Hacking [RELEASE] PS4 RetroArch Port (Unofficial)

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@ploggy , I got it sorted:

1640549514649.png

Reactions: ploggy

A5H73Y

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Really interesting posts here, congrats on your findings @godreborn !

Has anybody manged to get PCSX2 working on PS4's RetroArch? I'd updated the config to point to the official buildbot url and downloaded the PS2 core but as I understand it should be in a format of "pcsx2_libretro_ps4.self" instead of "pcsx2_libretro.dll", tried to see if there's anything obvious on OsirisX's Github Project that could handle this, but with no understanding of C/C++ I didn't get very far.

Reactions: godreborn

A5H73Y

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
retroarch doesn't seem to be built with OpenOrbis. you can tell by the environmental variable which sdk it's for.
I believe it does, the Makefile.ps4 has a dependency for "OO_PS4_TOOLCHAIN" to be set, it also invokes "$(OO_PS4_TOOLCHAIN)/bin/$(CDIR)/create-fself"

Reactions: Lineacero

A5H73Y

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If you're using OsirizX's RetroArch as your base then you can see he uses Makefile.ps4:
(github) /OsirizX/RetroArch/blob/ps4_r4/Makefile.ps4

A5H73Y

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
@godreborn Not sure if it's because I'm on Windows, but I'm fighting an endless battle.
I've tried creating a .bat file that would simulate having a linux system using the Makefile.ps4 (similar to the OO samples), but having issues building C & C++ files in the right folders with clang.
Tried installing gnuwin32 with the 'make' tool to run Makefile.ps4 and making small adjustments to fix the build and now I get
Code:
$ make -f Makefile.ps4
clang --target=x86_64-pc-freebsd12-elf -funwind-tables -std=c11 -DORBIS -D__ORBIS__ -DHAVE_OOSDK -I. -Idefines -Imemory/ps4 -Ideps -Ideps/7zip -Ideps/libz -Ilibretro-common/include -Ideps/stb -Ilibretro-common/include/compat/zlib -Ideps/rcheevos/include  -DHAVE_OPENGLES3 -DHAVE_SOCKET_LEGACY -DHAVE_LIBRETRODB -DHAVE_SHADERPIPELINE -DHAVE_GIT_VERSION -DGIT_VERSION=66daf89d77 -DHAVE_DR_MP3 -DHAVE_CONFIGFILE -DHAVE_RUNAHEAD -DHAVE_CC_RESAMPLER -DHAVE_LANGEXTRA -DHAVE_IMAGEVIEWER -DHAVE_MENU -DHAVE_GFX_WIDGETS -DHAVE_RGUI -DHAVE_MATERIALUI -DHAVE_XMB -DHAVE_OZONE -DHAVE_OVERLAY -DHAVE_VIDEO_LAYOUT -DHAVE_STB_FONT -DHAVE_THREADS -DHAVE_OPENGL -DHAVE_OPENGLES -DHAVE_OPENGLES2 -DHAVE_EGL -DHAVE_GLSL -DHAVE_7ZIP -D_7ZIP_ST -DHAVE_ZLIB -DHAVE_CHD -DWANT_SUBCODE -DWANT_RAW_DATA_SECTOR -DHAVE_RTGA -DHAVE_RPNG -DHAVE_RJPEG -DHAVE_RBMP -DHAVE_NETWORKING -DHAVE_NETWORK_CMD -DHAVE_CHEEVOS -DRC_DISABLE_LUA -DHAVE_COMPRESSION -DHAVE_MAIN -DRARCH_INTERNAL -DRARCH_CONSOLE -DHAVE_FILTERS_BUILTIN -DHAVE_XMB -DHAVE_RGUI -DHAVE_OZONE -DHAVE_ONLINE_UPDATER -DHAVE_UPDATE_CORES -DHAVE_UPDATE_ASSETS -emit-obj -O3 -o memory/ps4/user_mem.o memory/ps4/user_mem.c
memory/ps4/user_mem.c:1:13: fatal error: 'stdlib.h' file not found
<U+FEFF>#include <stdlib.h>
                 ^~~~~~~~~~
1 error generated.
make: *** [memory/ps4/user_mem.o] Error 1
Have you had any success?

Geesehoward79

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Really interesting posts here, congrats on your findings @godreborn !

Has anybody manged to get PCSX2 working on PS4's RetroArch? I'd updated the config to point to the official buildbot url and downloaded the PS2 core but as I understand it should be in a format of "pcsx2_libretro_ps4.self" instead of "pcsx2_libretro.dll", tried to see if there's anything obvious on OsirisX's Github Project that could handle this, but with no understanding of C/C++ I didn't get very far.

Use ps2-pkg instead.

DivineZeus

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi guys, thanks for this awesome port. I recently tried it on my ps4 pro 9.00 with vr and runs at 120hz? is there something wrong with psvr and retroarch i am not aware of? and by the way, vr is supported for what? virtual boy? thanks in advance.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Sonic Angel Knight, Meth cake lol