Hacking [Release] rxTools - Roxas75 3DS Toolkit [fw 2.0 - 9.2]

Status
Not open for further replies.

ccfman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If what you need is only the encryption - just get yourself the FAT16 xorpad to do so.
However since there should be padding and junk difference, you would have to decrypt the GW NAND dump and compare it to.
Once the padding or junk is solved, you could use rxtool dump with xorpad to encrypt it and flash it back.

I've an easier idea, no need for actual hardmod if anyone would like to have a try.
GW Dump (SysNAND), RxTool Dump (SysNAND), EmuNAND Dump (Emunand tool), FAT16 Xorpad (RxTools).
Once you have all those above.
1. Decrypt the GW one and EmuNAND one with Xorpad.
2. Compare decrypted GW one with RxTools one.
3. Once you have offset and solved the padding, get RxTools one encrypted.
4. Backup all files within your SD.
5. Use Emunand Tool to restore the Encrypted RxTools dump to Emunand.
6. See if it works. If yes, the emunand would be same one as your SysNAND.
7. If it works, you could flash the EmuNAND dump back.
To me, the Xorpad has smaller size than GW one. Don't know if it meets the length of RxTools one, yup.

If such a method work, you could tell devs and you may even have a Format EmuNAND option in RxTools.
When you dump the Nand from GW, you get the WHOLE Nand which consists of Firm0, Firm1 and CTRNand. The FAT16 Xorpad is for the CTRNand only which is why it is smaller than GW Nand Dump.
The Nand is Firm0 + Firm1 + CTRNand.

Syphurith

Beginner
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
rxTools creates a full nand dump. If you dumped partitions, use emunand tools to combine a nand dump.
BTW I transferred ticked.db from emunand to sysnand when rxTools have a bugs in thatoperation using rxTools emunand dump and emunand tools. Can't say for sure now which sysnand dump was used as a source.
--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------
xorpad may be of any size, the truth is that the junk tail of GW emunand dump processed with xorpad is still junk :)
So how about crafting a flash-able image programatically? it could even be used to "Format EmuNAND".
BTW what about Rei's progress statement? If you have seen the tagging.. (I can not access Twitter) I don't know if that is true (Too good to believe).

When you dump the Nand from GW, you get the WHOLE Nand which consists of Firm0, Firm1 and CTRNand. The FAT16 Xorpad is for the CTRNand only which is why it is smaller than GW Nand Dump.
The Nand is Firm0 + Firm1 + CTRNand.
Well there is only a few that could be called FIRM. I thought firm1 and firm0 are the same.
Eh.. How about its EmuNAND? If there is FIRM sections, not too difficult to be merged if known what it is exactly.

duke_srg

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
So how about crafting a flash-able image programatically? it could even be used to "Format EmuNAND".
BTW what about Rei's progress statement? If you have seen the tagging.. (I can not access Twitter) I don't know if that is true (Too good to believe).
Well there is only a few that could be called FIRM. I thought firm1 and firm0 are the same.
Eh.. How about its EmuNAND? If there is FIRM sections, not too difficult to be merged if known what it is exactly.
I thought I've checked and find only size difference between GW dump. But that was with early rxTools version dumps. I'll check once again tonight.
I did not track Rei's project.

Reactions: Syphurith

nastys

ナースティス
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
If anyone wants to try the latest version, here you go: https://mega.nz/#!I4hG2YLS!nghyClD4Hawz78_gGbFSkKXTaOObvo52FN2WHHeH5cI
Changes:
  • New rxInstaller (credits to @Apache Thunder ), fully compatible with CakeHax (the old app didn't even work with fw 4.5...)
  • Bug fixes
  • Documentation and Quick Start Guide
Note that it is still unstable and incomplete.

all-content: doc theme release
Cause it would take 'all' as the default target, so if you need to do so, you could either overwrite all to let it do more, or just add a new target.
>>Hope this solves your issue.
Already added doc to release, thanks anyway ;)

Last edited by nastys,

Syphurith

Beginner
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Firm0 and Firm1 should be identical as Firm1 is a backup of Firm0.
Checked the NAND.bin and Xorpad.Bin and Decrypted And Unpacked size..
And took a look at NAND.bin..
It seems there are much more partitions or sections in the NAND.bin, not only the FIRM.
Also Encrypted FIRM (from CDN) not found from emuNAND dumped. Maybe more complex than what i saw.
Could you find your hardmod dump offset within the GW one? If don't like nevermind.

duke_srg

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Binary compared two close dumps - one from 954MB from GW and one from 943Mb from rxTools (made in april with several days gap)
First changes started from 190+MB - fat partition for sure. And ends just after 941Mb. The rest is zero in both.

pdapanda

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Hi, could somebody please test this build of rxtools, I added 2 patches for arm11, one to allow out of region modules, and one to patch nim(could be usefull after n3ds support got added),but I 'm not able to test the cardrige support by myself, because I dont own a out of region module.
@AlbertoSONIC
I think the out of region cartridge support could be fixed,with the project of @RednaxelaNnamtra
http://gbatemp.net/threads/release-free-multi-patcher.391945/page-5#post-5567910

Crusard

Trophies
XP
Country
Last edited by Crusard,

happydance

Trophies
XP
Country
is SecureInfo_A injecton works now on rxtools 2.6-3.0b2??? just tried on emunand and it just gave me an error

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: The Castlevania game was on the PS1 so that's cool +1