Hacking [RELEASE] Mario Kart 8 Hack Pack

How excited are you for this modpack?

• 100%! Can't wait!

Votes: 13 36.1%
  • 75%! Need more info before I will be all in.

Votes: 7 19.4%
  • 50%. Should be done by someone more experienced.

Votes: 7 19.4%
  • 25%. I won't use this, but I'll check back now and later.

Votes: 3 8.3%
  • 0%. This is stupid.

Votes: 6 16.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

The Koopa Kingdom

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I unfortunately have no idea how to edit courses. However, you can search up Ray's Track Editing guide right here which should help :)
I have a bit of a problem with this. What makes you think you can go and make the CTGP distribution for Mario Kart 8 without being competent when it comes to modding? Mr. Bean and Chadderz developed the very tools used to make Mario Kart Wii custom tracks, and PabloMK7 is skilled at modeling and knows the other aspects of Mario Kart 7 modding. But, as far as I can tell, I'm honestly not seeing much of that here. Outside of using SDCafiine, you have "no idea" how to even edit courses, and I have never seen you mentioned around this community before.

EDIT: Oh, and also, you never give credit to the people that actually made the mods, which is... bad.

Last edited by The Koopa Kingdom,

Trainiax

Certified Genius
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a bit of a problem with this. What makes you think you can go and make the CTGP distribution for Mario Kart 8 without being competent when it comes to modding? Mr. Bean and Chadderz developed the very tools used to make Mario Kart Wii custom tracks, and PabloMK7 is skilled at modeling and knows the other aspects of Mario Kart 7 modding. But, as far as I can tell, I'm honestly not seeing much of that here. Outside of using SDCafiine, you have "no idea" how to even edit courses, and I have never seen you mentioned around this community before.

EDIT: Oh, and also, you never give credit to the people that actually made the mods, which is... bad.
I know this is not probably the perfect CTGP. However, there are currently no modpacks for Mario Kart 8, something I hate. I'd be happy for MrBean or PabloMK7 or whoever to make their own modpack. ANd also, download the file. There is a credits.txt included.

Reactions: frogboy

nitroBW

warum nicht?
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Sooo... compiling mods from others, not even crediting them, somehow is okay, huh..

I get that many people want to make a CTGP, but having literally only 2 CTs exactly kills that name, its not a ctgp its a simple modpack/hack
I'd suggest you to learn how to mod the game yourself and contribute something before starting such a (big) project.
Good luck with this, though, I wonder how thid will turn out.

Trainiax

Certified Genius
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sooo... compiling mods from others, not even crediting them, somehow is okay, huh..

I get that many people want to make a CTGP, but having literally only 2 CTs exactly kills that name, its not a ctgp its a simple modpack/hack
I'd suggest you to learn how to mod the game yourself and contribute something before starting such a (big) project.
Good luck with this, though, I wonder how thid will turn out.
There is a Credits.txt inside the download. And what's wrong with an early start? While there are only 2 complete CTs, there are many other fun mods that this game has.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

You know, it'd be nice to at least tell people you are going to use their mods in a mod pack.
Would you like me to remove Sonic from the mod pack?

nitroBW

warum nicht?
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
There is a Credits.txt inside the download. And what's wrong with an early start? While there are only 2 complete CTs, there are many other fun mods that this game has.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Would you like me to remove Sonic from the mod pack?
Asking for permissions and properly crediting users would be a great way to actually start a project like this. A .txt file is not enough lol how about you actually include them in the post for making the stuff you compile?
As I said, you can make a modpack, nothing wrong with that, but already calling it CTGP kinda removes the meaning of CTGP.

Trainiax

Certified Genius
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
UPDATE ON THE MODPACK
As nitroBW has brought up, this is not a true CTGP. There are only two custom tracks, and I have no skills in actually modding. So if a forum mod could help me, I would like to rename this project "Mario Kart 8 Hack Pack". Huili Gou, the creator of Mario Kart Wii Hack Pack has said he is not making one for Mario Kart 8. Therefore, I find this the perfect opportunity to make this mod something it is. A Hack Pack. When a mod renames the title of this thread to "[RELEASE] Mario Kart 8 Hack Pack", I will make an update to this pack. Thank you to everyone who has given me support, and everyone who has given me constructive criticism. Cheers.

Reactions: The Koopa Kingdom

CorBond57

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Would you like me to remove Sonic from the mod pack?[/QUOTE]
nah, it's alright. But i'd rather that you at least ask or tell me next time you use one of my mods.

D

Deleted User

Can you credit autors in the actual post, please?
No one will look at credits.txt so smash them in your post @OP.

Reactions: DarthDub

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    T @ Texasauras: SOLILOQUY