Status
Not open for further replies.

2ta

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi Sir,

I followed the instructions DL the latest FW copied to SD installed BBM, tried to install all the CIA(FW) however during the installation it skipped some of the CIAs stating that "program already exists".. when it was completed, rebooted the system, tried to load Emunand thru RxTool, but i've encountered the black screen again. :( i think this is because it skipped the "programs" instead of overwriting them. is there any other thing we can do? i can't use Sysupdater right because im using Rx eploit?

pakrett

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi Sir,

I followed the instructions DL the latest FW copied to SD installed BBM, tried to install all the CIA(FW) however during the installation it skipped some of the CIAs stating that "program already exists".. when it was completed, rebooted the system, tried to load Emunand thru RxTool, but i've encountered the black screen again. :( i think this is because it skipped the "programs" instead of overwriting them. is there any other thing we can do? i can't use Sysupdater right because im using Rx eploit?

I don't know why it fails but don't use sysUpdater, it's only for sysnand !
It's normal too have "program already exists" , it's not an error. What's your region ?

Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
That's normal. It skips stuff that didn't need updated. Perhaps the black screen issue is due to installing n3DS cias. did you make sure n3DS option was unchecked when downloading the CIAs using 3DNUS? If you used UpdateCDN instead do NOT include any of the CIAs in the 9.0 Stage2 folder. ;)

VerseHell

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Like I said on the cake thread , here's a rxTools build with 6.X MSET support, made using the latest CakeHax commit.

http://jheberg.net/captcha/rxtools-v30b5/

It's useful for the browserless 6.X console because it doesn't requires to downgrade the mset (you still need a ds flashcart tough), and also for 2DS 6.X users, if you format your 2ds by accident.

(I would be nice if someone could update the github to use the latest CakeHax commit)

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's normal. It skips stuff that didn't need updated. Perhaps the black screen issue is due to installing n3DS cias. did you make sure n3DS option was unchecked when downloading the CIAs using 3DNUS? If you used UpdateCDN instead do NOT include any of the CIAs in the 9.0 Stage2 folder. ;)
This. I bricked an xl with n3ds cias. No nand backup either. [emoji27]

2ta

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi Sir,

US region sir.. Should i try installing Cias again using BBM?
and I'm not sure if i have the correct Slot.. my md5 is 81xxxxxx23 ; is this correct?

I don't know why it fails but don't use sysUpdater, it's only for sysnand !
It's normal too have "program already exists" , it's not an error. What's your region ?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

i chose Old3ds FW 9.8.0-25 for the version i only put "US" not "USA" but it didnt say any error, also i didnt check "change version numbers to"

pakrett

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi Sir,

US region sir.. Should i try installing Cias again using BBM?
and I'm not sure if i have the correct Slot.. my md5 is 81xxxxxx23 ; is this correct?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

i chose Old3ds FW 9.8.0-25 for the version i only put "US" not "USA" but it didnt say any error, also i didnt check "change version numbers to"

I have one last trick for you if you want to try :

Downgrade to 4.2 with the Gateway Launcher. Copy this two files on the root of your SDcard :

- Launcher.dat
- gateway.dg

Then open your 3DS browser and go to this URL : http://go.gateway-3ds.com/

Go to "BACKUP SYSTEM NAND", wait...

After that go to "DOWNGRADE CONSOLE", reboot.

(If you have any game that can update your console to 5.X, 6.X, 7.X, 8.X (or 9.2 maximun), update it to this version before downgrade)

Format your emunand an retry to update it to 9.8 !

Last edited by pakrett,

happydance

Trophies
XP
Country
I got it working now @VerseHell, instructed me to put the SecureInfo_A inside the rxtools folder and it worked with no problems. BTW thanks man!

just got confused since the firmware.bin, slot0x25KeyX.binl, FBI app/tmd and downgrade mset was supposed to go in the root and I assumed the same goes for the secureinfo_a

pakrett

Trophies
XP
Country
France
what about my saves or games? are going to be deleted?
The best way is to format your sysnand without your SDcard inserted in your 3DS. Like that you don't delete anything in your SDcard and your sysnand can't see your games but your emunand can. It's like having two different 3DS in one console.

Reactions: Lerhein
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @NinStar, why you hurting your sisters