ROM Hack [Release] Every File Explorer

Asia81

Yuri Lover ~
Trophies
XP
Country
France
You can open the banner.bin file with 3DSExplorer and use that to extract the CGFX file. You can also extract the CWAV file if it has one. But I got an error when I attempted to extract it.

Not that big of an issue. If I need the original I can just have the 3DS play the sound on the home menu with it connected to Line-In input on myPC. The background music of the current theme on the Home Menu gets muted when it plays the sound for the app that got selected. So I can get a clean sample of it that way. :D

I think you have to rename the bin file to a file with "bnr" extension (example, banner.bnr) as it's not setup to read it with the BIN file extension. After that you just extract the CGFX file which can be opened with EveryFileExplorer. From there I exported it as a DAE file and imported to 3DS Max. :D

Wait... Why when i try to open with EFE my banner.cgfx from the banner.bnr, i can't see the full banner ? It's not like on your screens :
http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2015/09/1424930945-test1.gif

And if i use this for export .dae file :
http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2015/09/1424930938-1.jpg

I can't see anything on Photoshop CC :
http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2015/09/1424930942-test2.gif
And with Photoshop i can't even export as .obj file...

Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
You have to zoom the viewport out on most banners when viewing them in EFE (especially with the pokemon games). Middle mouse scroll wheel controls viewport zoom. Scroll up to zoom out I believe. Continue doing that until you see the model come into view. Use Arrow keys to rotate view.

As for Photoshop....I have no experience using that for 3D stuff. Sorry. :P

Your best bet is gmax or blender. I haven't used many of the "free" options very much. I've used to using 3DS Max which isn't free. :P

Asia81

Yuri Lover ~
Trophies
XP
Country
France
You have to zoom the viewport out on most banners when viewing them in EFE (especially with the pokemon games). Middle mouse scroll wheel controls viewport zoom. Scroll up to zoom out I believe. Continue doing that until you see the model come into view. Use Arrow keys to rotate view.
Thanks it's working
But it's not too DARK oO ? :
http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2015/09/1424932046-1.png
http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2015/09/1424932050-2.png

Gericom

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands

Keep in mind that the shaders are not 100% correct yet. Especially the lighting part.
Gericom : Can you add an way to save PNG in cgfx ? I open my cgfx, i can export a png, but can't import or save.

You mean texture hacking? I am going to add that, but as long as I can't save animation, you will lose them when saving.

Asia81

Yuri Lover ~
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Keep in mind that the shaders are not 100% correct yet. Especially the lighting part.

You mean texture hacking? I am going to add that, but as long as I can't save animation, you will lose them when saving.

Yeah it's especially for break the limit on VC banner, 256x128

puss2puss

.. well ..
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Nope. It only emulates a real cartridge (can't bypass signature checks) so you'll always need untouched roms.

oh nooooooooo! seriously?.... :cry: damn i was looking forward for this!...i wanted to mod some games so badly.. what are the conditions to be able to launch modded roms.. CFW or GW?

i'm guessing there's no way to patch the signature in roms?..

piratesephiroth

I wish I could read
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
oh nooooooooo! seriously?.... :cry: damn i was looking forward for this!...i wanted to mod some games so badly.. what are the conditions to be able to launch modded roms.. CFW or GW?

i'm guessing there's no way to patch the signature in roms?..
Yeah, a GW is the best option. CFW works too but you'll not be able to run most of the latest games.

There's no way to properly encrypt and sign the repacked roms.

badger_vm

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi, today i managed to unpack a rom that i want to translate, but somehow, when open the bcnft, the "font" tab works great but the character map is white ¿Is this feature not implementet yet or it simply gets bugged with my bcnft?

Gericom

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hi, today i managed to unpack a rom that i want to translate, but somehow, when open the bcnft, the "font" tab works great but the character map is white ¿Is this feature not implementet yet or it simply gets bugged with my bcnft?

It is not implemented yet.

robotortoise

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I think I've figured out why the Kid Icarus Uprising .arc files don't show the models properly. I think the textures and various parts of the model are all stored separately from each other.

The textures appear to be in one archive within the archive, and the model(s) are in another. Not sure what the .json data is, though.

Gericom

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
So I think I've figured out why the Kid Icarus Uprising .arc files don't show the models properly. I think the textures and various parts of the model are all stored separately from each other.

The textures appear to be in one archive within the archive, and the model(s) are in another. Not sure what the .json data is, though.
Json is a simple data structure. You can make it more readable by using this: http://jsonformatter.curiousconcept.com/

ChrisX930

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Is there a possibility to add a "write" function to the DARC-File Format soon?
I really want do modify a game and change models, textures etc, but I can't replace this files inside of the darc-files right now :/
Please add this function soon x_x

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Good night