Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadowtrance

Trophies
XP
Country
So guys is MSET working on n3ds?

Anyway thanks @Reisyukaku :)
Yep MSET booting appears to be working fine on n3ds. :)

I also second what @WhoAmI? said. :) That would be cool.

Edit: spoke too soon lol Getting the "failed to load native firm: 4" again.... weird, was working earlier...

bache

Trophies
XP
Country
Boots fine for me on n3ds after doing what someone said a few pages back, using the reinand firmware bin and the converter script.
Did you need to go through the initial configuration bit to get the "data" folder? I ask as I just created a data folder, pasted 0004013800000002.bin into it, and tried it only to get the same result.
Wondering if it's an installation thing, or the python script not patching my firmware.bin.

Okay, appears to be a python thing. Anybody know where I'm going wrong?

d90db03cfe48ddf55f28e07f388530d1.png

Shadowtrance

Trophies
XP
Country
Did you need to go through the initial configuration bit to get the "data" folder? I ask as I just created a data folder, pasted 0004013800000002.bin into it, and tried it only to get the same result.
Wondering if it's an installation thing, or the python script not patching my firmware.bin.
No, i didn't. Because the data installation is broken on n3ds for some reason, so yeah i did it manually. It WAS working earlier but i recompiled it with the latest changes (MSET etc).

Anyway, no plans to use it fulltime just yet til things get ironed out on the n3ds front and everyone else shouldn't either as the devs have asked people to... use one of the other options available until things are stable! :P

Reactions: WhoAmI?

bache

Trophies
XP
Country
No, i didn't. Because the data installation is broken on n3ds for some reason, so yeah i did it manually. It WAS working earlier but i recompiled it with the latest changes (MSET etc).

Anyway, no plans to use it fulltime just yet til things get ironed out on the n3ds front and everyone else shouldn't either as the devs have asked people to... use one of the other options available until things are stable! :P
It appears that the python script doesn't like me at the moment, so would it be possible for you to PM me 0004013800000002.bin?

bache

Trophies
XP
Country
Managed to get the script working by removing the print statement at the end. Testing now.
Edit: Yup! All working now! At the main rxTools menu! EmuNAND boots fine :).

Melon__Bread

~It's A Magik~
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Managed to get the script working by removing the print statement at the end. Testing now.
Edit: Yup! All working now! At the main rxTools menu! EmuNAND boots fine :).
you need to run the script with python 2.7 you are using python 3

bache

Trophies
XP
Country
you need to run the script with python 2.7 you are using python 3
Yeah, I realised where I went wrong. Next issue is that it appears rxTools only works the first time you start it. It refuses to boot a second time. I need to copy over the files to my mSD after every attempt, otherwise I get the blue square with the "I".

Melon__Bread

~It's A Magik~
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I realised where I went wrong. Next issue is that it appears rxTools only works the first time you start it. It refuses to boot a second time. I need to copy over the files to my mSD after every attempt, otherwise I get the blue square with the "I".
Yup same here.
Also get the same issue I had in ReiNand where if I do not boot a game or rush to multi patcher within 5 seconds the system locks up

dubbz82

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorta cute when roxas donated rxTools, how the PASTA team basically "tore through the code" and managed to improve so much. They're animals! (In a good way)

Helps having multiple sets of eyes on it, which really didn't happen until the very end of roxas's control of the project.

Edit: to be clear, that's by no means a knock on roxas, as I can certainly understand why he didn't want it open sourced until after Pandora's box was opened.

Reactions: WhoAmI?

Zap Rowsdower

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So now that N3ds MSET has been added, assuming I were to fiddle through the data installation stuff and get this up and running on my N3ds, would there be a way to get Ninjhax 1.1 and exclusive homebrew running correctly through a cubic ninja .cia? (as in disabled firmlaunchhax and sysNAND, preferably)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GdMSPaHhmbI +1