ROM Hack [Release] FunKeyCIA - make GOOD cias from eshop content, no tickets needed!

Orkna

Trophies
XP
Country
Yea, that's what I was trying to figure out.

If you look at the decTitleKeys.bin from your console, you can find title ID, and the next 32 is the decrypted title key.
If you look at the encTitleKeys.bin dumped from D9, you can find the title ID, and I assume the same set is the encrypted (differs from the decrypted obviously) however, building a CIA using the encrypted key there results in a non-usable CIA. So I'm probably doing something wrong.

Doing the same thing and getting the same result.

D

Deleted User

Hmm.. okay, going to dump my ticket.db and run it through the python script then and see the result.

Favna

#PCMasterRace
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
As someone who felt quite iffy about PlaiCDN from the get go I must say I chuckled at all the shade being thrown towards it in the OP. But back to topic, great work Caerp! Loving it!

Reactions: cearp

Xenon Hacks

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As someone who felt quite iffy about PlaiCDN from the get go I must say I chuckled at all the shade being thrown towards it in the OP. But back to topic, great work Caerp! Loving it!
Wouldn't say it was shade just deductive curiosity when trying to find the problem :)

cearp

瓜老外
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
No it won't fail, because the CIAs you are created with GroovyCIA will be the same as with FunkyCIA2. The ticket will be also legit (like FunkyCIA2, GroovyCIA) if you download it with FunkeyCIA.

@cearp correct me if i'm wrong

EDIT: You won't find the v1.1 anymore on the eshop when v1.2 is out.
ooh not LEGIT ;) the ticket is not legit, it won't work without hax, but the title key is correct and won't interfere with eshop.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

@cearp I got that now. Only I can check the console ID. But is this one hundred percent save? What console ID will legit CIAs have when installed to the system?
'universal' content, like system titles and preinstalled cias, that have the same ticket for everyone, the conole,id is 00000000.
it is safe, we cannot install a cia with a console id in, so the tickets with a non blank console id have to be legit.
it's a way i used to verify a ticket without checking the actual signature lol, that's trickier!

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

@cearp I don't care about system stuff, but legit CIA titlekeys are valid, too!
yes i know, but unless you verify the actual signature, it is worth the loss.
we can calculate them separately.
remeber, the content on the preinstalled cias have the same title key and thr same game, but bought from eshop.
we will get the key eventually. or just get it manually from the db, with the old tools.

Reactions: gamecaptor

Rohul1997

Trophies
XP
Country
Ok I've encrypted the keys from that nfs site. I've tried about 3 titles and I get the same error as you guys above. So what I think is the problem is that some of the keys from that site are incorrect.

cearp

瓜老外
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
i'm certain some of those keys on that big key website must be incorrect.
sorry about the trouble, but it's not my fault!

as it is, dumping keys using decrypt9 (or any other dumpkeys tool) from the 3ds will dump all your keys, including the fake ones from bad tickets, from .3ds to .cia conversions... etc
you will either have to check the decrypted titles first to see if they are real, i think plalect's scipt is good for that (don't make cias though), and then encrypt them.

or, use my script in the OP to only dump clean keys from a ticket.db and share those some place new.
if d0k3 updates decrypt9 to only dump from clean eshop keys, we can start the clean key master race ;)

Reactions: Rohul1997

Rohul1997

Trophies
XP
Country
i'm certain some of those keys on that big key website must be incorrect.
sorry about the trouble, but it's not my fault!

as it is, dumping keys using decrypt9 (or any other dumpkeys tool) from the 3ds will dump all your keys, including the fake ones from bad tickets, from .3ds to .cia conversions... etc
you will either have to check the decrypted titles first to see if they are real, i think plalect's scipt is good for that (don't make cias though), and then encrypt them.

or, use my script in the OP to only dump clean keys from a ticket.db and share those some place new.
if d0k3 updates decrypt9 to only dump from clean eshop keys, we can start the clean key master race ;)
yes it is not your fault for sure. I think the problem is because some of the games were cryptofixed and recreating a key from that makes it bad.

Reactions: Columbo2811

Orkna

Trophies
XP
Country
That explains it..
So that page is no good. It now has working split files for encryption but who cares if the keys are wrong from the beginning.

Last edited by Orkna,
Reactions: cearp

demon77

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Ok I've encrypted the keys from that nfs site. I've tried about 3 titles and I get the same error as you guys above. So what I think is the problem is that some of the keys from that site are incorrect.

Did you tried to download w those 3 games with the decrypted key too see if that was good.
When you can decypt it with the key , then the title key is good.

Maybe the problem is with the encrypting from the decTitleKeys.bin to encTitleKeys.bin

Rohul1997

Trophies
XP
Country
Did you tried to download w those 3 games with the decrypted key too see if that was good.
When you can decypt it with the key , then the title key is good.

Maybe the problem is with the encrypting from the decTitleKeys.bin to encTitleKeys.bin
I'm trying now

EDIT: they install fine with decrypted key hmmmm
Maybe its not being encrypted properly????

Last edited by Rohul1997,
Reactions: demon77

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: But I wish I could live in Arizona, though.