Country
France
What were you going to say?

Backup all your SD Card content on your PC
Make a FORMAT EMUNAND in GW Menu
Turn off your 3DS (DPAD Down + B)
Copy all your content back on your SD
Boot in RxMode and if it's writen RX-E, you can update

Arf, now I am hesitant to downgrade.....

WhoAmI?

PASTA's dirty animal
Trophies
Website
lavanoid.github.io
XP
Country
#1 rule if homebrew or hacks is something you want, is look before you update, gateway had already said stay on 9.2 and 9.3 was patching exploit, yeah gateway might not be what you where after, but exploits are exploits, if your on an exploitable FW you stay there, especially if you are explicitly warned that the update will block exploits......blocked exploits are never a good thing, and ninjhax was public when 9.2 was the newest FW, if homebrew was your #1 concern you would of stuck on 9.2, hacks dont just grow on tree's when they are announced you just dont update, its as simple as that,even if they arent exactly what you want yet you need to wait for them to be developed, this is basic stuff that for some reason people never seem to grasp

I agree. That's why I stayed on 9.2 for a while. I used Ninjhax for a few months but then I got bored as the homebrew scene was pretty dead for CN. I only really used PlayCoin and Theme ExtData Tool. I updated because I knew I could get a NAND mod later (as I made a NAND backup with GW, as you already know :P) and I was desperate to go online.

vergil

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ok, just to be clear, you update it from System Settings/Other Settings/System Update while its on RX-E 4.5.0 right?

Archshift

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Roxas, I ended up figuring out why it would whitescreen for me. The rxTools launcher seems to do that if you rename it to Launcher.dat, for some reason.

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
Roxas, I ended up figuring out why it would whitescreen for me. The rxTools launcher seems to do that if you rename it to Launcher.dat, for some reason.
rxtools is launched off of gateway's payload which refers to itself. In this case, "sdmc/:rxTools.dat", is in the decrypted payload code.
I suppose that's part of gateway's "AP" :P

Tjessx

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium

It just works different then the gateway launcher, that's what you can't use the same Mset hack,
EDIT: roxas knew this

Samwix

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Can I downgrade correctly even if I have RxTools.dat, firmware.bin, slot0x25keyx.bin on my SD Card?

Zidapi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
So for mset usage it requires an exclusive exploit installer?
Why can't it use the standard "Launcher.dat" one? (it's not like we can have 2 rop chains installed at the same time)
Because Gateway's loader.dat contains modified Nintendo FIRM integrated into it, and rxTools uses firm.bin?

The two loaders are different and therefore not compatible. You could always load one via MSET and the other via websploit.

Fishaman P

Speedrunner
Trophies
Website
twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I should have mentioned that in my post. Though really, this is only useful for linked nands anyway. If unlinked then the sysnand wont see the installed content from emunand and it's not like you can install it manually in rxMode.

Worked though. I have online in Smash on 9.2.

1. Use rxTools and dump all the important NAND files. Just because you can. Copy them to a computer for safe keeping.
  2. Boot into rxMode and update via settings app to 9.6. (Make sure you're in RX-E, not RX-S or ver.)
  3. Update games, install stuff.
  4. Reboot and start rxTools again.
  5. Dump ticket.db from emuNAND, inject into SysNAND. Ignore the "Dumping..." text when injecting.
  6. Exit and enjoy the updates.
Newly installed games don't show up, likely need to force the 3DS to see it. I have an idea why it isn't showing up so I'll check it out. (I'm pretty tired so I'm probably wrong though lol)
I just worked up the balls to try this, but as others have reported, injection to sysNAND had no effect. I compared the sysNAND ticket.db before and after "injection", and their SHA-1s matched.
Also, if injection did work, how would I go about getting sysNAND to accept the eShop downloads from emuNAND?

piratesephiroth

I wish I could read
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Because Gateway's loader.dat contains modified Nintendo FIRM integrated into it, and rxTools uses firm.bin?

The two loaders are different and therefore not compatible. You could always load one via MSET and the other via websploit.
Well, rxTools includes an executable to download the necessary firm file.

Gateway's ROP could launch other tools... I wonder why rxTools can't work with it.

D

Deleted User

Well, rxTools includes an executable to download the necessary firm file.

Gateway's ROP could launch other tools... I wonder why rxTools can't work with it.

Because those other tools were built to launch via Gateway's ROP. rxTools is not. It probably *could* be, but it isn't.

pontum

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I just worked up the balls to try this, but as others have reported, injection to sysNAND had no effect. I compared the sysNAND ticket.db before and after "injection", and their SHA-1s matched.
Also, if injection did work, how would I go about getting sysNAND to accept the eShop downloads from emuNAND?
Roxas75 did say that he had write protection for emuNAND and sysNAND for debug purposes, but forgot to remove them for the release. It will be fixed in the next release.

As for making the downloads appear in sysNAND, I'm not 100% sure, but this should work. sysNAND and emuNAND must be linked for this to work.

-Install on emuNAND. The licence is now written to the emuNAND ticket.db, title.db is updated to include the downloaded app, and the downloaded files are now encrypted to work on that emuNAND.

-Dump the emuNAND ticket, then inject it to sysNAND. The licence is now on your sysNAND as well.

-If your emuNAND and sysNAND are still linked, the folder ID's should be the same, as well as the file. If so, it should be able to read title.db and the downloaded files created by the emuNAND. If you are using the same SD card for both, then you only need to inject the ticket.db, but if not, then you need to transfer the "Nintendo 3DS" folder as well. Important to note, if you've created data management files on a different SD card, it may be using a different ID for the second folder, which means you can't just merge the Nintendo 3DS folder. You will need to delete one of them, which in this case should be the one created on your sysNAND.

Assuming your sysNAND is the right version to run the apps, they should now work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Skelletonike @ Skelletonike: Welp, already have 40h in Stellar Blade and dying to home and put some more.