Has anyone played the Fire Emblem If fan translation recently?

baobao43

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The github says:

"This is where you'll find the latest updates to the Fire Emblem If fan translation project. Starting just after the game's Japanese release in 2015, we've managed to translate all three story paths (Hoshido, Nohr, and Invisible Kingdom), all Skinship lines, most of the NPC dialogue, and a good portion of the character support conversations."

I am an idiot so does that mean the game should be fully playable as long as I stick to the main story paths? Never played the game so I assume the unfinished part is just side quests or unnecessary? Trying to decide if I should play now and if it is worth it yet. Especially if important parts are still in Japanese,

Scarlet

Onion Soup
Editorial Team
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
scarlet.works
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The github says:

"This is where you'll find the latest updates to the Fire Emblem If fan translation project. Starting just after the game's Japanese release in 2015, we've managed to translate all three story paths (Hoshido, Nohr, and Invisible Kingdom), all Skinship lines, most of the NPC dialogue, and a good portion of the character support conversations."

I am an idiot so does that mean the game should be fully playable as long as I stick to the main story paths? Never played the game so I assume the unfinished part is just side quests or unnecessary? Trying to decide if I should play now and if it is worth it yet. Especially if important parts are still in Japanese,
I played the If fan translation project before the official localisation was a thing, and I had no issues. I don't think I went through every support conversation, but I recall it being a good time.

Reactions: baobao43

baobao43

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I played the If fan translation project before the official localisation was a thing, and I had no issues. I don't think I went through every support conversation, but I recall it being a good time.
Cool. I am trying to decide which to play. A lot of people complained about the official translation and localization missing content. So I was going to either try the fan translation of If or the fan retranslation of the north american version. I guess I will give the IF version a try. The "petting" games aren't important but I want the best version of the script and story.

Scarlet

Onion Soup
Editorial Team
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
scarlet.works
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Cool. I am trying to decide which to play. A lot of people complained about the official translation and localization missing content. So I was going to either try the fan translation of If or the fan retranslation of the north american version. I guess I will give the IF version a try. The "petting" games aren't important but I want the best version of the script and story.
Honestly the official localisation is fine. The story is the worst part of the game no matter which translation you opt for. Might be worth looking into story rewrites if you want a more compelling narrative.

The gameplay is stellar regardless, and you have some of the best maps of the series to play through.

Reactions: baobao43

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto