ROM Hack [Release] Every File Explorer

dfsa3fdvc1

Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
I've attached an image of my entire workflow.

Just to add to my post on the previous page in my search of a way to edit this model I've attached the CGFX in a .zip. So first off to get it to load into EFE you'd have to remove the bytes up until 0x80 ("the line that says "CGFX") in a hex editor and then it's able to load in EFE and export and then you're good to go.
If anyone could take a look at this I'd greatly appreciate it. Thanks.

And do check out the image I attached on the previous which shows everything I did and could possibly show what I'm doing wrong. Thank you.

Attachments

• cos_cha_00.zip
    274 KB · Views: 151
D

Deleted User

Dunno if this has been answered or not, but is it possible to replace/import textures into .bcres models?
I've noticed that the import button is greyed out when I open a texture within the .bcres file.

Edit: never mind; just realized you can make a .cgfx from a .obj file, then change the file extension to .bcres. They both have the same properties (well, almost).

Last edited by ,

Irastris

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can EFE be run in the command prompt? If so, how extensive are the commands? I'd like to write a batch file to convert several BCSTMs to WAVs.

AlejandroVVV

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Hello, gentlemen,
I'm a complete noob in this ripping data thing. Could anyone help me to extract CGs and Sprites from this 3ds game?
Here you can find a decrypted (I think) and usual roms.
1. Decrypted
2. Usual
(It'd be good to extracts sounds/music too)
Ill be much oblidged.

robotortoise

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It never did. Looks like this project is dead. :(

Bummer, too. The plugin idea was really nifty, but no 3rd party plugins ever seem to have been made. Wonder why.

[^Blark^]

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hunter 4 Ultimate rom and it contains files with the .arc extension. (Well, all the files seems to be like that)

Is there a way to open these files with EFE or are they still not supported?

you cannot Extract the .arc files but you can for sure view the folders inside the .arc with EFE.

if you want to extract search for the "Darc Tool" it's a python script. it will extract the .arc files.

.arc is actually a .darc not my findings someone else led me in that direction. hope it helps you as it helped me. I successfully dumped a .arc file and re-injected edited .bclim files and they work in-game no issues with the darc tool

wiibomb

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
you cannot Extract the .arc files but you can for sure view the folders inside the .arc with EFE.

if you want to extract search for the "Darc Tool" it's a python script. it will extract the .arc files.

.arc is actually a .darc not my findings someone else led me in that direction. hope it helps you as it helped me. I successfully dumped a .arc file and re-injected edited .bclim files and they work in-game no issues with the darc tool

Thanks a lot for the reply, I'll try that..

Did you managed to rebuild the rom or did you make a custom update to test the edited arc?

[^Blark^]

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks a lot for the reply, I'll try that..

Did you managed to rebuild the rom or did you make a custom update to test the edited arc?

for the game I'm working on I just use ntr-cfw+ LayeredFS and copy the edited files into a directory made on my 3DS SD card for "game name here" no need to rebuild the rom with this method. it's quicker to test the files in-game rather than rebuilding the rom everytime. note I've only edited .bclim files inside a .arc nothing else...and to do so I used a converter png2bclim to get it into an img format I could edit with paint.net/photoshop and then use the same program to re convert the png to .bclim for the "repacking process"

wiibomb

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
for the game I'm working on I just use ntr-cfw+ LayeredFS and copy the edited files into a directory made on my 3DS SD card for "game name here" no need to rebuild the rom with this method. it's quicker to test the files in-game rather than rebuilding the rom everytime. note I've only edited .bclim files inside a .arc nothing else...and to do so I used a converter png2bclim to get it into an img format I could edit with paint.net/photoshop and then use the same program to re convert the png to .bclim for the "repacking process"

I'll need to check that method to test rom edits, do you have any guide for it?

Roxerism

Trophies
XP
Country
I feel a bit stupid here because you people seem like experts.
however, I can't figure out how to import files
so I opened my bcres file
I exported the png file I wanted to change
I made the changes and saved it
But the import button is blocked
I tried seeing if I had to use "new from file" but I couldn't figure it out
Help?

DarkFlare69

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello. i want to import my edited textures/grapiches. can you add this please?
You do file --> new from file --> nintendo 3ds plugin --> ctr graphics (cgfx) and choose the OBJ. It'll read the mtl, which leads to the textures.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I feel a bit stupid here because you people seem like experts.
however, I can't figure out how to import files
so I opened my bcres file
I exported the png file I wanted to change
I made the changes and saved it
But the import button is blocked
I tried seeing if I had to use "new from file" but I couldn't figure it out
Help?
Export the entire model using the green leaf, then edit the textures (they'll export too) and do what i told this guy to do ^

Reactions: Deleted User

Roxerism

Trophies
XP
Country
You do file --> new from file --> nintendo 3ds plugin --> ctr graphics (cgfx) and choose the OBJ. It'll read the mtl, which leads to the textures.

Export the entire model using the green leaf, then edit the textures (they'll export too) and do what i told this guy to do ^
I was the guy that commented on your youtube video about BCLIM files; nice to see you again :)

Chazpelo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

im using Mario Kart ds, i want to change the texture for Waluigi Pinball

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: only ps5 updated to latest firmware can go on psn, jailbroken ones just don't use psn or they...