Trophies
XP
Country
Italy

ironmaster49

Trophies
XP
Country
That's for ARMv7 CPUs, and he's already built it from source anyway.
He said it was a bit old, his rpi dpkg output said his architecture was armhf not armel, this may be a better version than the one he built from source because he said the source version was a bit old but maybe the debian one is too as its from debian stable

nastys

ナースティス
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
He said it was a bit old, his rpi dpkg output said his architecture was armhf not armel, this may be a better version than the one he built from source because he said the source version was a bit old but maybe the debian one is too as its from debian stable
The source code is the latest, it was actually a typo in rxTools's readme.

Stellar

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
For people still using 2.6, is there a reason to update? Should I wait for a stable release instead? Is the latest firmware working on emunand for 2.6 still? I'm still on 9.9 emunand.

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For people still using 2.6, is there a reason to update? Should I wait for a stable release instead? Is the latest firmware working on emunand for 2.6 still? I'm still on 9.9 emunand.
Update to latest rxTools lots of fixs and 10.1 works on the latest nightly

Reactions: Margen67

Cavioe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Please, i still cannot insert these ribbon cables. How am i being an asshat if i can't do something, just whats the best way to get them in

Can you post a picture and then explain how you are trying to insert them. I checked the ifixit site and it seems simple enough. It is just a slide in and lock clip.

Reactions: Zidapi

Madridi

Card Collector
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
So the preferred beta to use now is the latest nightly instead of beta 8?

If yes, can someone link me to it?

Thanks!

Huxley

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Hi, I need some help, I installed the last nightly from WhoAmI on my N3DS 9.0.20 with downgraded mset 4.x. I downloaded the fw.bin and the keys.bin too. I installed the rop with the 4.X NDG option and then I ran the exploit. But now I'm stuck on the installation data suite, 15min have passed and I'm still waiting :s

Did I skip any step? :(

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if you're on 9.x, use the 6.x mset.

Actually, if you're that far, never mind. Are you on O3DS or N3ds? You may either have the wrong firmware.bin or just have it in the wrong place.

Last edited by urherenow,

Huxley

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
if you're on 9.x, use the 6.x mset.

Actually, if you're that far, never mind. Are you on O3DS or N3ds? You may either have the wrong firmware.bin or just have it in the wrong place.
I have a New3DS, I used the py script to download the firmware.bin, and then I placed it in the rxtools/sys/ folder.

Edit: I forgot to copy the firmware.bin form reinand to rxtools/data/. After I placed it there, I renamed it and rann rxtools, but I get stuck on the installation data suite again, then I erase the firmware.bin from the sys folder and rxtools installation shows me an error, then it says the "Failed to load NATIVE_FIRM: 4 reboot rxtools and try again" :S

Last edited by Huxley,

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a New3DS, I used the py script to download the firmware.bin, and then I placed it in the rxtools/sys/ folder.

Edit: I forgot to copy the firmware.bin form reinand to rxtools/data/. After I placed it there I renamed it and run rxtools, but I get stuck on the installation data suite again, then I erase the firmware.bin from the sys folder and rxtools installation shows me an error, then it says the "Failed to load NATIVE_FIRM: 4 reboot rxtools and try again" :S
exactly. You have the wrong firmware.bin. The python script downloads the one for O3DS, first of all. Second, the data installation will always fail on N3DS at the moment, but with the correct one, you will have the option of skipping that step.

For N3DS, you need to grab the firmware.bin from reinand (964kb in size) place it in data, renaming it to 0004013820000002orig.bin.

Edit: oh, wait. Maybe they took the "orig" part out again. Name it 0004013820000002.bin.

Last edited by urherenow,
Reactions: Huxley

Huxley

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
exactly. You have the wrong firmware.bin. The python script downloads the one for O3DS, first of all. Second, the data installation will always fail on N3DS at the moment, but with the correct one, you will have the option of skipping that step.

For N3DS, you need to grab the firmware.bin from reinand (964kb in size) place it in data, renaming it to 0004013820000002orig.bin.

Edit: oh, wait. Maybe they took the "orig" part out again. Name it 0004013820000002.bin.
It worked!!! Despite the installation error, I'm running my emunand through rxtools now :) I needed to rename it 0004013820000002orig.bin
I don't know why the readme says to rename it just 0004013820000002.bin, That's odd.

Thanks so much! :)

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Please, i still cannot insert these ribbon cables. How am i being an asshat if i can't do something, just whats the best way to get them in
wrong thread for this. Take a pic, edit it with mspaint (circle it, if it's not obvious which cable you're talking about. I've taken O3DSXL and N3DSXL apart many times, but never disconnected the mic (I think)), and PM me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto