Hacking [Release] rxTools - Roxas75 3DS Toolkit [fw 2.0 - 9.2]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tjessx

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Hey guys long time lurker here finally decided to join. Just wanted to ask if anyone else is having problems booting into the latest emunand? I followed everything said here and managed to update my 4.3U emunand while in rx mode but wont boot again after update just black screen.i already tried clearing browser history & cookies, reformatting sd card & even formatting emunand again but nothing changes. Rx tools menu does have emunand and newkeyx highlighted in green. Anyone have similar problems?

I'm not 100% sure about this, but i think that if you are using sysnand < 7 you need the slot0x25KeyX.bin on the root of your sd card in order to boot into emunand > 7

Tjessx

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Launching rxMode doesn´t work for me. My 3ds just freezes at a black screen. I use emunand 9.2 and I have the firmware.bin,rxTools.dat and the slot0x25KeyX.bin on my SD card.

What version is your sysnand, which 3DS are you using, and which version of rxTools.dat do you use?

noctis90210

Trophies
XP
Country
just want to ask some question about firmware.bin... what exactly the file size of firmware.bin? is it big?
cuz i used the cdn_firm.exe and it downloaded the firmware.bin with a file size that is less than 1MB (965,632 bytes to be exactly)...

did i downloaded the right file?
is this firmware.bin a file that is constant (not changing), for example, if i backed up this firmware.bin, and nintendo have a new update, is this file usable or do we need to download a new firmware.bin every time theres a new system update?

sory for my bad english... not my native language...
anyway thanks and have a nice day...

Tjessx

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
just want to ask some question about firmware.bin... what exactly the file size of firmware.bin? is it big?
cuz i used the cdn_firm.exe and it downloaded the firmware.bin with a file size that is less than 1MB (965,632 bytes to be exactly)...

did i downloaded the right file?
is this firmware.bin a file that is constant (not changing), for example, if i backed up this firmware.bin, and nintendo have a new update, is this file usable or do we need to download a new firmware.bin every time theres a new system update?

sory for my bad english... not my native language...
anyway thanks and have a nice day...

The size is right
Yes you did download the right file,
It can change for every new update, just redownload the firmware.bin for every update you use to be sure (download from the cdn_firm.exe found in the new download)

Reactions: noctis90210

Neo89

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Never mind guys finally got it working. Turns out i didn't have the right slot0x25KeyX.bin

Roxxor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
Hi!
I'm using rxtools on old3DS 9.2 with 9.6 emuNAND. Everything works perfect!
Why are people downgrading to 4.5? Is there any reason except piracy?

dubbz82

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi!
I'm using rxtools on old3DS 9.2 with 9.6 emuNAND. Everything works perfect!
Why are people downgrading to 4.5? Is there any reason except piracy?

Sure as heck don't need 4.x for piracy...4.x is just a lot more...open. You have access to MSET, ninjhax, and the browser exploit. Piracy can be done on I believe any firmware up to 9.2 for gateway, and i think 9.5 for sky3ds. Another thing with 4.x, you have kernel access with the MSET exploit...

MrJason005

√2
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Sure as heck don't need 4.x for piracy...4.x is just a lot more...open. You have access to MSET, ninjhax, and the browser exploit. Piracy can be done on I believe any firmware up to 9.2 for gateway, and i think 9.5 for sky3ds. Another thing with 4.x, you have kernel access with the MSET exploit...
9.6 for sky

Hayleia

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Sorry. I know I'll be asking for questions that have already been adressed but after reading the first post and some posts after the first one, I read some contradictions (probably due to progress and the fact the first post was edited). So I am still asking to be sure. If the first three questions are really stupid, just skip them. And I do it in 1) 2) 3) form so that you don't need to quote, just put numbers to save time.

1. This can boot emuNAND, not only read it, right ? (answered in the first post I think but contradicted a few posts lower)
  2. Does it really supports 9.6 ? It can boot it and all ?
  3. Any plans for homebrew ? I don't care about piracy but homebrew is kind of a plus (that's why I got a Gateway and not Sky3DS, and why I am considering using this since I kind of only use the "classic" mode with the Gateway). (I feel like the first post says "maybe")
  4. If I make a custom theme using this, will it stay in your emuNAND emulation ?
  5. Can I still use my Gateway with that installed ? Like, boot in Sysnand and go to DS profile ? (for when I need to backup saves from carts, or edit extdata to make a custom theme or something)
  6. Is it uninstallable ? I mean, can I come back to how the 3DS was before rxtools (normal sysnand) if you ever drop the project and only Gateway supports newest emuNAND (or any other problem) ?

MrJason005

√2
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Sorry. I know I'll be asking for questions that have already been adressed but after reading the first post and some posts after the first one, I read some contradictions (probably due to progress and the fact the first post was edited). So I am still asking to be sure. If the first three questions are really stupid, just skip them. And I do it in 1) 2) 3) form so that you don't need to quote, just put numbers to save time.

1) This can boot emuNAND, not only read it, right ? (answered in the first post I think but contradicted a few posts lower)
2) Does it really supports 9.6 ? It can boot it and all ?
3) Any plans for homebrew ? I don't care about piracy but homebrew is kind of a plus (that's why I got a Gateway and not Sky3DS, and why I am considering using this since I kind of only use the "classic" mode with the Gateway). (I feel like the first post says "maybe")
4) If I make a custom theme using this, will it stay in your emuNAND emulation ?
5) Can I still use my Gateway with that installed ? Like, boot in Sysnand and go to DS profile ? (for when I need to backup saves from carts, or edit extdata to make a custom theme or something)
6) Is it uninstallable ? I mean, can I come back to how the 3DS was before rxtools (normal sysnand) if you ever drop the project and only Gateway supports newest emuNAND (or any other problem) ?
it can boot into emunand and it supports 9.6

Hashtastrophe

Wizard
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
But you can have kernel access with MSET all the way up to 7.0. (And later provided you reinstall MSET).
4.5 can only use the old kernel stuff and 4.x-9.2 can use the newer stuff.
I would love if this supported the n3ds
Would be nice, yeah. But if it gets support it's going to be a side effect of porting to OoT/CN. (Unless he changed his stance recently)
KARL (And eventually OSKA) would be a better option for emunand on N3DS, especially since they're going allow homebrew right off the home menu.

Zidapi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
It's a hashtastrophe! I've been ninja'd :ph34r:

I would love if this supported the n3ds
I'm sure if you bought Roxas75 a new3DS he'd be happy to work on implementing n3DS support.

But right now he doesn't have a new3DS and he has no intention of buying one.

Most, if not all, of the tools that are included with rxTools will come with KARL (which is primarily n3DS focused).

Please have more patients.

MrJason005

√2
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
I'm sure if you bought Roxas75 a new3DS he'd be happy to work on implementing n3DS support.

Most, if not all, of the tools that are included with rxTools will come with KARL (which is primarily n3DS focused).

Please wait more tiems

filfat

CTO @ Nordcom Group Inc.
Trophies
Website
www.sweetsideofsweden.com
XP
Country
Sweden
It's a hashtastrophy! I've been ninja'd :ph34r:

I have patients, were just stating that I would love if it worked on the N3DS not that I'm dying of waiting :)

Reactions: puss2puss

CreAtor135

GBATemp's #1 Nothing
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry for being an absolute noob, but can I use my GW Red card with this on 9.6 emunand (If I can even boot into that?) And also, can I install the devmenu with this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Nahhh those game sticks look cool to me