Hacking [RELEASE] PS4 RetroArch Port (Unofficial)

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks if I decide to try i'll go look for it there :)
I'd say just use docker. it's gotta be a very old post. you may be able to use a docker file from the retroarch. I remember lm's homebrew store has a docker file, so you don't even need to install orbisdev in that event. that was the first thing I ever compiled, with the help of lm.

Reactions: ploggy

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm, looks like the docker maybe for linux only.
you can use it in windows as well. however, some commands may only work in linux. stuff like rm, mkdir, cp, etc. work in windows, but others like apt-get, only work in linux. though, it is true that I haven't had much luck with playstation consoles outside of linux. Nintendo consoles are not a problem, but playstation is. I did compile something for the vita and msys though, but that's rare.

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
you can use it in windows as well. however, some commands may only work in linux. stuff like rm, mkdir, cp, etc. work in windows, but others like apt-get, only work in linux. though, it is true that I haven't had much luck with playstation consoles outside of linux. Nintendo consoles are not a problem, but playstation is. I did compile something for the vita and msys though, but that's rare.
I cant find a download for the docker either :/
yeah, I've managed to compiled some WiiU RA stuff with a Dockerfile pretty easily.

Reactions: godreborn

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
not every repo has a docker file. a lot of them don't, so that may be one of them.
It states in the repos readme:
This repo also uses CI/CD to create a docker image called orbisdev/orbisdev:latestper change. This is quite useful if you're a developer that want to create/port an application to the PS4. So, you just can go there and compile your project using this docker image.
Usually it would be in the Actions tab of the repo but any download I see there is expired and too big to be a dockerfile.

I think ill give this a pass until I find a proper dockerfile :P

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm going to try compiling retroarch again, the official one. my orbisdev seems to be too old though, because it doesn't understand one of the functions, and it errors almost immediately. hopefully, I can still compile orbisdev:

1678122218969.png

Post automatically merged:

I'm compiling oribsdev right now. for some reason, it couldn't detect clang, so I had to remove it, then reinstall.

Last edited by godreborn,
Reactions: Doneo and ploggy

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'm going to try compiling retroarch again, the official one. my orbisdev seems to be too old though, because it doesn't understand one of the functions, and it errors almost immediately. hopefully, I can still compile orbisdev:

View attachment 357477

I'm compiling oribsdev right now. for some reason, it couldn't detect clang, so I had to remove it, then reinstall.
Great!
You may need this specific Retroarch repo
https://github.com/orbisdev/RetroArch
I'm not sure if thats stuff has been merged into Retroarch master yet?

Try and compile the libretro-2048 core first to check if everything with your setup is working.
I'm not sure what the Compile command is.. perhaps: make -f Makefile.libretro platform=orbis
If it compiles you can add this to another of the cores:

# Orbis(PS4)
else ifeq ($(platform), orbis)
TARGET := $(TARGET_NAME)_libretro_$(platform).a
CC = clang
CXX = clang++
AR = orbis-ar
PLATFORM_DEFINES := -DORBIS
CFLAGS += -isysroot $(ORBISDEV)
STATIC_LINKING = 1

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Great!
You may need this specific Retroarch repo
https://github.com/orbisdev/RetroArch
I'm not sure if thats stuff has been merged into Retroarch master yet?

Try and compile the libretro-2048 core first to check if everything with your setup is working, if it compiles you can add this to another of the cores:

Then compile with that :D
unfortunately, I got errors with openorbis, so I just now updated cmake. hopefully, it doesn't happen this time. that is the most frustrating thing about compiling, not having complete instructions or no instructions.

damn, failed at same spot.

it looks like that dotnet doesn't find several commands in ubuntu, but I just installed it easily on debian. that must be what they're using.

Last edited by godreborn,
Reactions: ploggy

ultimatepump

Trophies
XP
Country
Hello, I installed it and it works great! Does anyone know if we can add more roms, cd images and cores? I ran the online updater and it shows no cores to download. I just want to add my PCE isos and 3DO and NeoGeo CD

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
anybody tried this? Is this a new Retroarch version or old Osirix one?

Not sure. You may be able to tell by size or testing the pkg. Osiris one uses open orbis, but the official one uses or will use orbisdev. No idea why, because orbisdev is old.

Levingard

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I try to Set the Sound Driver to ps4. I installed cores 4.1 Set the nightly 86_64 in retroatch.cfg and Set Experimental to true. But No Option to Set Sound Output to ps4. I have updated everything thriug online Updater. Cores Said all uptodate. I can inly choose Orbis or null.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: So negative