Hacking [Release] Haxchi Installer 1.2 (Noob friendly)

yka1988

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
9d1e3ded97814ec63f0fa4676631590e.jpg

Don't mind me, just leaving this image here to get rid of that awful thumbnail in the thread overview

MockyLock

Trophies
XP
Country
France
'llo here
I tried the script with Brain Training on sysNAND, everything went good, telling me the installation was successfull... but it's still booting Brain Training... Plus the icons didn't change...
Strange ?

EDIT : I donwloaded the game a few days ago for the mod so it should be the good version.

EDIT2 : i did it a second time, now it's good :)
Dunno what happened...

Last edited by MockyLock,

Spearel18

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
We must buy one of those games from the eShop? can't we just install one of those titles with wupinstaller ?
You can, but then you can't use it until you first run the fw.img...
That means you still have to use the browser exploit first.
And the whole point of doing haxchi, is you can boot hbl (and any other homebrew) right from console boot. And you never need the browser exploit ever again.

Last edited by Spearel18,

Speighty1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hopefully someone can explain this for me.

I just setup rednand yesterday so if I'm correct if I follow the steps for this won't it just boot my rednand and not allow me to install haxchi.

The fw.img I have on my sd root is used to boot the rednand.

Spearel18

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Hopefully someone can explain this for me.

I just setup rednand yesterday so if I'm correct if I follow the steps for this won't it just boot my rednand and not allow me to install haxchi.

The fw.img I have on my sd root is used to boot the rednand.
You can install a rednand forwarder on sysnand with this, but you have to change the fw.img with the wupserver one for the install.
After haxchi is done you can change it back for rednand fw.img.

Speighty1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
You can install a rednand forwarder on sysnand with this, but you have to change the fw.img with the wupserver one for the install.
After haxchi is done you can change it back for rednand fw.img.

Thanks, thats what I needed to know.

Are there instructions anywhere for creating the wupserver fw.img

Last edited by Speighty1,

Spearel18

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Thanks, thats what I needed to know.

Are there instructions anywhere for creating the wupserver fw.img
I think just for this, you better just get it from "that iso site". That's what I used. Works like a charm. Search for "precompiled wupserver fw.img".

Spearel18

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Is there any way to get both the HBL and the DS game at the same time? I have Hourglass but it kinda pains me losing it xD.
Nnnope, the game is non-existent the moment you overwrite it with the modified rom.zip

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

For haxchi, just download Brain Age, its only 6 bucks in NA or £6.22 in the UK.

Last edited by Spearel18,
Reactions: OriginalHamster

plyscho

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Is there any way to get both the HBL and the DS game at the same time? I have Hourglass but it kinda pains me losing it xD.
There is a way, if your Wii U is region-free:

You could install the EUR version of the game afterwards, if your Wii U is US. Extract the savegame from the US version with Saviine and install it to the EUR version afterwards. (This will also work with the US version on EUR consoles, but the game will crash if it tries to access another language in the config menu.)

This will probably brick a Wii U that is not region-free.

Spearel18

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
There is a way, if your Wii U is region-free:

You could install the EUR version of the game afterwards, if your Wii U is US. Extract the savegame from the US version with Saviine and install it to the EUR version afterwards. (This will also work with the US version on EUR consoles, but the game will crash if it tries to access another language in the config menu.)

This will probably brick a Wii U that is not region-free.
Well...., yeah that's a solution too.

MrOzzySan

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Just as a heads up, Brain Age game appears to be free in the EU eShop.
It still shows €6,99 but when you click next then all of a sudden it says that it's free.

Reactions: KiiWii

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll reformat and have a 3tb raid0 m. 2 at least
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lmao that sold out fast
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeet the cat.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Good idea
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i thought everybody knew cocktails are like 75% ice
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah but not like this.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not like they're complaining that their Slurpee is 99% ice or something, but if the cocktail calls for "shot of vodka, shot of vermouth, shot of gin, shot of Campari, three shots of juice, squirt of lemon" and ends up being a thimbleful of booze, that's a problem.
    the funny thing is cocktails in norway are only allowed to have 1 20ml shot of booze
    so..... yeah
    we're used to only having a thimbleful of booze
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Booo.
    same thing if you want whisky on the rocks or something, you can't get a double
    but you could buy as many shots of whisky (or anything else) as you want and ask for a glass of ice and pour them in
    it's dumb
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Maybe.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There was a comparison of the number of Ibuprofen poisonings before and after they limited the maximum dosage per box or per pill (i'll look that up). No limit on the number of boxes you can still buy as many as you want, so people argued it was pointless.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    But the number of (accidental) poisonings dropped because drinking an entire package of ibuprofen pills went from "I need a new liver" to "I need a new box of Ibuprofen".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Here we have ketoprofen that used to be prescription-only because of the risk of toxic dosages, but then they halved the dose per pill and sell them in bottles of six pills apiece instead of twenty and it doesn't need a prescription any more. Yes you can buy more than one bottle but people simply don't.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Usually accidentally overdose of ibuprofen here is from people taking like cold medicine then ibuprofen for a headache and the combination is over what they need
    Veho @ Veho: https://imgur.com/gallery/QQkYnQu