even aware that I technically shouldn't have a browser.

gothicall

Blah blah blah!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
I know what the problem is. It's ImageMagick. It must've generated the font wrong. You can fix this by using a font.bin from a nightly that's from about a week or two ago, before we moved to using a Raspberry Pi. Alternatively, you can use the nightly from my Dropbox, as that was built using Windows :)
Thank you so much, it worked, you're the best. :yaynds:

SatanicSaint

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
India
I have some questions I need clearing up. I have put rxtools 3 on my sysnand 9.2 3DS. I'm on emunand 10.1.
1. Can I play games online?
2. Can I play .cia from another region?
3. Can i access the eshop? Do I need to use freemultipatcher? I downloaded it but I'm still getting errors.
4. Can I install a cia update or a cia DLC over a legit bought game.

Please and Thank you.

Kurt91

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay. So, this should be fine if I just want the absolute basics (Signature Patching + CIA Installation), with a more consistent startup than my current version of Pasta? I don't really need all the extra stuff, although being able to set up the MSET loading would be nice as well. Ninjhax is pretty slow.

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have some questions I need clearing up. I have put rxtools 3 on my sysnand 9.2 3DS. I'm on emunand 10.1.
1. Can I play games online?
2. Can I play .cia from another region?
3. Can i access the eshop? Do I need to use freemultipatcher? I downloaded it but I'm still getting errors.
4. Can I install a cia update or a cia DLC over a legit bought game.

Please and Thank you.

1. Yes
2. Yes
3. Yes, No meed to use that app
4. Yes

srwgin

Trophies
XP
Country
China
I get a O3DS FW6.2-10J,emuFW9.8.0-10J
I try to use rxtools inject FBI,it said success
but when I lanuch and run h&s it is not fbi it is h&s = =
what is the problem
p.s. I use Latest NIGHTLY BUILDS rxTools

Earth97

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Maybe you injected it in emuNAND's FBI/the other way round. It worked for me (on my Old3DS, in the new post I'm referring to a 2DS)

srwgin

Trophies
XP
Country
China
use old way solve the problem
dump emunand,dump nand.fat16.xorpad,then get nand_fat16dec.img
I find title\000400010\00020300\content\
2 different app there then I change all
after inject new emunand FBI work in emu

samiam144

Régulier
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Alright guys, I finally came across the "black box icon" bug in RXMODE SysNAND, and I sure as hell didn't install anything to the wrong destination (3DS & GBA to nand, DSi to SD, etc.)

Only happened when I updated to the Sept. 17 build, coming from the beta7 build.

Hope that helps!

EDIT
Some more info:
There are 3 black box icons
I have 2 GBA games installed to Sysnand, SD.
I've had 1 other GBA game installed that didn't work, so I deleted it.

Maybe something to do with GBA games or AGB_FIRM in general? (Mine is patched).

I also have FBI, devmenu, and SDF installed to sysnand.

Black boxes do NOT appear in Gateway sysnand.

Last edited by samiam144,
Reactions: Zidapi

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay. So, this should be fine if I just want the absolute basics (Signature Patching + CIA Installation), with a more consistent startup than my current version of Pasta? I don't really need all the extra stuff, although being able to set up the MSET loading would be nice as well. Ninjhax is pretty slow.
Just grab the .CIA version of MSET, delete MSET with FBI (destination: NAND MODE: Delete Title) then install the older MSET. Then, the latest FBI version itself can actually install the rop. If you don't have a gateway to use the latest FBI with (1.4.14), then install the .cia of that to your sysnand. If you'd rather stick to the injected, older one, you can just delete the .cia after you've installed the rop chain. It would be a pain though since the rop chain has to be re-installed any time you run a DS game and such...

My o3ds was on fw 2.x when I got it brand new (fairly recently). I used a retail cartridge to update to 4.4.0-4E, and somehow I've got the browser. I didn't have to do anything else to get it, and until reading a few threads more recently I wasn't even aware that I technically shouldn't have a browser.
I read some similar strangeness in the past with someone's console. The sad truth is that it was actually used. Even if you bought it new, at some point a store employee opened it, played with it, then put it back in the box after running the system format. Of course, that wouldn't be plausible if this console had a bundled game... If it did, were you required to go through the setup process when you first turned it on?

Last edited by urherenow,

MelonGx

Trophies
XP
Country
China
use old way solve the problem
dump emunand,dump nand.fat16.xorpad,then get nand_fat16dec.img
I find title\000400010\00020300\content\
2 different app there then I change all
after inject new emunand FBI work in emu
If your SysNAND is Gateway Downgraded, you probably need the manual FBI injection you mentioned above.
Because Gateway Downgrade messes up the H&C and makes FBI injection preset files incompatible even in correct TMD version.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll reformat and have a 3tb raid0 m. 2 at least
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lmao that sold out fast
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeet the cat.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Good idea
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i thought everybody knew cocktails are like 75% ice
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah but not like this.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not like they're complaining that their Slurpee is 99% ice or something, but if the cocktail calls for "shot of vodka, shot of vermouth, shot of gin, shot of Campari, three shots of juice, squirt of lemon" and ends up being a thimbleful of booze, that's a problem.
    the funny thing is cocktails in norway are only allowed to have 1 20ml shot of booze
    so..... yeah
    we're used to only having a thimbleful of booze
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Booo.
    same thing if you want whisky on the rocks or something, you can't get a double
    but you could buy as many shots of whisky (or anything else) as you want and ask for a glass of ice and pour them in
    it's dumb
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Maybe.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There was a comparison of the number of Ibuprofen poisonings before and after they limited the maximum dosage per box or per pill (i'll look that up). No limit on the number of boxes you can still buy as many as you want, so people argued it was pointless.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    But the number of (accidental) poisonings dropped because drinking an entire package of ibuprofen pills went from "I need a new liver" to "I need a new box of Ibuprofen".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Here we have ketoprofen that used to be prescription-only because of the risk of toxic dosages, but then they halved the dose per pill and sell them in bottles of six pills apiece instead of twenty and it doesn't need a prescription any more. Yes you can buy more than one bottle but people simply don't.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Usually accidentally overdose of ibuprofen here is from people taking like cold medicine then ibuprofen for a headache and the combination is over what they need
    Veho @ Veho: https://imgur.com/gallery/QQkYnQu