Status
Not open for further replies.

Rurounik9999

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Being from a country where piracy is rampant I disagree.

Few people have the ability or even bother to do something as hacking their console. Many are afraid of bricking or find it hard to learn concepts like installing CIAs, using DevMenu, Big Blue Menu and etc... Heck, I admit myself that I initially had no idea how to deal with CIA so I just used ROMs in 3DS/3DZ format because it was easier.

Speaking from experience people prefer that someone do the hard work for themselves. It's easier, less likely for something to go wrong and if something does go wrong you can blame the one who made the service. But people who make pirating services prefer methods that they can monetize on by selling a product and, if viable, sell pirated copies of games.

As an example, even though a free method for hacking the Wii has been available for many years. Selling hardmodded Wii in Brazil was still a lot popular in the gray market, since hardmod doesn't give the user to run games from an usb device, so user would have to buy bootleg copies.

I'm pretty sure, retailers are still gonna favor products they can profit on like Gateway and Sky 3DS and if someone asks them if there is a free alternative, they will either say they don't know about any or say how much more advantages the paid method has.

In the end, many people aren't even aware that there already are ways of pirating your 3ds for free. I have a lot of friend with 3DSes and I'm pretty sure I'm the only who knows you can do it without a flashcard

This is the reality we live in if you are talking about a country like Brasil.
No one gives a s... about learning some simple concepts like .cia.
Brasilians usualy prefer to buy a consoles and pay 3 to 4 times more in games than in a PC Rig just because it's "the easy way".

pikatsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Sooner or later 100% piracy will be a fact. 3DS games retail community has already many flaws especially from flashcards. I think it will be a new console system in the upcoming couple of years. If you compare ds titles to 3ds, 3ds titles have not the progress and the quantity that could have to. Many companies have quited 3ds titles creation and trying to other consoles and android. Consider the fact that nintendo have not tried to block ds and 3ds flashcards for a long time now. I think the all scene is in decadency stage. So do not argue or afraid of piracy or call anyone as a bad guy because released a piracy way. Piracy now is a fact and not an upcoming dream

Reactions: Margen67

prototech

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
know that
but now that one of this gets released, there is nothing to do about

Yes there is. Pasta was made by someone who could merely compile the code that was out there. Unless other developers jump in (like roxas), there will probably little to no development progressing from here. Palentine's firmware was released a while back, yet it wasn't the most popular CFW because of it's lack of development and limitations. Roxas has a lot of his own features going for him, and while I would love to see sig checks removed myself, I would not blame him for not doing it.

zero2exe

Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
You know, one thing is to propose cool new features for Rxtools to implement or report bugs which is alright and I'm sure Roxas appreciates them.
But coming here with "giime ramz, gimme loaderz for my warezz" or "open yer sauce (even though I have no fucking idea how to code a single line)" or even "Pasta already does it, give us pirates what we want" and going to the extent of pestering him with PMs... c'mon I personally would have sent everyone to hell and not release anything anymore.
Annoying people doesn't make anyone's work any more enjoyable, if you're getting something GOOD and FREE the very least you can do is have a little PATIENCE and RESPECT for the person who's literally doing you all a favor. C'mon people it's common sense.

williamcesar2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
''As for now it doesn't patch signature checks, so no piracy or homebrews. Also, Ninjhax will not work while in rx Mode.''

Why ''As for now'' ? Because he did not wanted to be the first one.
#KEEPBELIEVING folks :lol:

WhoAmI?

PASTA's dirty animal
Trophies
Website
lavanoid.github.io
XP
Country
Being from a country where piracy is rampant I disagree.

Few people have the ability or even bother to do something as hacking their console. Many are afraid of bricking or find it hard to learn concepts like installing CIAs, using DevMenu, Big Blue Menu and etc... Heck, I admit myself that I initially had no idea how to deal with CIA so I just used ROMs in 3DS/3DZ format because it was easier.

Speaking from experience people prefer that someone do the hard work for themselves. It's easier, less likely for something to go wrong and if something does go wrong you can blame the one who made the service. But people who make pirating services prefer methods that they can monetize on by selling a product and, if viable, sell pirated copies of games.

As an example, even though a free method for hacking the Wii has been available for many years. Selling hardmodded Wii in Brazil was still a lot popular in the gray market, since hardmod doesn't give the user to run games from an usb device, so user would have to buy bootleg copies.

I'm pretty sure, retailers are still gonna favor products they can profit on like Gateway and Sky 3DS and if someone asks them if there is a free alternative, they will either say they don't know about any or say how much more advantages the paid method has.

In the end, many people aren't even aware that there already are ways of pirating your 3ds for free. I have a lot of friend with 3DSes and I'm pretty sure I'm the only who knows you can do it without a flashcard

Perhaps. Even so, not everyone can afford a flashcard and would prefer a free method of running roms, which is a lot less harder if you're in a poor financial predicament.

Reactions: Margen67

Roxas75

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
We are italian....we are Pasta!

m6910.png

Lol, that was sick! :P

dela

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
it really fun, it's like everyone on this forum, focus on the names of the projects, but does not really contribute to them, complain about this or that, do not affect the development and do not perform any type of research / study. Now I can understand that many people have no desire to study time "c" or "arm" it is useless to ask ask and ask, if you want an Developer release a homebrew, as in the case of roxas75, (for me it was a gift from heaven because I have a 2DS and before rxtools there was no freeEmunand) in a manner entirely free, in the monetary sense, there is no need to fill or be required to criticize, on the project. if roxas75 not want to enable cia pirate is free to do so.
sorry if I used the google translator

Italian version:
la cosa realmente divertente, è come tutti su questo forum, si concentrino sui nomi dei progetti, ma non contribuiscano realmente ad essi, si lamentano di questo o quest'altro, non si interessino dello sviluppo e non eseguono nessun tipo di ricerca/studio. Ora io posso capire che molte persone non hanno tempo voglia per studiare "c" o "arm" ma è inutile chiedere chiedere e chiedere, se un svilupatore vuole rilasciare un homebrew,come nel caso di roxas75, (per me è stata una manna dal cielo perchè io possiedo un 2ds e prima di rxtools non esisteva una freeEmunand) in maniera del tutto gratuita, in senso monetario, non c'è bisogno di riempirlo di richieste o stare a sindacare, sulle scelte progettuali. se roxas75 non vuole abilitare cia pirata è liberissimo di farlo.
"Comunque il segreto di una buona pasta è la pasta" :-P

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @The Real Jdbye, :creep: