Status
Not open for further replies.

Nollog

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
lol
That Matthew 5/29 traces all the way back to the Drenn rop installer from early 2014. Probably inherited (via open source) by the more recent rop installers that completely overwrites the profile. The Gateway rop installers don't completely overwrite your profile (and thus, can't alter name/date information).
https://gbatemp.net/threads/alternate-rop-installer.361185/
You can find "matthew" if you search unicode in the above .nds binary. 05 1D or 5/29 is also in there. So matthew is Drenn and he certainly is not Mattieluh or whoever.
https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Matthew+5:29

huh...

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Can RxTool extract a game file directly from a ROM?
accessing ExeFS and RomFS to extract files without dumping XOR pad first? you are doing it with NAND dump already, maybe it could be done to games.

If it's possible, would it be possible to replace/inject patched files too? (maybe only if replaced file is not bigger)

it could be used by translation team to extract/patch/inject files.
providing a txt with a list of files to extract/reinject could make translation and mod easier.

I guess extraction is possible, but inject is probably more difficult due to size constraint (it might need a full recompile of the xxxFS to inject it instead of file by file.
That was just some ideas, it's probably not possible.

froggestspirit

Aspiring Game Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can RxTool extract a game file directly from a ROM?
accessing ExeFS and RomFS to extract files without dumping XOR pad first? you are doing it with NAND dump already, maybe it could be done to games.

If it's possible, would it be possible to replace/inject patched files too? (maybe only if replaced file is not bigger)

it could be used by translation team to extract/patch/inject files.
providing a txt with a list of files to extract/reinject could make translation and mod easier.

I guess extraction is possible, but inject is probably more difficult due to size constraint (it might need a full recompile of the xxxFS to inject it instead of file by file.
That was just some ideas, it's probably not possible.
This is along the lines of the layeredFS that NTR offers (the file replacing). It allows you to load files from the SD card without needing to rebuild the RomFS. This type of feature though is probably what I look forward to the most from hacking the 3DS, and with how convenient rxTools has become, I too would like to see the feature implemented. AFAIK, you still need to extract the whole RomFS on a PC to access the individual files, which can be a pain.

DarkMatterCore

Finding my light.
Developer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Spain
any update?

PD:Sorry im spanish,if any interesting ,whit dual sdcard nand (1 partition Rxtool-nand-9.7 , 2 partition rednand-cfw-4.5),can launch chmm (whit cfw 4.5 and cubic ninja ".cia") install one theme and launch RXTools emunand 9.7 whit the theme cuztomized

You need to have both the EmuNAND and RedNAND linked in order to get this to work, which isn't really a very good idea, honestly.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
This is along the lines of the layeredFS that NTR offers (the file replacing). It allows you to load files from the SD card without needing to rebuild the RomFS. This type of feature though is probably what I look forward to the most from hacking the 3DS, and with how convenient rxTools has become, I too would like to see the feature implemented. AFAIK, you still need to extract the whole RomFS on a PC to access the individual files, which can be a pain.
RxTool can certainly read and extract RomFS ExeFS content without using computer application to extract the ROM.
it will not be able to inject files back, but at least extraction would be useful (to use with layeredFS, cia patch, or any other tools). it will skip few steps and app install for the end user.
I don't know how hard it is to implement, it's just some possible idea to add to RxTool.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    You're just triggering people here.
  • JefferyCuddletrousers @ JefferyCuddletrousers:
    cant tell whats
    a better name for a cat, satan or succubus
    @HiradeGirl Tried finding shopping links where it's available, but it's only resellers on eBay.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Succubus is always a good name
  • PandaPandel @ PandaPandel:
    I love that pikachu galaxy shell that is so goodddd
    I wish I had a 3DS. But I skipped it altogether because I couldn't afford it. Still played some games using Citra.
    +1
    Its never too late, the OG is I think 70 -80 Used <3!!!
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm pretty good at letting things go sadly others arent
    @K3Nv2 It's never a good name.
    oh btw, wondering if you can ask questions here? i made my account to try and comment but the last comment i see on a forum is from 2018 so
    are you talking about an old thread
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You can ask but results vary
    yeah its old
    @Sicklyboy is your 3ds red!????? yassssss
    +1
    @JefferyCuddletrousers Ask in the chat, but it's mostly people trolling. Like @K3Nv2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    If from 2018 best to make a new thread
    +1
    people usuallyu screech at necro posts but Idk why personally
    pfft alright
    well im superduper new to citrus and im trying to download a hello kitty cooking game (dont judge) but it was a cia file. i did the thing to turn it into cci but citra says you need the game to be a folder to import it. im kinda dumb so maybe im not looking hard enough for answers if anyone can help....
    Be a folder? What's the exact error message?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Just double click the folder and add it
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    The root folder where you have games stored
    Yeah, just try the "add new game directory".
    no error message, and its just a file not a folder
    And do what the troll said.
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: And do what the troll said.