Homebrew [RELEASE] Restored YouTube Support For Wii!

incidentallyscribble

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The download no longer works. :-( It downloads as an HTML file with an incorrect extension of a zip. Here is a snapshot of the HTML file when the extension is corrected...

View attachment 120510

I know this is a bit old and I don't know if this application is still supported/being developed or not, but I just soft modded my old Wii recently and would love to have the ability to watch Youtube on it.

-Thanks!
Will fix.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Someone test this, it was not uploaded by me and I cannot test it now. If it is not real, I will find my old PC and reup it later.
https://mega.nz/#!cKZQQZJQ!8U4i5yaqzrJGw9cAaIpAYjIdKT8r_sIUL67cdM_70lg

Reactions: cvskid

Image64Labs

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
image64labs.wixsite.com
XP
Country
United States
Will fix.

Someone test this, it was not uploaded by me and I cannot test it now. If it is not real, I will find my old PC and reup it later.
ill take a look at it

Will fix.

Yep tested YouTube is working on it

Last edited by Image64Labs,

EddieEddie90

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
well if you have your vwii softmodded then theres a chance that i might work but due to my wiiu being bricked and will never be fixed i can't say

I tried Wii MC a few months ago on vWii and it doesn't play any video files. A shame you bricked your vWii... how did you do it though...?

7Epic7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have been using this and it is working great but I can't figure out how to rewind or fast-forward, I can only play and pause. does anyone know how to skip to a certain place in the video or am I missing something obvious?

WiiHomebrew+Snes

Member of GBAtemp's shadow district
Trophies
Website
www.lucar.io
XP
Country
United States
Time to watch 10 hours of Nyan Cat, fresh from 2009 > : D but seriously, this is great! the only thing missing as far as media support was YT. I just hope they don't get rid of netflix/hulu support :PP

GhostHero182

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Sathya

GBAtemp Professional Poetry maker
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
when did this get revived? by revived i mean the page.

it could be the 500GB bandwidth limit got maxed out
I mean when i search new videos. Example:
First video john legend all of me and second video is clavin harris feels and then ed sheeran perfect. And the last video i got the error message. But when i search another video its work fine. Yes little bit wierd.

nulln

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hello, I'm trying to use this with my own youtube.py server (found the link earlier in the thread) but every search gives me "Your search did not match any media files.". I've set the servers in onlinemedia.xml to my IP's, and the server does work because going to
Code:
my-ip/cgi-bin/youtube.py?query=hello
does give me a list of results. I'm using the WiiMC from the mega link earlier. Can someone help?

edit: got it to work. use apache2 as a web server, configure to run python scripts, give the user www-data permissions to whatever folder you choose for the downloaded files. don't forget youtube-dl!

Last edited by nulln,

Deleted member 466238

Trophies
XP
For some reason YouTube isn't working for me.
Wherever I try to search something, it just says: ''No Results Found. Your search did not match any media files.'' so I can't find any videos.
I'm choosing both ''YouTube'' and ''YouTube - Search'' options.

Please help :C

Last edited by Deleted member 466238,
Reactions: Letupi14

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Is it safe to update a modded ps3? Can I play online in pirated games? (with ps3hen either...