Not open for further replies.

wurstpistole

GBAtemp MVP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Have u tried it?
Not yet, as I don't give a damn about VC. But seriously that's so common someone must know that.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

You know the strange thing about those guys is that they can not run gba VC at all, also not in sysnand. And that normally should work no matter if or what rxtools you use. That's why I linked gba VC problems to downgrade bugs.

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not yet, as I don't give a damn about VC. But seriously that's so common someone must know that.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

You know the strange thing about those guys is that they can not run gba VC at all, also not in sysnand. And that normally should work no matter if or what rxtools you use. That's why I linked gba VC problems to downgrade bugs.
The downgrade did not cause it to not work

TBreaker

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Ok, now I'm totally lost :(
Does anyone have a link to an rxTools build that worked for him (without firm of cource) and can tell me where to put the firms?

wurstpistole

GBAtemp MVP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hm. Another explanation? I just don't know how to help them. Many of the downgraders also have problems with rxtools not booting from ctrbootmanager, or causing the device to reboot instead of going into Emunand. No one had that problem before.

Last edited by wurstpistole,

MaladroitJoypad

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I installed v2.6 on 4.5 FW O3DS. Now, how do I run regionfree on rxTools? At least the changelog said it has regionfree...

MaladroitJoypad

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Welp, so regionfree doesnt mean a regionfree launcher (f.e. playing Japanese games)? Damn, its gettin kinda hopeless right now...

survive9

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Getting an error -2 when it runs the installation data suite. After that, it won't let me boot rxmode in either emunand or sysnand. Anyone have a solution?

wurstpistole

GBAtemp MVP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Welp, so regionfree doesnt mean a regionfree launcher (f.e. playing Japanese games)? Damn, its gettin kinda hopeless right now...
Of course it does. Latest nightly supports regionfree at least, you don't need anything else.
That means of course only for .cia, not game cards.

And to the GBA VC issue... I tried it myself now on my 9.0 N3DS.

I installed 3 gba titles, two were injected roms, and one was a legit ambassador game. Installed them to both SysNAND and EmuNAND. Drumroll for the result...

- they don't work in SysNAND with Pasta
- they don't work in EmuNAND

None of them works, not even in SysNAND and not even the legit one. Just black screen in EmuNAND and "An error occured" in SysNAND.

Reactions: peteruk

Ripper00420

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hm. Another explanation? I just don't know how to help them. Many of the downgraders also have problems with rxtools not booting from ctrbootmanager, or causing the device to reboot instead of going into Emunand. No one had that problem before.
Not really...because I've downgraded several (4) N3DS systems and own a couple that were on 9.0 to begin with. All work the same on latest and old builds.

Also a lot of these people have an emunand with Menuhax installed, and.... boot loops for breakfast anyone..lol!

Last edited by Ripper00420,

wurstpistole

GBAtemp MVP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
That's what I experienced in my tutorial thread. For some it works without problems, autobooting as it should, and others have rxTools rebooting the complete device so they have to hold the button to skip menuhax to go to Emunand, similar as it is with Pasta from HomebrewLauncher. But for me, if I boot rxTools in CtrBootManager, it goes directly into EmuNAND and that's how it should be. Makes no sense if all have the same files and setup.

MaladroitJoypad

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Of course it does. Latest nightly supports regionfree at least, you don't need anything else.
That means of course only for .cia, not game cards.

So, that means I can go fuck myself right now, but thx for the only one clear answer in this board since Im signed up here, lol. (Im thanking you not in an ironically way)

Last edited by MaladroitJoypad,

MaladroitJoypad

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Idk, what freemultipatcher is, guess Ill have to google it. Welp, homebrew doesnt have a 4.5 supported version and it's regionfree launcher isnt able to patch foreign game cartrigdes.

edit: looked into free mutli patcher, I dont think its what Im lookin for. It seems to be an addition to rxtool etc., means I still need a .cia

Last edited by MaladroitJoypad,

wurstpistole

GBAtemp MVP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Freemultipatcher patches firmware to run out of region games, but then again it could be only for CFW, was only a suggestion...
Well Gateway can load foreign region cards, but I think you don't have one.

Ekaitz

Redhead Believer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi guys,

I post this here because it may be a common issue with rxTools, I don't know.
I downgraded my n3DS yesterday, it was 9.9.
It is now 9.2E, with 9.5E emunand with the latest NVer installed. (both nands are linked)

I can browse on the eShop but I can't download anything.
I wanted to download the MH4U update but it doesn't work...
1452008162-scr-2-bottom.png

If I decide to download it in sleep mode, it doesn't progress at all, it just stays at 0%.

Any idea?

MaladroitJoypad

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
The game wont patch on FW higher than 9.2, the 9.2 homebrew regionfree launcher crashes everytime I start it, 10.3 homebrew regionfree launcher works, but is not able to patch foreign games. Without the patch Im not able to play online.

Might it be possible, to install the patch (found the .cia for it) on my current 4.5 FW with rxTools, updating the system back to 10.3, get all homebrew stuff for 10.3 and start the game patched? .-.

Karwelas

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Ok guys, I have kind of weird problem. I used this https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-installing-rxtools-custom-firmware-3ds-and-2ds.390867/ tutorial to install CFW and rxtools on my o3DS, downgraded with sysupdater. It managed to install and do things, but when I booted menu, it only atobooted me to emuNAND. When I try to get into launcher on sys, it always get me to emu and when I try to get it on emu, it just show normal 3ds error to reset it. I tried to unlinking NANDs by formating system and it worked... but somehow, even on emu FBI from main home screen disappeared. What the hell is happening? Should I reinstall this shit? I have backup of SD just in case, before playing with rxtools.

Did I fucked up something? Or maybe I should something else?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Except when there is no power lol