Homebrew [RELEASE] Restored YouTube Support For Wii!

Taslimdude

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There should be no compatibility issues, did you try formatting the SD card and trying again?
It turns out it was my Memory Card. I could no longer save anything to it, even when I did a low level format with my digital camera it did not actually format it even though the camera said it formatted it successfully formatting it in Windows 7 had the same results, Windows said it successfully formatted it but did not, strange how it did not return a write error I would think if the memory card was defective Windows would give me a write error.
I got a new Memory Card and now it no longer crashes but now anything I search for comes up with no results, Maybe Youtube discovered it and is blocking it access to Youtube.

Taslimdude

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiMC Supports NTFS? Cool!! I just hooked up a NTFS Formatted USB Hard Drive tom my Wii and WiiMMC can see the folders on it.

WiisleyU

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I want WiiMC for Wii U as a little homebrew that runs media from the SD Card in HD. I like so much the Wii U browser to watch videos but sometimes my internet fails and an application that runs local files would be wonderful. The program should do exactly the same thing that it does on Wii/vWii but running on Wii U mode to suppport HD. :yayu:

DeoNaught

I'm here to steal memes and break dreams
Trophies
Website
Gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Nice project, nice to know that the wii isnt dead.

I have like two questions though.

Does it have Gamecube controller support?

And the homebrew should work If I put it on my Usb instead?

Sticksandstones

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does it have Gamecube controller support?

And the homebrew should work If I put it on my Usb instead?
GameCube controller support was added to WiiMC-SS (download that here). All you need to do in order to implement the differences from WiiMC-yt to this is replace WiiMC-SS's onlinemedia.xml file with the one from WiiMC-yt.

Also, Homebrew Channel can load it from USB if it's in usb:\apps\wiimc-yt\boot.dol

Last edited by Sticksandstones,

incidentallyscribble

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
can you send it to my mail or in the forum?
The code for the online xml is as follows (it's pretty basic)--
Code:
<link name="YouTube" type="search" addr="http://107.191.118.141/cgi-bin/youtube.py?watch=" />
<link name="YouTube - Search" type="search" addr="http://107.191.118.141/cgi-bin/youtube.py?query=" />
You can see the full python server thingy over at https://github.com/Winter-Knight/wiimc-youtube courtesy of @Winter-Knight

Reactions: mrbrue

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Materia_tofu @ Materia_tofu: this is true! i learned how to make soundfont remixes from a friend back in 2021 +1