Hacking [Release] rxTools - Roxas75 3DS Toolkit [fw 2.0 - 9.2]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tjessx

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
is it possible to rename rxtools.dat to launcher.dat ?
i want to seperate one sd for gateway and another for rxtools but i dont want to reinstall the exploit for each time i swap

No, it won't work.
You can use both gateway and rxTools at the same time with the same SD card.
3 different options:
option 1:
- gateway: MSET
- rxtools: Browser
option 2:
- gateway: browser
- rxtools: browser
option 3:
- gateway: browser
- rxtools: mset

Reactions: u4113057

Samwix

Trophies
XP
Country
France
There is an issue : there's an error code when I go to NNID Settings in System Settings, then they ask me if I want to retry to access there, I press No, then I go back to Settings and it's writen Ver 9.6.0-24, i'll make soon a video

Tjessx

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
There is an issue : there's an error code when I go to NNID Settings in System Settings, then they ask me if I want to retry to access there, I press No, then I go back to Settings and it's writen Ver 9.6.0-24, i'll make soon a video

While in emunand? it kicks you back to sysnand?
or in a lower sysnand version?
EDIT: If you make a video, please start the video before you startup your 3DS

AquaX101

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I've had that happen before. Hope it gets fixed soon to avoid confusion

dubbz82

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've had that happen before. Hope it gets fixed soon to avoid confusion

I mentioned this some pages back, when I was trying to get mine set up as well. Apparently whenever you exit the settings, you get booted back to sysNAND, and this is actually how it behaves with Gateway's emuNAND as well.

Samwix

Trophies
XP
Country
France
While in emunand? it kicks you back to sysnand?
or in a lower sysnand version?
EDIT: If you make a video, please start the video before you startup your 3DS
Yes, when I leave NNID Settings it kicks me back to EmuNand System Settings but it's written Ver instead of RX-E.
When I leave EmuNAND System Settings, it kicks me to SysNAND (normal)

Tjessx

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Someone here who has a Korean 3DS?
I need a few people with a 4.0 - 9.2 Korean 3DS to test the browser exploit.

Zidapi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
is it possible to rename rxtools.dat to launcher.dat ?
i want to seperate one sd for gateway and another for rxtools but i dont want to reinstall the exploit for each time i swap
Changing the .dat name won't change anything. You'll still need to install each loader's respective exploit to boot into whichever cfw you want. Renaming Gateway's loader.dat to rxtools.dat won't all you to boot gateway with roxas' MSET hax.

Not compiled for Linux/armv6 so not very useful to me :)
The source is provided, do it yourself.

Reactions: u4113057

pastaconsumer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm also thinking to make rxMode boot in the first place, and you'll be able to open rxTools menu by holding L.

So, i think the next release will be really good :)

How about making a config file that can be edited to determine whether or not you need to hold L and if so what button to hold (like A or B or X, etc)

Reactions: AquaX101

HEX1GON

YEEEEEERRRRRRSSSSS
Trophies
XP
Country
Great tool Roxas. Just a minor thing though. For some of the tools it requires space on the SD card, as stupid as I was(surely many mistakes like this will happen with other), I didn't have enough free space.
Where the main tool menu appears, with EMUNAND,NewKeyX is printed. A free space value printed would be neat.

Other than that I've had no other issues with this tool, you've put a lot of time into it. Thanks :)

Agent Moose

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So even though I look at this forum about every day, I haven't noticed rxTools until recently.

I have a question about it: As I read it on the rxTools website, in order to run emunand you need an already existing emunand from gateway or MT? if that's so, how is is it free? You need to pay for gateway/MT. Maybe I am missing something.

anwyay, I am on 9.2 and I would loooove to use emunand. Anyway possible with this?

CalebW

Fellow Temper
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So even though I look at this forum about every day, I haven't noticed rxTools until recently.

I have a question about it: As I read it on the rxTools website, in order to run emunand you need an already existing emunand from gateway or MT? if that's so, how is is it free? You need to pay for gateway/MT. Maybe I am missing something.

anwyay, I am on 9.2 and I would loooove to use emunand. Anyway possible with this?
You don't need their respective cards, all you need to do is run their software, dump your nand, create your emunand, switch to rxTools, and update your emunand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, For my birthday I will go to the movies and then we will go to a restaurant where...