Status
Not open for further replies.

chaxho

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Now i have fbi on emu and sys nand but if i try to install a cia to sd it failed but if i install as cia to nand it is ok

Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
Can the language packs be snagged individually from the Nintendo servers and manually installed? If so this might work...

The "language packs" are internally stored in the game. So no you can't download them from Nintendo servers. You pretty much have to rebuild the game if you happened to have the missing files. You're better off getting the correct region game.

Pacman`

Trophies
XP
Country
Have you tried using rxinstaller.nds from version 2.5.2?
Should that make any difference?
I used my old ROPInstaller_GWU (Switch between GW, rxTools & Pasta on 4.x O3DS).nds :P

Anyways, your v2.5.2 works for region free on my 9.8 emunand (USA 4.4 / 9.8 O3DS). Tried it on Pazuru EUR.
Congrats

happydance

Trophies
XP
Country
I think the rxinstaller.nds from version 2.5 is broken, rxinstaller.nds from 2.5.2 and 2.4 works fine on my 4.4 US O3ds, tested this just now to confrim

Shadowtrance

Trophies
XP
Country
Something odd with regionfree.
Just thought I'd test it with my sky3ds (EUR console), tested a US game, icon and banner show up fine, press A to start it and a box pops up saying "This Game Card Cannot be used." I get the same with JP games too.
Tried a US cia game (SMTIV), works fine, DLC that's installed isn't recognized though, get an error pop up saying "An error has occurred" "The add-on content could not be recognized". Game loads after press A after the error screen.

mesenkomaha

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am new to this scene so I'm thrilled that I have everything running correctly in the first place. My emunand is updated and I'm able to run roms.

My question is this: what else can be run on emunand? Can I install virtual console titles? DSiware? Am I now region free just by virtue of running the newest rxTools?

Thanks!

sion_zaphod

Ex-Galactic President; confidence trickster; etc
Trophies
XP
Country
Region free does not appear to be working with DSiware cia's. I've tried several USA cia's on my EUR console, the icon and banner show up and so does the title but when you load it black screen and nothing else. I've tried some USA 3DSware and seems to be working ok.

Also can somebody please explain what injecting the H/S app hopes to achieve? I have injected the correct app for my region and after launching the H/S app from in the CFW it loads FBI. But if I try to launch H/S from sysNAND (not CFW) it does not display the banner and I get an error message. I get that this could be useful for users that do not own CubicNinja as a way of getting a CIA installer onto the system but are we also supposed to be able to run FBI by loading the H/S app from outside CFW? Also is there going to be any updates for the Ninjhax launcher of rxTools? That will work on 9.2?

dubbz82

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The "language packs" are internally stored in the game. So no you can't download them from Nintendo servers. You pretty much have to rebuild the game if you happened to have the missing files. You're better off getting the correct region game.

Makes sense. Figured it might be something pulled in from the system, as opposed to content stored on the game...although, if the content IS stored on the game, what is the cause of the freezing, then?

DSoryu

GBA/NDS Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I would suggest that everyone who owns a gateway sell them and donate part of the money to roxas LEL, I'll sell some games I don't need anymore (except Nintendo AAA's, those are part of my personal collection) and donate part of the money :D.

Reactions: SektorZero

DaniOre90

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would suggest that everyone who owns a gateway sell them and donate part of the money to roxas LEL, I'll sell some games I don't need anymore (except Nintendo AAA's, those are part of my personal collection) and donate part of the money :D.

Good Idea I'd also do the same if @Roxas75 would help the ppl asking them about the fbi injection issue. I need a solution please:teach:

DSoryu

GBA/NDS Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Makes sense. Figured it might be something pulled in from the system, as opposed to content stored on the game...although, if the content IS stored on the game, what is the cause of the freezing, then?

The game has languaje packs that the console is unable to read.

zero2exe

Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Region free does not appear to be working with DSiware cia's. I've tried several USA cia's on my EUR console, the icon and banner show up and so does the title but when you load it black screen and nothing else. I've tried some USA 3DSware and seems to be working ok.

Also can somebody please explain what injecting the H/S app hopes to achieve? I have injected the correct app for my region and after launching the H/S app from in the CFW it loads FBI. But if I try to launch H/S from sysNAND (not CFW) it does not display the banner and I get an error message. I get that this could be useful for users that do not own CubicNinja as a way of getting a CIA installer onto the system but are we also supposed to be able to run FBI by loading the H/S app from outside CFW? Also is there going to be any updates for the Ninjhax launcher of rxTools? That will work on 9.2?
I think you're supposed to launch Rxmode in Sysnand Mode (by pressing X while loading) for FBI to work out off your sysnand. Also you should try launching Devmode before trying out GBA/DSi games.

DSoryu

GBA/NDS Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Just seen this on CakesFW thread:

I meant that to say not only can you launch it with Brahma, its launcher is based on Brahma in itself, and since it works on N3DS, the thought that it Brahma doesn't work on N3DS is misled.
Though if that strategy for using things works for you, all the better.

sorry what do you mean? are you saying that pasta can be launched using brahma? if yes, can you simply put the pasta launcher.dat into the brahma directory? that means it's just an arm9 payload binary right? this would be perfect, since, from my understanding, that's how brahma is intended to be used: copy several payload binaries to the brahma directory, then choose which payload to run each time brahma is started. kind of a universal launcher for different payload binaries

edit: holy crap, this is brilliant! if this actually works, i can use uncart (http://github.com/citra-emu/uncart) in order to dump my original cartridges, use decrypt9 (http://github.com/archshift/Decrypt9/tree/bootstrap) to decrypt and convert them to cia, use pasta to play my converted backups and use memory dumping tools (http://github.com/patois/3DSDevTools) to mess with games and firmware and such! All that using a single launcher (brahma) only :D

someone should try with rxTools

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: No those are just incoming calls