Hacking [Release] Haxchi Installer 1.2 (Noob friendly)

icw35

Trophies
XP
Country
I really hope there'll be a guide with all the links to the images, sounds, how to download and upload the XML file, what strings to change in the XML, how to place the folders in the right locations, etc
so people like me don't get confused. Wishful thinking though :P I just wish everything was less spread out and more consolidated.

This guide already exists and its better than anything written on here so far....really good guide, simple process.

Search in google for digiex and haxchi guide - easy to follow. Could even copy parts of it.

[Thanks rando]

Last edited by icw35,

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This guide already exists and its better than anything written on here so far....really good guide, simple process.

*SNIP*

Might want to snip that URL though, because it contains copyrighted files, notably a fw.img. I've seen that guide, yes, but that link shouldn't be linked on here.

Spearel18

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
When the new update is out, you can run the script again, sometimes fix94 also update the rom.zip for more features.

Edit : Yeah, I didnt understand all fw.img, just use your current one (your rednand if you want to make shortcut on rednand only or sysnand if you want to make it on sysnand). They all contain wupserver
So we don't have get a fresh VCNDS rom when you update the script, just run it again and it will update it with the latest build?

vickdu31

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
So we don't have get a fresh VCNDS rom when you update the script, just run it again and it will update it with the latest build?
Correct, it will just overwrite the current haxchi files
D:\Haxchi>python -i wupclient.py
File "wupclient.py", line 33
def __init__(self, ip=10.0.0.194, port=1337):
^
SyntaxError: invalid syntax
>>>
*sigh* This is...not going well.
Did you click wupclient.py instead of haxchi_installer.py ? Did you use python 2.7 and not 3.5 ?
IP adress is correct ?
BOOT ANIMATION?!
I thought that was hashed and couldn't be modified, I believe it was bootMovie and bootLogo, are you talking about those two?
Sorry I meant bootImage of the NDS game ^^

Reactions: Spearel18

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Correct, it will just overwrite the current haxchi files

Did you click wupclient.py instead of haxchi_installer.py ? Did you use python 2.7 and not 3.5 ?
IP adress is correct ?

Yes, I'm getting the IP address from command prompt ipconfig, IPV4 address. I have both installed, but I used the command in Windows to change from 3.5 to 2.7.
I don't have any other way to show the Wii U IP :( Unless there's an app I can use that displays it?

Last edited by the_randomizer,

galneon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, I'm getting the IP address from command prompt ipconfig, IPV4 address. I have both installed, but I used the command in Windows to change from 3.5 to 2.7.
I don't have any other way to show the Wii U IP :( Unless there's an app I can use that displays it?

Check device list in your router or specify an IP in the Wii U's network setup (don't use DHCP).

vickdu31

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Yep, that's your PC IP adress, not your Wii U IP adress. Press no when it ask do you have your wii U IP adress so you will find it.

Reactions: ShadowOne333

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I think both FTPii and Saviine display the Wii U's IP.

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yep, that's your PC IP adress, not your Wii U IP adress. Press no when it ask do you have your wii U IP adress so you will find it.

The script doesn't even load when I double click it. I think I have to change Python's PATH attribute from 3.5 to 2.7, but I don't know how to change it in Windows.

I think both FTPii and Saviine display the Wii U's IP.

Okay, gonna use it now.

Edit: Yup, still nothing. Syntax errors when I load wupclient, but the other script seems to work.

vickdu31

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
The script doesn't even load when I double click it. I think I have to change Python's PATH attribute from 3.5 to 2.7, but I don't know how to change it in Windows.
Okay, gonna use it now.
Edit: Yup, still nothing. Syntax errors when I load wupclient, but the other script seems to work.

Go in the haxchi folder. Shift + Right click --> open CMD here :
Code:
C:\Python27\python.exe haxchi_installer_v1.0.py
Make sure you have python 2.7 installed
Or you can wait for v1.1 which has improvements ^^ (5 min)

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Edit: Major edit, it seems to be finally installing, taking a while though.

Edit 2: It works, I couldn't extract the XML or upload the sound, but right now, I have HBL with the icon and animation and all, that was my goal, my deepest apologies @vickdu31

Reactions: KiiWii

vickdu31

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
you should probably go with the "codecs" variant of the code I've sent you in that second PM instead of a raw file so I'd suggest to quickly change that.
Are you sure ? I tested it already couple times and I checked the backup up meta.xml and the new ones, the new file is still perfectly valid. I think its ok if I change it in the next updae ??

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Go in the haxchi folder. Shift + Right click --> open CMD here :
Code:
C:\Python27\python.exe haxchi_installer_v1.0.py
Make sure you have python 2.7 installed
Or you can wait for v1.1 which has improvements ^^ (5 min)
Can't wait for it! :D
Will we be able to choose which file to upload in case we just want to modify only one file?
Like let's say haxchi gets an update to 1.8, we would just need to update rom.zip, could we choose which file to upload?
It would also be nice since I'm only missing the bootSound.btsnd upload too. xD

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Are you sure ? I tested it already couple times and I checked the backup up meta.xml and the new ones, the new file is still perfectly valid. I think its ok if I change it in the next updae ??
I would just suggest you to do it just now while v1.1 is quickly replaceable still, its safer.

vickdu31

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Can't wait for it! :D
Will we be able to choose which file to upload in case we just want to modify only one file?
Like let's say haxchi gets an update to 1.8, we would just need to update rom.zip, could we choose which file to upload?
It would also be nice since I'm only missing the bootSound.btsnd upload too. xD
If you choose : keep the current logo and say no for the boot sound, it will only flash rom.zip

Last edited by vickdu31,
Reactions: ShadowOne333

plyscho

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Thanks for this tool! It seems to work (replaces all the files) but after starting the app, I see the logo for a few secs and then it crashes into black screen + beep.

Some info:
- Firmware 5.5.1 EUR
- New Super Mario Bros. (installed on SysNAND, I also tried USB)
- Homebrew Launcher installed to /wiiu/apps/homebrew_launcher/homebrew_launcher.elf

I had the same problem with v1.0.

Any ideas?

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, so now that I have the HBL haxchi forwarder installed, icon and all, the only things I wish to change with 1.1 are:

- Adding the bootsound
- Adding the XML and uploading it to change the title to read Homebrew Launcher

All I need to do is place the right XML and bootsound in the folder, and let the script do the rest? I want to be sure I only update these two files and nothing more :P

D

Deleted User

I tried injecting Homebrew over Brain Training (with custom Icon, Boot Sound and Splash Screens) but the game starts normally. Help?

Last edited by ,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: esp if there's no time limits, gosh! Cum on already! +1