XP
Country
New Zealand
Texturipper v1.0, released whenever
by Normmatt

#################################
# About #

Texturipper is a texture dumper for various 3ds file formats.

# Supported Formats #

TXOB - Texture Objects?
CLIM - CTR/3DS Layout Images
FLIM - CTR/3DS/WiiU Layout Images
CTXB - Zelda OOT3D Textures
CMB - Zelda OOT3D Model Textures
CTPK - Ctr Texture PacKage
GMIO - Digimon Re-Digitize Decode Image Object

Download

aos10

Yuuki chan
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
so, i can extract all the text in the game ?
that sound great , we can see new fan projects to localize alot of great games that's only for japan

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
so, i can extract all the text in the game ?
that sound great , we can see new fan projects to localize alot of great games that's only for japan
Assuming you were not talking about general hacking this is more for 3d textures ( الإكساء if my dictionary has worked and your flag is accurate). There have been several games in the past that dump text onto 3d textures, equally this might help for any textures that contain words/letters/symbols. Text itself, if the previous sentence where games sometimes using 3d textures did not give it away, has seen and continues to see endless permutations in how games represent it. With us now being able to look at the files contained within 3ds ROMs then there is a good chance you can dump text, probably not via this tool though.

Back on topic nice to see 3d formats falling so early this time around.

NCDyson

Hello Boys...
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can we get a little more verbosity? it doesn't really seem to do much with any of the images I try to run through it.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
And Normatt has entered the 3DS homebrew scene!
Sweet!

Can't wait till there's a texture hacking utility developed.
Can't wait to put more Hello Kitty textures on things in games!

NCDyson

Hello Boys...
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
On which file? what texture format is it? did texturipper crash?

doesn't crash, it just runs, but generates no files or errors or anything. I'm using images from A Link Between Worlds. If you want, I can send you some sample images? I've gotten the RGBA8 images out on my own with a python script, but the ETC compressed ones seem to come out with weird tiling and other things.

Reactions: MichiS97

Askedforthis

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Great to see more tools being actively developed for this sort of extraction! It is really interesting to see the results of all the stuff that are inside these games.

doesn't crash, it just runs, but generates no files or errors or anything. I'm using images from A Link Between Worlds. If you want, I can send you some sample images? I've gotten the RGBA8 images out on my own with a python script, but the ETC compressed ones seem to come out with weird tiling and other things.

Same here. Tried it on a few ctpk files in Persona Q and it simply yields no results anywhere. Maybe they're packed differently? It looks like it does something at least when using the cmd as it waits a second as if it is processing the file before closing and giving off nothing.

Normmatt

Former AKAIO Programmer
OP
Trophies
Website
normmatt.com
XP
Country
New Zealand

My tool doesn't support .bch files.

Great to see more tools being actively developed for this sort of extraction! It is really interesting to see the results of all the stuff that are inside these games.
Same here. Tried it on a few ctpk files in Persona Q and it simply yields no results anywhere. Maybe they're packed differently? It looks like it does something at least when using the cmd as it waits a second as if it is processing the file before closing and giving off nothing.

hmm not sure what the problem is here. I'll have to take a look later.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: