[Release] Monster Hunter Stories Translation

Discussion in '3DS - ROM Hacking, Translations and Utilities' started by dasding, Apr 20, 2017.

1. JackTheRipper927

JackTheRipper927 Newbie

Newcomer
    May 5, 2018
    Philippines
    Im just asking bro no need to be harsh i was asking because i have a android version of monster hunter stories

bomigoton likes this.
  2. Canzah

Canzah GBAtemp Fan

Jul 8, 2012
    Poland
    Any chance you'll port over text from the English version to the JP one and translate the contents of 1.2 and 1.3 patches that western version never got?

ExData7 and DarkSynopsis like this.
  3. TheGuyMadeOfTofu

TheGuyMadeOfTofu GBAtemp Fan

Nov 18, 2016
    I assume that this issue never got address? Or are you the only one with this issue?

4. wakka12

wakka12 Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 31, 2013
    France
    Any news on this?

bomigoton likes this.
  5. ExData7

ExData7 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 10, 2017
    United States
    Will the new content from updates 1.2 & 1.3 be English patched? and will the base game be translated fully using the Localized version? or does this project no longer spark interest?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

bomigoton likes this.
  6. bomigoton

bomigoton GBAtemp Regular

Mar 8, 2009
    Gambia, The
  7. ghjfdtg

ghjfdtg GBAtemp Regular

Jul 13, 2014
    That's surprising. But the western 3DS version is still left in the dust:(

8. OppaiDaisuke

OppaiDaisuke Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 29, 2018
    Philippines
    Any tutorial for translation on android amg how to enable luma? Pease

9. Azmodanlol

Azmodanlol Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 30, 2018
    Chile
    I did not understand how to install just copied everything to the sd card and ready?

10. HinaNaru Cutie

HinaNaru Cutie GBAtemp Regular

Aug 29, 2014
    United States
    Camden, New Jersey
    It's best to look up a tutorial on youtube on how to do this or ask around or even make a post on here for people can help you out.

11. endly

endly Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 10, 2018
    Indonesia
    i hope the team would continue this project, i promise it won't be a waste, because western version is not supported anymore by Capcom (Nintendo stopped it), and because of that, it feels like the western version is incomplete, so many people also stopped playing this. and honestly, i stopped playing this on my Android after i read about this news. but if the translation team would continue to complete this project, i'd be gladly to play it again on my 3DS/Citra.

12. Brood_Star

Brood_Star Member

Newcomer
    Nov 27, 2016
    Canada
    Is it confirmed that Western release is abandoned? Still have hope for updates on Android

HinaNaru Cutie likes this.
  13. ExData7

ExData7 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 10, 2017
    United States
    Probably updates on Android but for those that prefer and/or bought the Western 3ds version are gonna be left with the vanilla game. A fully translated Japanese version would be nice since that one seems to be only definitive way to play MHStories if u care about the extra content that is

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

14. HinaNaru Cutie

Aug 29, 2014
    United States
    Camden, New Jersey
    Well a user already translated the japanese version of the game and DID put the updated latest version of the game for download as well =0 you could download the english patch version of the game for monster hunter stories if you want to. But it sucks because, you need internet and if your 3ds isn't banned than you are good but if it is..pretty pointless to get the japanese english patched version because most of the content realize on internet connection and you doing battles on the tower using internet connection. I would say this that the english patched version is about 95% done. the user who made the patch did state that he isn't going to complete it since of the western version..so yeah its only 95% of the game is translated, BUT it's still pretty darn good and you can read all of it. It's just one thing that isn't translated is the NPC which sucks :/..like i mean when you talk to strangers in the main town your character was born at, you won't be able to understand them. it's still in japanese BUT if you can figure a way to understand the request they make, cause i did it was pretty easy thing to understand than you should be good. other than that great patch :v if you want the english patch for monster hunter stories version 1.3 i can give you the link to the post on here???

15. KingLo

KingLo Member

Newcomer
    Jun 20, 2017
    United States
    Can you pm me the link? I would like to try it. Thanks.

16. HinaNaru Cutie

Aug 29, 2014
    United States
    Camden, New Jersey
    I pm'd you =0

KingLo likes this.
  17. Tai Le Ree

Tai Le Ree Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 14, 2009
    United States
    Seems like it is not the case
    The japanese version has the 2 updates (The additional monsties and high rank village)
    The western version does not

18. BloodredAi

BloodredAi Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 16, 2018
    United States
    Might i ask for a link as well? Google is only turning up old news (that there's an android version... that this game got localized for the 3ds... etc)

19. HinaNaru Cutie

Aug 29, 2014
    United States
    Camden, New Jersey
    Ah!! i feel so bad for responding late ; - ; !! sorry!! um i shall p'm you now, also i will also tell you a great site where you can get the dl of the full english patch encase you don't wish to do the whole patching yourself =o. but i can't really put url just give you the name..sorry ;-;"

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

@BloodredAi & @KingLo please tell me if you go the pm that i've sent for i can know o A o. cause if you didn't receive them than i can re send them again properly.

20. CSHRNargacuga

CSHRNargacuga Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 21, 2018
    Chile
    The Moon and Antartica
    This interests me too, can you PM me the link please?