Hacking [RELEASE] Mario Kart 8 Hack Pack

How excited are you for this modpack?

• 100%! Can't wait!

Votes: 13 36.1%
  • 75%! Need more info before I will be all in.

Votes: 7 19.4%
  • 50%. Should be done by someone more experienced.

Votes: 7 19.4%
  • 25%. I won't use this, but I'll check back now and later.

Votes: 3 8.3%
  • 0%. This is stupid.

Votes: 6 16.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Trainiax

Certified Genius
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fidget spinner?
Why?
Because it was available to download, so Wynaut?
Can you please make sonic, like, not ride in a kart?
Unlike Mario Kart Wii, Kart and Character files are not stored separately. So Sonic will always be in a kart, unless someone makes an invisible kart. He'd just be floating on air then, and everyone else would too.

Trainiax

Certified Genius
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Update coming soon!
CHANGELOG v1.0.1
  • Renaming project from CTGP-U to Mario Kart 8 Hack Pack
  • Added Waluigi Racer by KillzXGaming
  • Added Hornet Automatic and Hornet Tires by CorBond
  • Added DS Shroom Ridge Remix Music by JoshhMarsh
  • Added Credits to main page of this thread
.7z file should be uploaded in about a half hour and I will update main page when that happens.

Cheers!

Reactions: nitroBW

Trainiax

Certified Genius
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Update coming soon!
CHANGELOG v1.0.2
  • Replaced Grand Dad with Sonic
  • Added Super Sonic by CorBond
  • Added "I'll Be Your 1-Up Girl" by Nintendo
  • Added "Wii Koopa Cape Remix" by JoshhMarsh
  • Added "GCN Daisy Cruiser Remix" by JoshhMarsh
  • Added "GCN DK Mountain Remix" by Panman14
.7z file should be uploaded in about a half hour and I will update main page when that happens.

Cheers!

Reactions: Deleted-379826

Shadow Fyre

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I installed everything in the .zip, but whenever I load sdcaffiine from the homebrew launcher it just goes to a black screen and stays there.

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
Great work! I tried this out, just now but I'm not sure it even worked for me. I changed the id over to EU on the sd card with the correct apps in the wiiu folder, started up sdcaffine ran MK8 but nothing had changed I think?. Just a quick know how on what to do, what would I look for in the menus to see if its worked or not, if I selected a character say for example to sonic which I could not find or a custom track for that matter, which ones do I select? I'm not using mocha as you instructed, I'm just loading off the cfw system menu with cbhc, it should do exactly the same job as your instructions using mocha or if not please tell me why?

Last edited by Reecey,

Trainiax

Certified Genius
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Great work! I tried this out, just now but I'm not sure if it even worked for me. I changed the id over to EU on the sd card with the correct apps in the wiiu folder, started up sdcaffine ran MK8 but nothing had changed I think?. Just a quick know how, what would I look for in the menus to see if its worked or not, if I selected a character say for example to sonic which I could not find or a custom track for that matter, which ones do I select? I'm not using mocha as you instructed, I'm just loading off the cfw system menu with cbhc, it should do exactly the same job as your instructions using mocha or if not please tell me why?
Sonic is Mario, which should be the first to pop up. Custom tracks are on Mario Kart Stadium and GBA Mario Circuit.

Reecey

Trophies
XP
Country
It should work, however I don't have a EU console or game to test with. Are you on disc or digital?
Digital, does that make a difference? I would really like to test your work out, it sounds very interesting. I think you have done a fabulous job with this custom MK8.

Trainiax

Certified Genius
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Digital, does that make a difference? I would really like to test your work out, it sounds very interesting. I think you have done a fabulous job with this custom MK8.
Make sure you title id is 000500001010ED00. Not sure if it'll do anything but go into the sdcafiine, then titleid, then ui, and rename the ue folder to "ee".

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Oh and also are you running mocha first?

Reecey

Trophies
XP
Country
Make sure you title id is 000500001010ED00. Not sure if it'll do anything but go into the sdcafiine, then titleid, then ui, and rename the ue folder to "ee".

Oh and also are you running mocha first?
I will test the id out. No I'm just using cbhc and running cfw system menu and then running sdcaffine in homebrew launcher. I will try it in mocha to see if it works but using it with cbhc cfw system menu should be the same as running mocha, its no different they all run full signature patches.

@Trainiax does it matter if the eu id is like>000500001010ED00 or should it be 00050000-1010ED00?

Trainiax

Certified Genius
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I will test the id out. No I'm just using cbhc and running cfw system menu and then running sdcaffine in homebrew launcher. I will try it in mocha to see if it works but using it with cbhc cfw system menu should be the same as running mocha, its no different they all run full signature patches.

@Trainiax does it matter if the eu id is like>000500001010ED00 or should it be 00050000-1010ED00?
No dash, and try Mocha. I don't know why, but for some reason it's the only thing that works for me.

Reecey

Trophies
XP
Country
No dash, and try Mocha. I don't know why, but for some reason it's the only thing that works for me.
I will test Mocha out with it then, if you say that's what worked for you but are you using cbhc? it should really do the same job as cbhcI'm going to give it ago i shall come back let you know!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @SylverReZ, Indeed lol