• Start date
  • Views 103,898
  • Replies 310
  • Likes 29

ironmaster49

Trophies
XP
Country
Old 3DS or New 3DS? Well this is a NES emulator made for PC, so we should be expecting some lags. But i still want a faster NES emulator but nice work porting a nes emulator made for pc it works better than i expected

SLiV3R

3DS Friend Code: 0473-9069-2206
Trophies
Website
soundcloud.com
XP
Country
It does now, that's the entire reason I made a new build

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Nothing will(on Ironhax/ninjhax 2.0). Pressing the home button at any point during your session will make "sleep" mode work even between programs. But note, it's not actually sleep mode....the screen just turns off

Just putting this here because it doesn't seem clear in the other post
https://u.teknik.io/wMUEQ4.zip is a build of the current git, as a 3dsx, 3ds, elf, and cia. It supports exit to launcher and has performance improvements(I expect that they are fairly seriously improvements on O3DS). You should use this build.

It does not boot with Ninjhax 2.1 N3DSXL FW 9.2...

Well, Back to the old build..

rygar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Can anyone else confirm that exiting to the launcher only works before loading a game or after loading one game only? If I play one game, then another game, then attempt to exit to the Homebrew Launcher, I get a black screen.
I have seen this too. Play one game, exits to Homebrew Launcher fine. Play 2 games, black screen when exiting to launcher.

SLiV3R

Trophies
Website
soundcloud.com
XP
Country
Even though that latest unofficial built didn't work for me I'm happy that someone is taking over. Steveice seems to have abandoned this wonderful emulator....

zxc2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
The games work perfect. I defeated the 8 bosses in megaman 2 without problems. The only problem that I found is the exit to launcher don't work. I'm on n3ds fw 9.9u and tubehax. Thanks for the great work in this emulator.

Reactions: SLiV3R

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Please do, I really need confirmation that this isn't a heisenbug where I'm the only one not getting stuck on the init loop

9.0 N3DS XL, installed the .cia and am trying to launch it through pasta, but I get stuck on the init loop. Is there no working .cia of this latest build?

TR_mahmutpek

medic
Trophies
XP
Country
Turkey
I have a problem: ı boot the FCEUMM3DS in homebrew channel (with tubehax) and stuck in the initailizing screen.
what can ı do???
(sysnand --> 9.9)

SLiV3R

Trophies
Website
soundcloud.com
XP
Country
Just tested the unofficial build, and most of my games are running 100% on N3DS.
And maybe it's just me, but the games look better in this than the VC versions...

No, it's not just you. The games looks MUCH better with FCEUMM3DS than VC versions. In FCEUMM3DS we are able to swap buttons as well. Some VC games are kind of unplayable because we can't remap them.

But I'm wondering one thing. The 1:1 resolution is filling 240 pixels, from up to down. But NES native up-down resolution is 224. Can someone please explain how that works? The screen doesn't look stretched.

D

Deleted User

OP
No, it's not just you. The games looks MUCH better with FCEUMM3DS than VC versions. In FCEUMM3DS we are able to swap buttons as well. Some VC games are kind of unplayable because we can't remap them.

But I'm wondering one thing. The 1:1 resolution is filling 240 pixels, from up to down. But NES native up-down resolution is 224. Can someone please explain how that works? The screen doesn't look stretched.
The display resolution of the NES is 256x240.

Reactions: Kikirini and SLiV3R

chango

Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
To anybody working on the new builds, thank you, and it is much appreciated.

One of things I like to do with emulators is carry a complete ROM set so every game for the platform is accessible. In the latest GameYob, the ROM directory has more than 1000 games in it, and when I select the directory, it instantaneously displays a list of the ROMs and scrolls through very quickly.

On this latest FCE build, I try to select the directory my NES ROMs are in, and it hard locks and does not recover. There are ~800 files in this directory, but even the original Nintendo DS's NES emulator had no problems with this.

Can someone please address this? Its an issue that seems to be fixable...

I should add that I'm using N3DS and the .CIA install of the latest unofficial.

edit: I've trimmed it down to 180 ROMs to test and even that hard locks the N3DS when I select the folder they're in. Is there something that causes a hard crash every time besides a high amount of ROMs in a directory? Anyone know the limit?

Last edited by chango,

SLiV3R

Trophies
Website
soundcloud.com
XP
Country
To anybody working on the new builds, thank you, and it is much appreciated.

One of things I like to do with emulators is carry a complete ROM set so every game for the platform is accessible. In the latest GameYob, the ROM directory has more than 1000 games in it, and when I select the directory, it instantaneously displays a list of the ROMs and scrolls through very quickly.

On this latest FCE build, I try to select the directory my NES ROMs are in, and it hard locks and does not recover. There are ~800 files in this directory, but even the original Nintendo DS's NES emulator had no problems with this.

Can someone please address this? Its an issue that seems to be fixable...

I should add that I'm using N3DS and the .CIA install of the latest unofficial.

edit: I've trimmed it down to 180 ROMs to test and even that hard locks the N3DS when I select the folder they're in. Is there something that causes a hard crash every time besides a high amount of ROMs in a directory? Anyone know the limit?

I have around 150 nes games. It works, but it takes 10-15 seconds to load the folder.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, its probably still alive due to dumb people buying from there