ChrisX930

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Heya,

Right now, I got "Story of Seasons" (the Game is based on the same Engine as "Harvest Moon - A New Beginning" and I'm able to edit the game completely (Code related stuff etc.).

Now I want to create NEW Models for the Game, so I extracted a Model with EFE.
But when I reimport the Model, there are no "Material Animations" and some Textures are Missing (and wrong-Named).
So is it possible to Add the Material Animation back to the bcmdl?
Otherwise, the Game will crash when I try to load this new Model.

Here's a Picture that shows my Problem.
f4dead5e55.png

Hope I'll get a answer soon

Gericom

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Heya,

Right now, I got "Story of Seasons" (the Game is based on the same Engine as "Harvest Moon - A New Beginning" and I'm able to edit the game completely (Code related stuff etc.).

Now I want to create NEW Models for the Game, so I extracted a Model with EFE.
But when I reimport the Model, there are no "Material Animations" and some Textures are Missing (and wrong-Named).
So is it possible to Add the Material Animation back to the bcmdl?
Otherwise, the Game will crash when I try to load this new Model.

Here's a Picture that shows my Problem.
f4dead5e55.png

Hope I'll get a answer soon

It seems like the animation is a texture animation for different shirts or something. I started working on animations. As soon as that is ready, I might be able to add importing and exporting or something.

ChrisX930

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
It seems like the animation is a texture animation for different shirts or something. I started working on animations. As soon as that is ready, I might be able to add importing and exporting or something.

That would be epic!
I think that could be a Model Animation 'cause the Charactermodel is animated in the Character Creation. I'm not sure about it, but it would be epic if you can do something for it that works. Do you need the bcmdl-file?

EDIT: I Just uploaded the bcmdl-file for ya LINK

would be cool if you can make it work as soon as possible :)
I really want to create a new Game out of the original one :D
My Thread about it

Gericom

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
That would be epic!
I think that could be a Model Animation 'cause the Charactermodel is animated in the Character Creation. I'm not sure about it, but it would be epic if you can do something for it that works. Do you need the bcmdl-file?

EDIT: I Just uploaded the bcmdl-file for ya LINK

would be cool if you can make it work as soon as possible :)
I really want to create a new Game out of the original one :D
My Thread about it
Thanks!

Did you also know that the name of bcmdl files might be important aswell? So use b_718 instead of b_718_NEW.

Gericom

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Nah, the Name is not really important after I get the xbb-archive unpacker/repacker.
In mario kart 7 the game will crash if the wrong name is used.
Did you found the compression format of xbb out yet? If not, I would like to have a look at it.

ChrisX930

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
In mario kart 7 the game will crash if the wrong name is used.
Did you found the compression format of xbb out yet? If not, I would like to have a look at it.

Right now, GovanifY is helping me creating a unpacker/repacker for this file format.
I can upload the Tool for you, but it's not finished at all.
Also I have a QuickBMS Script to extract the Files from it.

Code:
#XBB

IDString 0 XBB;
GoTo 4 0;
Get NFiles Long 0;
GoTo 32 0;

For T = 1 To NFiles;
Get FileOffset Long 0;
Get FileSize Long 0;
Get FileNameOffset Long 0;
Get FileID Long 0;

SavePos HeaderOffset 0;
GoTo FileNameOffset 0;

Get FileName String 0;

Log FileName FileOffset FileSize 0 0;
GoTo HeaderOffset 0;
Next T;

XBB_TOOL.rar
("Create" Function doesn't work yet)

After extracting the Files, you get Files without Extensions (PAPA-Format) that seems to be encrypted strings.
Code:
#PAPA

IDString 0 PAPA;

GoTo 8 0;

Get HeaderOffset Long 0;
Get HeaderSize Long 0;
Get NFiles Long 0;

Math NFiles -= 1;

For T = 1 To NFiles;

Get FileOffset Long 0;
SavePos HeaderCurOffset 0;

Get NextFileOffset Long 0;

Set FileSize Long NextFileOffset;
Math FileSize -= FileOffset;

GoTo HeaderCurOffset 0;

Log T FileOffset FileSize 0 0;

Next T;

There's a tool from a User from the XentaX-Forum who wrote a papa-decrypter for me. It can only decrypt them, but not encrypt them :/
It only fully work with the papa-files from Msg.xbb because the papa-files from another xbb-files seems to have more lines of strings for each object.
It may work for all PAPA files but some have additional data that isn't considered in extraction.

For instance in FlowerList.xxb/FlowerData extracts (i think):

Code:
FlowerGroup
FLOWER_GROUP_00
ITEM_TULIP

But it has some more information:
ITEM_RED_ROSE
ITEM_GARBERA

So as I said, I think that it extracts all the information from Msg.xbb PAPA files, but not from others. If you want I can help you, but you have to take a look with me to this files.

I think that yes, I can make the repackers, I will start with the xbb repacker.

Here is his tool
papa-to-txt.rar
Just drag&Drop the papa-files over this exe.

If you need the Source of the PAPA_TOOL and the XBB_TOOL, ask me.
I got it from GovanifY, but I have no clue how to write a tool like this xD
I think it better when more people work on something like this, because we can get a working tool faster :D

D

Deleted User

Hey

Is there any news at all on the bones or animations from BCMDL/ncres files?

Outside of that I was just wondering if there might have been any progress on the Osawari Tantei or Forbidden Magna model formats (I forgot the extension right now).

I know you're super busy so I don't imagine so, but figured I'd ask anyway.

robotortoise

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I could've sworn I saw someone post a Super Smash Bros. 3DS model picture on here. I'm just getting a ton of hex values and bin files. I used this program to unpack the files.

Are the models in the .bin files somewhere, and if so, can this viewer view them yet?

andibad

Soon™
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
will this tool help you with the rf4 undub?

i not sure is used same format since is different developer team. is funny almost all configuration binary file is always have NLCL as magic header, is similar with pp file on harvest moon. but is have different structure and purpose so is not same. i think "emdeb.bin" and "rf3.mc" is main suspect for voice on dialog, but i not sure.

ethanej

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a few 3D models that don't load correctly in either Every File Explorer or cgfxviewer. Would you be willing to take a look at them and see if you can figure them out?

Attachments

• Mmodel.jpg
    Mmodel.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 280

Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
IIRC, you can save icon.bin already.

The only thing lacking right now is the ability to alter the "settings" pane. It's completely empty in EFE right now. :(

Also...Any plans to add DARC repacking support? I would have assumed that archive format has been documented by now and you do have read support for it. I would like to modify some things like menu graphics for the Micro SD Management app as well as customizing the "logo.bin" file (which is just a LZ11 compressed darc file). But nope. For some damn reason there's nothing out there that can repack/import files into this container format. :(

Reactions: ChrisX930

Asia81

Yuri Lover ~
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Gericom

Hi

It's possible to add import and save fonction for png in cgfx ? I can use export, but not import.
I think it's the more easy way for justmake a edited banner.

I want just put Randomized below "Omega Ruby" png

Gericom

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
The only thing lacking right now is the ability to alter the "settings" pane. It's completely empty in EFE right now. :(

Also...Any plans to add DARC repacking support? I would have assumed that archive format has been documented by now and you do have read support for it. I would like to modify some things like menu graphics for the Micro SD Management app as well as customizing the "logo.bin" file (which is just a LZ11 compressed darc file). But nope. For some damn reason there's nothing out there that can repack/import files into this container format. :(

Yea, I will try to implement that as soon as I have the time to do so.
Gericom

Hi

It's possible to add import and save fonction for png in cgfx ? I can use export, but not import.
I think it's the more easy way for justmake a edited banner.

I want just put Randomized below "Omega Ruby" png

As I said the problem is that I can't retain the animations yet. But I can add it and add a warning about losing the animations.

Reactions: I pwned U!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Microsoft is worth 3.2 Trillion according to Google lol