Hacking [RELEASE] Pasta CFW without Cubic Ninja - MSET (4.x old3ds)

nop90

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
well it returns to the home menu but without my installed cia's or devmenu, fbi and so on.

Because your CIA are installed in emunand (Palantine CFW needs a pre-injected emunand image on SD), while PBT or PASTA only return on your sysnand without the sign check limitation. Nothing can appear for magic on your sysnand menu if you don't install it.

Install PBT-CFW, with it install dev menu on sysnand (as ypo did on you emunand) than replace PBT with PASTA and reinstall all your CIA.

You can dump saves from emunand with savedatafiler and reimport them in sysnand with the same program.

Reactions: Margen67

Retronix

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok, got it to work until it flashes white, and a blue screen stays on top, but other than that it doesnt do much, whats worng?

StriderVM

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm already on Palantine CFW, should I just replace my current (Palatine)Launcher.dat with Pasta's Launcher.dat and still be able to play my saved games? Thanks!

I also have a DevMenu running, will I still be able to get it running after changing to Pasta?

No. I have tried that. It won't work. You need to first use PBT-CFW, reinstall DevMenu from there and then reinstall every game.

And yes, you also lose your saves as well. As references to your save files are in the emuNAND.

kiryu1

Trophies
XP
Country
No. I have tried that. It won't work. You need to first use PBT-CFW, reinstall DevMenu from there and then reinstall every game.

And yes, you also lose your saves as well. As references to your save files are in the emuNAND.

Hello Kababayan!

Too bad.. Guess I'll stick with my Palatine for the meantime, I already forgot where I got my games(undubbed RPGs) and I don't want to start-again.

StriderVM

Trophies
XP
Country
Hello Kababayan!

Too bad.. Guess I'll stick with my Palatine for the meantime, I already forgot where I got my games(undubbed RPGs) and I don't want to start-again.

Magandang umaga din kababayan. :P

Actually there might be a solution for that. Use SaveDataFiler. However that tool is so user unfriendly I wouldn't be able to help you find the save file you want to backup. I was successful in using SaveDataFiler to backup my Shin Megami Tensei IV save in a Classic 3DS (Which I sold) and transfer it to a 3DS XL (Because the developer has decided to name their savefile in a generous manner.). Both are on Palantine CFW.

OR. Get a new SD card and use PasteCFW (MSET) on that and keep your older SD card for Palantine.

Or we wait for an emuNAND version of PastaCFW. :P

Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Sometimes it hangs after flashing white. It should reboot if it works.
This could be off topic but do you have any plans on working on a spider port after you're done with MSET? I feel like a Spider version is neglected amongst the Pasta community even though it's one of the better exploits considering it doesn't mess with the DS features and works on 2.0-9.2 without the need to downgrade or upgrade anything, which is much easier for the average users.

Reactions: zhdarkstar

Retronix

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
overall this has been the most painful hack experience I've ever had, now when i look for my 3ds ip address is my local network ip (10.0.0.x) it shows this:
SbM8hFp.png

any thoughts on this?

powersaver

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it possible to use MSET with PastaCFW on 9.2 with downgraded System Settings?

I thought it was possible to use MSET on 9.2 if System Settings was downgraded and was wondering if this could be combined to use PastaCFW w/o NinjaHaxx on 9.2. Thanks.

CravingCritic

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it possible to use MSET with PastaCFW on 9.2 with downgraded System Settings?

I thought it was possible to use MSET on 9.2 if System Settings was downgraded and was wondering if this could be combined to use PastaCFW w/o NinjaHaxx on 9.2. Thanks.

Nop90 has been working on porting it to various sysNAND versions. AFAIK his current task is 7x, then moving on to 9.x. Turns out porting the code from 4.x wasn't as easy as changing a few values, and I'm assuming that it's due to the ROP chain needing to be changed between sysNAND versions, regardless of the MSET version.

Though, this begs to question why the GW launcher works on all sysNAND versions as long as you have 4.x MSET.

StriderVM

Trophies
XP
Country
overall this has been the most painful hack experience I've ever had, now when i look for my 3ds ip address is my local network ip (10.0.0.x) it shows this:
SbM8hFp.png

any thoughts on this?

Unless Command-Index says "0" , then it isn't successful. :(

piratesephiroth

I wish I could read
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Nop90 has been working on porting it to various sysNAND versions. AFAIK his current task is 7x, then moving on to 9.x. Turns out porting the code from 4.x wasn't as easy as changing a few values, and I'm assuming that it's due to the ROP chain needing to be changed between sysNAND versions, regardless of the MSET version.

Though, this begs to question why the GW launcher works on all sysNAND versions as long as you have 4.x MSET.
It doesn't support mset under anything but 4.1-4.5 on the O3DS.
It only supports mset under 9.x on the N3DS

Reactions: Margen67

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sGClRsx0x64