Status
Not open for further replies.

Gavrjel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hello, I have sysnand 8.1 and emunand 9.7 thanks to rxtools. Now I want both Pasta CFW and Rx emunand, but Ninjhax on retail cartidge doesn't work on my sysnand (seems to be an issue of downgraded and then updated sysnand). What can I do? Can I solve this problem resoring my previous 9.2 sysnand backup? If I do that I'll lose emunand or in general I'll have compatibility issues with rxtools? And what if I downgrade my sysnand to 4.5? Basically I want to know how to get Pasta without losing anything.
Thanks in advance!

Gavrjel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Try reinstalling ninjhax for 8.1?

I already tried to reinstall Ninjhax, deleting data and scanning 8.1 QR code but it doesn't work at all. Searching in gbatemp forums I've noticed it's a common issue of downgraded and then reupdated sysnand. From what I understand the problem is the browser version or something like that. I want to downgrade or restore because of this.

Hashtastrophe

Wizard
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
ah, yeah. That would make sense. Have you tried all possible build choices for 8.1 when creating the QR code? (the number after the dash but before the region code. eg. -20E) If you can get it to boot even once, update the browser with FBI and that should fix your problem.

Aside from that I think you would need to reflash the 9.2 backup. I would wait a bit for another response here as I could be wrong and you may have another option.

mid-kid

GBAtemp spamBOT
Trophies
XP
Country

Gavrjel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Instead of trying all the QR codes, you could look at your browser version and compare it with this table: http://3dbrew.org/wiki/Internet_Browser#User-Agent_and_Browser_Versions_2
Look at the system update version and you have your number.

I'm a bit confused. My system version is 8.1.0-8E, according to this table my browser should be v1.7567, or am I wrong? I don't know what "Network-only system-update version" is. It's different from system version right? So where am I supposed to find this info?

Hashtastrophe

Wizard
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well, seeing as you updated from 4.5 your browser version is going to be 2050. Hence the -8E, 7E would be the same browser version but different eShop build. I was saying to try all the combinations because you might find one to work for whatever reason. I'm pretty confident that you've already done this, but have you tried generating a Ninjhax QR for 8.1.0-8E? I ask because, you know, shit happens and maybe you forgot to set it to that.

Reflashing the 9.2 backup might be the only viable option.
There is also the option of going through the trouble of hosting your own local update server. I'm pretty sure it won't apply to you as you need an N3DS to use NTR 2 and its debugger, unless someone's got another method of patching NIM to use a different update URL working for the Old 3DS.

nop90

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Open the browser, enter in the settings (where you can cancel cookies) scroll to the bottom and you will find the browser version.

Gavrjel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I tried again with the 8.1.0-8E QR code, but the exploit crash to the browser at 40%, my original problem.
I checked my browser version and it's the 1.7498 which has the "version Network-only system-update version" 4.0.0-7, so I tried the 4.0.0-7 QR code but the software crashed.
However now I know my browser version. What can I do instead of restoring NAND backup? If there's no alternative at all I'll restore it, but if there's a simple way to start Ninjhax exploit I'd rather use it.

PS: (I delete Cubic Ninja savedata every time I try to scan the code, so that's not the problem)

Hashtastrophe

Wizard
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I tried again with the 8.1.0-8E QR code, but the exploit crash to the browser at 40%, my original problem.
I checked my browser version and it's the 1.7498 which has the "version Network-only system-update version" 4.0.0-7, so I tried the 4.0.0-7 QR code but the software crashed.
However now I know my browser version. What can I do instead of restoring NAND backup? If there's no alternative at all I'll restore it, but if there's a simple way to start Ninjhax exploit I'd rather use it.

PS: (I delete Cubic Ninja savedata every time I try to scan the code, so that's not the problem)
Unless someone's got FBI or BRM working from spider you may be stuck reflashing 9.2. I assume you originally downgraded for Palantine?

g386

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Now...
image.png

Maybe...This Summer ...:ph34r:
image.png

Gavrjel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Unless someone's got FBI or BRM working from spider you may be stuck reflashing 9.2. I assume you originally downgraded for Palantine?

Actually I downgraded like two month ago following a youtube video without using flashcard or installing a cfw, through launcher.dat and gateway menu.
What if I downgrade again to 4.5? In 4.5 I can try again with Cubic Ninja, but I also have the opportunity to use this method https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-pasta-cfw-without-cubic-ninja-mset-4-x-old3ds.389498/
However can I boot my Rx 9.7 emunand even after a downgrade?

Hashtastrophe

Wizard
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I guess you could redowngrade. Then manually install the updated browser before updating to 8.1 via cart? The idea is that you'll want to end up on 8.1 (or 9.2) with Ninjhax working. 7.x/8.x/9.x has compatibility with 6.x saves, and 7.x games without weird patches needing to be applied to run them. Patches that break signatures and prevent the games from running without Pasta or Gateway active. But your emuNAND should still be usable in 4.x.

If you don't update above 6.0 again all the saves you made on 8.1 are going to be useless unless you convert them. Even on your 9.7 emuNAND. (Not sure on down-converting saves to old encryption used <6.x as I've never had the need.)

Before doing anything you should get a NAND dump of 8.1 in case something goes Horribly Wrong™ so you can reflash back to now.

d0k3

3DS Homebrew Legend
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
This is supposed to be a complete collection of all the useful tools for 3DS hacking, and you are free to ask new features for the future updates! Also, report any buf you'll eventually find too.
This is supposed to work on any firmware version between 2.0 and 9.2.

I actually took a look at the source code and now I wonder what is stopping this from being run via Ninjhax / Brahma on a N3DS. This is not a rhetorical question - the reason may be some offsets or the like, and there's also the fact that Roxas75 is obviously a O3DS user and therefore can't test. However, rxTools contains some seriously useful stuff even apart from rxMode (or EmuNAND, as it is called), and even if we could port part of it's functionality for Ninjhax, it would be pretty awesome.

So (again, not a rhetorical question) does anyone know which parts of the code are responsible so that we cannot just compile this for Ninjhax? I do hope I get an answer from @Roxas75 himself, of course, but maybe some otehr developer has also taken a look and give me some pointers.

Reactions: kactusss
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: this one