Status
Not open for further replies.

gio27

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hi,i have a problem, i use the 2.5.2 in a emunand eur but now the problem is that all programs they duplicates, somebody have the same problem?

zero2exe

Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
hi,i have a problem, i use the 2.5.2 in a emunand eur but now the problem is that all programs they duplicates, somebody have the same problem?
US native firmware + EUR Emunand I take? I think that's normal when you do that.

Gadorach

Electronics Engineering Technologist
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Proper region free looks at the game's exheader, determines the region it's meant for, and tells the game that it's the region that it's looking for. This implementation appears to be a more simple patching of the system menu to ignore the region and boot the game to the default system region. Hopefully Roxas will figure out how to do it properly in the coming updates. In the mean time, it's a very good step in the right direction.

happydance

Trophies
XP
Country
seems we have to wait until some bugs are ironed out, but I'm still willing to test!

can the FBI injector option... like dump/make a backup of the H&S app before injecting the FBI app? just incase, so you could revert back, especially on sysnand

since you can't reinstall the app it once done, or a tool to download the original H&S .app from NUS

Reactions: Madridi

sion_zaphod

Ex-Galactic President; confidence trickster; etc
Trophies
XP
Country
I think you're supposed to launch Rxmode in Sysnand Mode (by pressing X while loading) for FBI to work out off your sysnand. Also you should try launching Devmode before trying out GBA/DSi games.
I think you've missed the point or I have worded it incorrectly:-
Is it possible to use H/S app to load FBI after injecting without going into rxmode and without opening the web browser and using the rxTools address to intitiate the exploit. In other words can the injected H/S work in normal system nand?

Roxas75

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
My goal in these days is now to make the fbi and mset operation the more perfect i can, with a backup utility.
I also have a cool idea for agb and twl firm, that probably will involve the installation of rxtools data in the nand.
This will actually speed up some processes and make the cfw configurable.
It is something i'll work on and that will do a big progress for the project.

zero2exe

Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
My goal in these days is now to make the fbi and mset operation the more perfect i can, with a backup utility.
I also have a cool idea for agb and twl firm, that probably will involve the installation of rxtools data in the nand.
This will actually speed up some processes and make the cfw configurable.
It is something i'll work on and that will do a big progress for the project.
Regarding the FBI injection did you see this already?
http://gbatemp.net/threads/release-...ect-generator-jpn-usa-eur-chn-kor-twn.391525/

Reactions: kactusss

Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
Sudokohax via legit copy of Sudoko is the best way to resintall MSET rop. FBI has it now? Great. One problem. You have to boot into CFW to use it.

Sudoko is still available on eShop. Of coarse you have to replace the installed title on TWL with the older one and replace it's save file with the one with the sudokohax payload. It's possible to do this by buying the game while in 4.x FW using the modified multi-tool decrypter toolset that had TWL game/save injection.

Then exporting Sudoko to SD using Data Management (the save is packaged with it in a single file that is encrypted. It goes to a specific folder in your Nintendo 3DS/ID0/ID1 location and depends on your movable.sed seed. So to transfer it up to a newer fw, you have to make sure you are still using the same movable.sed seed before you can import it later). Then updating the console to 9.2 using CIA/sysupdater (Updating/downgrading only needed if you don't plan to stay on 4.x. If MSET rop for 9.x becomes available then you would do the update/downgrade steps. Otherwise, you can skip the downgrade/update steps. You still need to backup sysnand before installing CIA of Sudoku though!).

If you couldn't buy the game on 4.x you could install it as CIA. Then use a NAND backup to restore to 9.2 (as you shouldn't keep the 4.x sysnand with the CIA as it now has a bad ticket for the game you probably can't remove) buy the game from eShop and then use Data Management to import the exploited version. Unlike the DSi, there is no exploit detection for Suduko when importing the app.

Of coarse this process would be a lot easier if rxTools had TWL partition import/dumping ability. Or at the least the ability to inject a TWL app over an existing one like the older 4.x void's multi-toolset could do. There's a couple apps you can replace that are already on the system. The "DS Internet" app which is the DS Wifi config menu.

Technically you could use a flashcart with a game that has this menu to configure wifi for DS titles so it's only needed if you had wanted to do it from System Settings where it's normally used. If you inject it over that. You can get to Sudokuhax using System Settings. Exiting the game would bring you back to System Settings where you can use the profile exploit immediately (although I have not actually attempted this, so it's possible the "rebooting back into System Settings" was something only DS INTERNET app does. Perhaps someone on 4.x can inject Sudoku over it and tell us for sure). So that would actually be the most convenient method. It would mean having to setup Wifi using a DS game. But DS internet services are discontinued so many people may not care about this.

Then there's the DS Download Play app. You'd lose the ability using certain local multiplayer games like Mario 64 though. There might not be as big a benifit to replacing this one. If those two aren't desirable. There is a free DSi app you can get from eShop. It's some sports related app that only works in Seattle or something. I forget it's name and it's pretty useless. (just Search eShop for DSiWare using sort by price/free titles filter. It shouldn't be difficult to find if you know how to use eShop's search feature) So it's the perfect candidate if you are too cheap to actually buy Sudoko or murder one of the two built-in DSi titles. :P

So yeah. TWL injection would be great for MSET ROP reinstall! ;)

Last edited by Apache Thunder,
Reactions: Codename

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
Sudokohax via legit copy of Sudoko is the best way to resintall MSET rop. FBI has it now? Great. One problem. You have to boot into CFW to use it.

Sudoko is still available on eShop. Of coarse you have to replace the installed title on TWL with the older one and replace it's save file with the one with the sudokohax payload. It's possible to do this by buying the game while in 4.x FW using the modified multi-tool decrypter toolset that had TWL game/save injection. Then exporting Sudoko to SD using Data Management. Then updating the console to 9.2 using CIA/sysupdater. If you couldn't buy the game on 4.x you could install it has CIA. Then use a NAND backup to restore to 9.2 (as you shouldn't keep the 4.x sysnand with the CIA as it now has a bad ticket for the game you probably can't remove) buy the game rom eShop and then use Data Management to import the exploited version. Unlike the DSi, there is no exploit detection for Suduko when importing the app.

Of coarse this process would be a lot easier if rxTools had TWL partition import/dumping ability. Or at the least the ability to inject a TWL app over an existing one like the older 4.x toolset could do. There's a couple apps you can replace that are already on the system. The "DS Internet" app which is the DS Wifi config menu. Technically you could use a flashcart with a game that has this menu to configure wifi for DS titles so it's only needed if you had wanted to do it from System Settings where it's normally used. If you inject it over that. You can get to Sudokuhax using System Settings. Exiting the game would bring you back to System Settings where you can use the profile exploit immediately (although I have not actually attempted this, so it's possible the "rebooting back into System Settings" was something only DS INTERNET app does. Perhaps someone on 4.x can inject Sudoku over it and tell us for sure). So that would actually be the most convenient method. It would mean having to setup Wifi using a DS game. But DS internet services are discontinued so many people may not care about this.

Then there's the DS Download Play app. You'd lose the ability using certain local multiplayer games like Mario 64 though. There might not be as big a benifit to replacing this one. If those two aren't desirable. There is a free DSi app you can get from eShop. It's some sports related app that only works in Seattle or something. I forget it's name and it's pretty useless. So it's the perfact candidate if you are too cheap to actually buy Sudoko. :P

Yep it's possible to install over the download play app. :P
Problem is, you need to add a data folder alongside it for the s-hax save.
oh btw, anybody notice there's process9 file functions in rxtools? :D

Apache Thunder

Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
Yep it's possible to install over the download play app. :P
Problem is, you need to add a data folder alongside it for the s-hax save.
oh btw, anybody notice there's process9 file functions in rxtools? :D

Does it return to System Settings after you exit it even after replacing it with a different app?

Apache Thunder

Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
I don't think so. I think you're confusing the wifi settings app, which is in mset, with ds download play - which is on the home menu.

No I think you're confused on which one I meant. I asked you about DS Internet (as it appears in FBI). The DS Wifi app is booted from System Settings when you go to configure DS Wifi. I'm pretty sure System Settings perhaps setups a flag in MPU or something along those lines to tell TWL to boot a certain app after it exits (or it may be native_firm that does this on boot instead). If that's the case. Overwriting DS Internet with Sudokuhax would mean being able to use MSET rop installer (just rename the nds file to "boot.nds" and sudokohax will boot it directly) then exiting right back into System Settings where you can then use DS Profile exploit.

DS Download Play would either go back to Home Menu or the Download Play app from which it was booted. I never said it would take you to System Settings, so not sure where you got that idea. :P

EDIT: I saw in your post you mentioned the download play app. Why did you mention that? I was originally asking about DS Internet. So it's your fault I got confused. I could care less what DS Download Play does when it exits. :P

DarkMatterCore

Finding my light.
Developer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Spain

I *think* I can help you with that. I already had a modified version of the SafetyInject application made by zoogie compatible with the CHN, KOR & TWN regions, that backups the NAND files and checks the SHA-256 hashes in the TMD.

11393403_10207200199267332_4085839131833417128_o.jpg

It also gets the console region from the SecureInfo_A file to read/write data directly from the appropiate directory in the NAND. It falls back to the SecureInfo_B file if the SecureInfo_A isn't found (some consoles have swapped filenames).

The error is shown on purpose to show the functionality of the SHA-256 hash verification feature.

Last edited by DarkMatterCore,

powersaver

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There are multiple versions of Sudoko? Is there a tutorial on how to do install the older version of Sudoko? Thx!

Sudoko is still available on eShop. Of coarse you have to replace the installed title on TWL with the older one and replace it's save file with the one with the sudokohax payload. It's possible to do this by buying the game while in 4.x FW using the modified multi-tool decrypter toolset that had TWL game/save injection.

Then exporting Sudoko to SD using Data Management (the save is packaged with it in a single file that is encrypted. It goes to a specific folder in your Nintendo 3DS/ID0/ID1 location and depends on your movable.sed seed. So to transfer it up to a newer fw, you have to make sure you are still using the same movable.sed seed before you can import it later). Then updating the console to 9.2 using CIA/sysupdater. If you couldn't buy the game on 4.x you could install it as CIA. Then use a NAND backup to restore to 9.2 (as you shouldn't keep the 4.x sysnand with the CIA as it now has a bad ticket for the game you probably can't remove) buy the game from eShop and then use Data Management to import the exploited version. Unlike the DSi, there is no exploit detection for Suduko when importing the app.

Of coarse this process would be a lot easier if rxTools had TWL partition import/dumping ability. Or at the least the ability to inject a TWL app over an existing one like the older 4.x void's multi-toolset could do. There's a couple apps you can replace that are already on the system. The "DS Internet" app which is the DS Wifi config menu.

Technically you could use a flashcart with a game that has this menu to configure wifi for DS titles so it's only needed if you had wanted to do it from System Settings where it's normally used. If you inject it over that. You can get to Sudokuhax using System Settings. Exiting the game would bring you back to System Settings where you can use the profile exploit immediately (although I have not actually attempted this, so it's possible the "rebooting back into System Settings" was something only DS INTERNET app does. Perhaps someone on 4.x can inject Sudoku over it and tell us for sure). So that would actually be the most convenient method. It would mean having to setup Wifi using a DS game. But DS internet services are discontinued so many people may not care about this.

Then there's the DS Download Play app. You'd lose the ability using certain local multiplayer games like Mario 64 though. There might not be as big a benifit to replacing this one. If those two aren't desirable. There is a free DSi app you can get from eShop. It's some sports related app that only works in Seattle or something. I forget it's name and it's pretty useless. (just Search eShop for DSiWare using sort by price/free titles filter. It shouldn't be difficult to find if you know how to use eShop's search feature) So it's the perfect candidate if you are too cheap to actually buy Sudoko or murder one of the two built-in DSi titles. :P

Apache Thunder

Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
The older version is available on a certain iso site I can't mention. So google is your best friend. Somewhere around here there was a Sudokohax tutorial for 4.x users. Refer to this:

[TUTORIAL] Installing Sudokuhax on 3DS

That provides the things you need to inject a DSi game (Sudoku in this case) along with it's save. However it works only on 4.x as of now. The save is provided. But you'll need to acquire the game from elsewhere. The one from eShop isn't exploitable and really only useful if you decide to buy it and overwrite with the older version. (that way you can buy the game legit and not replace existing DSiWare you may have)

Hopefully rxTools can make something like this more convenient to setup. ;)

happydance

Trophies
XP
Country
I *think* I can help you with that. I already had a modified version of the SafetyInject application made by zoogie compatible with the CHN, KOR & TWN regions, that backups the NAND files and checks the SHA-256 hashes in the TMD.

11393403_10207200199267332_4085839131833417128_o.jpg

It also gets the console region from the SecureInfo_A file to read/write data directly from the appropiate directory in the NAND. It falls back to the SecureInfo_B file if the SecureInfo_A isn't found (some consoles have swapped filenames).

The error is shown on purpose to show the functionality of the SHA-256 hash verification feature.

exactly what I was requesting! great progress guy!

BTW for example the TMD and .app file does not match, is there a way to fix this? since the error means you can't install it.... or you could inject/use a original .app/.tmd file that can be acquired on NUS so you can get past that error.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Ok good chatting, I'm off to the bar, to shoot some pool, nighty night. +1