Not open for further replies.

Roxas75

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Thanks to you all, guys!
I'm sorry for being a bit absente in these days.
I'm very busy with school and everything. Though there are some progresses:
I ported rxTools to ninjhax, but needs a lot of tests and fixes, becouse it has quite an 80% rate of successfully booting. I use Karl bootstrap code with shinyquagsire permission.
And i'm currently working on mset. It is a bit tricky, since i have to write the entire code myself, starting from the rop, and it will take some time.
Though, once the mset setup is done, it is a matter of minutes to port it to any other userland entrypoint, so i think it's not a time-waste.
After i amplified the compatibility, i'll add all the useful tools to extract and inject useful nand files, i plan a sub-menu just for that.
Just need time. I'm alone afterall.
For new3ds, i'm not sure what i'll do. Though i have some new3ds testers, so i can try to write some code for it.
This is not meant to be any official n3ds compatibility announce :)

PS: also, maybe it's better to move this thread to the Flashcards&CustomFirmwares section at this rate..

xDarkPeTruSx

Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks to you all, guys!
I ported rxTools to ninjhax, but needs a lot of tests and fixes, becouse it has quite an 80% rate of successfully booting. I use Karl bootstrap code with shinyquagsire permission.
And i'm currently working on mset. It is a bit tricky, since i have to write the entire code myself, starting from the rop, and it will take some time.
Though, once the mset setup is done, it is a matter of minutes to port it to any other userland entrypoint, so i think it's not a time-waste.
After i amplified the compatibility, i'll add all the useful tools to extract and inject useful nand files, i plan a sub-menu just for that.
For new3ds, i'm not sure what i'll do. Though i have some new3ds testers, so i can try to write some code for it.

PS: also, maybe it's better to move this thread to the Flashcards&CustomFirmwares section at this rate..

I have 2 new 3ds xl. I... I can be your test subject, if you wish....

MrJason005

√2
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Thanks to you all, guys!

I just want to let you know that this is an amazing project, thanks a lot

Reactions: Margen67

zero2exe

Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Thanks to you all, guys!

Nah leave it here before it gets derailed by the OSKA/KARL trolls, makes it easier to follow on actual news or helping people getting this to work :P

Wowfunhappy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks to you all, guys!

Iirc, Bootstrap itself has a success rate substantially below 100%, especially on Old 3DS's, so it may not be entirely the fault of your code. 80% sounds pretty darn good anyway.

PKNess

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks to you all, guys!

That would be great, I love rxTools and run it on new3DS would be absolutly amazing, just sayin, anyway, thank you for all your work.

extrun20

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can someone please tell me how to Generate Xorpads on SDinfo.bin from EmuNAND? Thanks for answering.

MelonGx

Trophies
XP
Country
China
Is rx-mode compatible with KeyY 6.0 retail cart saves?
Such as Pokemon XYORAS, MH4U, SSB, all 2014+ games, etc.
(for converting them into SaveDataFiler format, or directly use)

Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
Is rx-mode compatible with KeyY 6.0 retail cart saves?
Such as Pokemon XYORAS, MH4U, SSB, all 2014+ games, etc.
(for converting them into SaveDataFiler format, or directly use)

Assuming you boot into a 6.x or higher sysnand. Yes. But the real question would be how you manage to get SaveDataFiler to work in rxMode because rxMode doesn't allow unsigned stuff to work and SaveDataFiler is definitely one of them. :P

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I think it would be better in the homebrew section.
As it's a homebrew utility/System tools. Any projects run on the console is a homebrew. Only the piracy tools are in flashcarts section (gateway, CFW with ROM/Cia launching features, etc.)

It's always difficult to choose a section when a tool covers multiple area.
But one thing is sure, it's not a Computer's application, and has nothing to do in Translation and utilities.

Edit:
Moved to Homebrew section.

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, wait... Will DSiWare and GBA VC run on emunand with this? Legit stuff of course... I'll go try as soon as I get home.

Edit: Nope. Still black screen using rxmode. I wonder why that is...

Kohmei

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm mostly interested in the CTR decryption (and maybe xorpad generation) ability of this tool for the N3DS because I used to make all my own CIAs, and I didn't realize the N3DS didn't work with any of the tools when I got rid of my OG3DS.

As of right now (please correct me if I'm wrong) there is no way to fully create a CIA file using a N3DS, so I would be very interested in seeing this tool even have partial support for all of its features on the N3DS

piratesephiroth

I wish I could read
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I'm mostly interested in the CTR decryption (and maybe xorpad generation) ability of this tool for the N3DS because I used to make all my own CIAs, and I didn't realize the N3DS didn't work with any of the tools when I got rid of my OG3DS.

As of right now (please correct me if I'm wrong) there is no way to fully create a CIA file using a N3DS, so I would be very interested in seeing this tool even have partial support for all of its features on the N3DS
I think there are no tools available for the N3DS yet.

OmegaPikachu

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So i ran it, everything went fine, it said

"1 file decrypted" which is correct.

but there is nothing new on my SD card.

what did it do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I think Switch 2 will launch about Christmas this year lol