Hacking [Release] rxTools - Roxas75 3DS Toolkit [fw 2.0 - 9.2]

Status
Not open for further replies.

laramie

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh, i forgot, also specify the entrypoint you offer to test.
You can choose between ninjhax, oot3d, mset and spider.

I have two, a 3ds xl on 4.1.0-8U and a new 3ds on 9..0.0-20U. I can test the MSET, Spider, and I have a retail of Cubic Ninja. I have a ROM version of oot3d, and I might be getting a sky3ds to make that rom a 3ds game just incase GW has another exploit with a game.

Zidapi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I can think about it. The main obstacle is that i do not own a 3ds. It would be really trivial to test everything through someone else.
Btw, the new entrypoints should let rxTools run on the n3ds too.
This fills me with hope. I'm not interested in rxMode for n3DS, just the dumping and injection tools.

Reactions: cearp

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I'll chime in, since there are no Japanese consoles yet:

8.1.0-0J New 3DS LL (Japanese), access to OoT 3D Japanese, no Cubic Ninja, sorry
4.3.0-10U Original 3DS (American), access to OoT 3D US, MSET 4.x, MSET 6.x (I can probably just use Pokémon Y to update, then downgrade later via NAND mod), and spider (though my wifi on this 3DS has a short, so I'd prefer not to test under spider unless it's really needed)

Stella0219

Trophies
XP
Country
I
Ok, i didn't write about my work for a while.
As for now, i'm working basically on porting the rxTools to ALL the known userland entrypoints. This includes Oot3d, ninjhax, mset 4.x, mset 6.x and spider.
I already have the oot3d gateway exploit disassembled, and it shouldn't be too trivial to port it to mset.
Can't tell how much time this will take, i obviously release an update everytime an additional entrypoint gets achieved.
Also, i'm working on a user-friendly screenshot function and a good real-time cheat/ram dumper.
Something like AR or Gameshark can be easily done.
Sorry to be too much focused on the cfw side, but i think that can be interesting.
Once i achieved what i want, i'll go ahead with some useful tools too.

Also, i'm interested to see if various entrypoints can fix the issues for KOR users and all the others who can't get rxMode to boot.
I really want rxTool to be available for everyone.
As i already said, feel free to report any bug, even if i do not answer immediately i ways take note of them and fix/implement the code. So thanks for the help!

Last thing, i probably will soon need some beta-testers to test the new entrypoints, since i'm alone.
I would prefer ones from differend system versions and regions. Do not fill me of PMs, i'll open a request at the right moment.
That's all for now :)

I would love to be the kor beta tester if you need :)
sysnand 4.5 k spider

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You'd be breaking sig checks as well
No you wouldn't. System files (pretty much anything you can grab from CDN) do not have tickets tied to a console or NNID. The files themselves are properly signed already since you're grabbing them from CDN.

Up to FW 6.3, you can download and install every system file from CDN and install them to SYSNAND without bricking.
At 7.0/7.1 you will be able to boot, but not load the system settings app. Above that is when you would end up with a brick because of the new crypto that the GW loader breaks somehow. I've personally done all of this with a hardmodded 3DS XL to test.

Spoofing the version of the browser to install an older one would, at worst, break your browser. Not brick the whole thing. (I'm assuming on this one).

overlord00

A motherfucking birdplane
Trophies
XP
Country
overlord00 said:
You'd be breaking sig checks as well
No you wouldn't.
Spoofing the version [...], at worst, break your browser. [...].

Just gonna defend myself here for a sec.

I'm not claiming to know a great deal here.
You've pretty much backed me up with what you've said anyway.
I never said it would brick or anything drastic, only that it breaks sig checks. I agree with you that the browser probably wouldn't work and that's about it. You'd have to use something like GW to bypass the broken/incorrect checks.
Perhaps it's my terminology that is being miscommunicated.

--

In a related note, good to see continued work on this tool.
Nice work Roxas.

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
I'll chime in, since there are no Japanese consoles yet:

yeah i guess i should offer just in case, i mean i am sure there are enough beta testers, but here we go:
4.5 jpn 3ds - mset
9.2 jpn 3ds - web (oot i guess too)
8.1 jpn n3ds - oot

Reactions: daxtsu

Lord Prime

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hopefully, I have:

9.2 JPN N3DS (regular + LL) - OoT with Gateway save installed (working launcher) + Cubic Ninja with Ninjhax installed.

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
A friend on duowan said that on 2.2, the decrypted titlekeys file should be 12kb, but it is 4kb (?)
I have not tested it myself, but if anyone else is having problems with titlekey decryption... then maybe there is a problem :)

Wantija

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Probably a stupid question, but will this allow me to acess the eShop on my 9.2 3DS with the emuNAND tool or will I have to wait for KARL/OSKA to come out since I have no intention to get a flashcart at the moment?

Zidapi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Probably a stupid question, but will this allow me to acess the eShop on my 9.2 3DS with the emuNAND tool or will I have to wait for KARL/OSKA to come out since I have no intention to get a flashcart at the moment?
Yes, after booting into rxMode you can update to the latest firmware update and access eShop.

You'll need to set up emuNAND via Gateway's menu, but you don't need to own a Gateway to set one up.

Wantija

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yes, after booting into rxMode you can update to the latest firmware update and access eShop.

You'll need to set up emuNAND via Gateway's menu, but you don't need to own a Gateway to set one up.
Ok so I launch rxMode, update to 9.5, do my stuff on the eShop then do something to get back to 9.2? I should say that I'm dowbloading a few patches and VC games from there, would they still be available when I go back to 9.2?

zero2exe

Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Ok so I launch rxMode, update to 9.5, do my stuff on the eShop then do something to get back to 9.2? I should say that I'm dowbloading a few patches and VC games from there, would they still be available when I go back to 9.2?

Your downloaded games and patches will only be available in your emunand, so you'd need to play on 9.5
There's an exception for game updates if you had previously downloaded one of them in 9.2 (for example the smash bros ones, if you had 1.0.4 you can download 1.0.5 in Emunand and have it available in sysnand) but your nands must still be linked for that as far as I know.

Edit: There's also a guide to move your eshop content back to sysnand but it's a bit tricky and not noob friendly but you can check for yourself.
http://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-moving-eshop-content-from-emunand-to-sysnand.379879/

Zidapi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Your downloaded games and patches will only be available in your emunand, so you'd need to play on 9.5
There's an exception for game updates if you had previously downloaded one of them in 9.2 (for example the smash bros ones, if you had 1.0.4 you can download 1.0.5 in Emunand and have it available in sysnand) but your nands must still be linked for that as far as I know.

Edit: There's also a guide to move your eshop content back to sysnand but it's a bit tricky and not noob friendly but you can check for yourself.
http://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-moving-eshop-content-from-emunand-to-sysnand.379879/
I believe Roxas is looking at including a tool that will do just that.

cherryduck

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I offered myself as a tester earlier but without full details. For me:

N3DS, 9.0.0-20E, EUR/PAL, and my entry point is ninjhax.

I also have an original 3DS on 4.5, EUR, with DS profile exploit, web browser exploit and ninjhax.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Lol