[Release] PS1 Forwarder Creator

Discussion in '3DS - ROM Hacking, Translations and Utilities' started by Sakitoshi, Oct 15, 2019.

1. Popiui

Popiui Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 5, 2018
    United States
    Most of the games that I convert with this works fine. But for some reason, FF7 goes through the entire building prosses and then just doesn't build. It's the only game I've tested so far that does that.

2. mal_

mal_ Member

Newcomer
    Apr 27, 2019
    Austria
    what error do you get? do you have all the discs on the pbp?

3. Popiui

Popiui Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 5, 2018
    United States
    I have all 3 discs in the pbp. and no error messages appear. it just says "Finished" and nothing is there.

4. mal_

mal_ Member

Newcomer
    Apr 27, 2019
    Austria
    Did you dump the game? You probably should get a working dump.

5. Senornignug

Senornignug Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 23, 2019
    United States
    I made my own pbp files using psx2psp for ctr, crash warped, jojo, twisted metal, and area 51 and they all kicked me out to the home menu when i booted it up. Is there something im missing? Thanks

6. NanashiFinal13

NanashiFinal13 GBAtemp Regular

May 1, 2017
    Argentina
    I have the same issue with FF8 and i "solve it" like this: Open the injector and put your room, image, ect. Before clicking on "Build Cia", move your rom to other folder, then buld the cia. The injector will build the cia without rom. Extract the cia with hackingtoolkit9ds, when finish the extraction, put your rom on romfs forlder, rename your rom to "game.pbp". Then rebuild the cia and your done.

7. Sakitoshi
    OP

Sakitoshi GBAtemp Official Lolimaster

May 8, 2012
    Chile
    behind a keyboard or a gamepad
    sorry, no.
    the whole thing is written in autohotkey, so it isn't portable unless I rewrite everything from scratch and my c/c++ knowledge is minimal.
    I can open source it, I'm even asking myself why I haven't put it on github already.

no todos los juegos son 100% compatibles, asi que hay algunos problemas, revisa el thread de compatibilidad que esta en el faq del op. que juego es a todo esto?
    chilean joke

translation:
    not all games are 100% compatible, so some problems are to be had, checkout the compatibility thread in the faq of the op. which game is it?

I haven't tried sotn, but sounds like a compatibility problem.
    I can't do anything about the performance, I'm not the guy behind the emulator itself, just this tool to facilitate its usage.

I noticed that big pbp's had problems and in the new version I updated the tools used to create the cias, so try again.

Sound like the pbp's aren't working, try using them with retroarch on pc to test them.

No need for that, try the new version of the creator where the problem should be solved.

Last edited by Sakitoshi, Oct 24, 2019
    Zense likes this.
  8. Zense

Zense GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Apr 20, 2008
    Italy
    Thanks for the 1.7.1 update! I won't be able to test it until next week but it looks very promising from the changelog! :grog:

9. mal_

mal_ Member

Newcomer
    Apr 27, 2019
    Austria
    The New 1.7.1 update is awesome! Making Games work faster is now really easy because of the presets! The CHD works great, too! Hopefully the games showing a black screen will work.

Zense likes this.
  10. ShelterScratch

ShelterScratch Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 22, 2017
    Italy
    BTW props to you for the creator, it is really simple to use and I love it.
    But isn't there any way to enable the full emulator options other than using the Retroarch CIA?

EDIT: It would also be great if it was possible to select a banner image and a small icon image, if that is even a thing.

Last edited by ShelterScratch, Oct 24, 2019
  11. kkusagami

kkusagami GBAtemp Regular

Sep 14, 2009
    Malaysia
    Digimon World 2003 not working on 1.7.1 ,black screen stuck at nintendo3ds screen.

Edit: i was playing with some options but still nothing works ,being converted into 5 different settings ,all ended up in blackscreen.Only 1.7.0 works flawlessly on me.

Last edited by kkusagami, Oct 24, 2019
  12. Sakitoshi
    OP

May 8, 2012
    Chile
    I broke some things, try with version 1.7.3.

13. kkusagami

Sep 14, 2009
    Malaysia
    wow ,thank you.

I've tested some settings,vertical sync with 100 cpu clock ,the game runs at 1.5 x speed ,but it has static background noise.

Without vertical sync with 100 cpu clock, the game runs at normal 50~60fps and no more static noise.
    edit : but in battle it went down to 20~30 fps. Still 1.7.0 works better than newer version in some meaning.

Last edited by kkusagami, Oct 25, 2019
  14. litlnicky

litlnicky Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 16, 2019
    United Kingdom
    hi any chance you could make games run in fullscreen> thanks

15. checkerchairs

checkerchairs Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 11, 2014
    Australia
    Just wanted to leave a small note that, with people getting crashes with dumped games, if it's a PAL version, PSX2PSP didn't work for me - but another converter (I can't post links yet, since I'm a newbie - search "PSXImpaler" , the first link was the one that worked for me) with the PAL to NTSC patch. Sadly Spyro 2 seems to still run slowly if it's the PAL version - shame, I wanted to use my own dump ^^;

16. Senornignug

Senornignug Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 23, 2019
    United States
    Sound like the pbp's aren't working, try using them with retroarch on pc to test them.
    [/QUOTE]

I tried them on retroarch but whenever i tried booting them, it would say could not load content. Im not sure why the pbp's wouldnt work. I also tested the roms alone and they worked just fine.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

I tried them on retroarch but whenever i tried booting them, it would say could not load content. Im not sure why the pbp's wouldnt work. I also tested the roms alone and they worked just fine.[/QUOTE]
    Also im using PSX2PSP v1.4

17. Sakitoshi
    OP

May 8, 2012
    Chile
    you can try using other tools to create pbp.
    I found and uploaded popsconv and impaler psx which seem easier to use than psx2psp.
    https://gbatemp.net/download/impalers-psx-eboot-creator.36224/
    https://gbatemp.net/download/pops-converter.36225/

or if the game is a single disc you can try chd.

Last edited by Sakitoshi, Oct 27, 2019
    Nutez likes this.
  18. kkusagami

Sep 14, 2009
    Malaysia

Zense likes this.
  19. TheBeverage

TheBeverage Member

Newcomer
    Mar 13, 2015
    United States
    Is there any application that has its own ROM list, almost like a standalone emulator, that forwards to this?
    It'd be nice to have my games in one application but not have to use Retroarch's menus. Thanks!

20. Ikr

Ikr Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 28, 2019
    Spain
    Hi! It needs clear play history after play? I dont know how do it :(

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted