Homebrew [RELEASE] DaedalusX64 (N64 Emulator)

zerofalcon

Trophies
XP
Country
Amazing the latest release. I just tried super Mario 64, Mario kart 64, zelda oot, Doom 64, Star Fox 64 and Golden eye. Beside the obvious fps slowdowns this emulator is going in the right direction. Super Mario 64 almost stay at 30 fps all the time, pretty much playable (got 30 stars so far without much hassle).

Reactions: SLiV3R

ohasanov

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Turkey
I had this urge to contribute somehow to this project last night. I'm not much of a coder yet, so unfortunately anything on that front was off the table. I messaged MasterFeizz last night and he suggested I could try and work on some GUI assets, so I went and made some and sent them his way. I made a mock-up too of what it might look like in-practice. Was wondering if anyone could give some opinions? I am open to configuring things to be better.

View attachment 204216

It looks pretty cool! Can I just suggest to make the UI elements more retro looking because N64 is a "Retro" console. Can I ask a question? I am a newbie in coding but I can do pixel art just fine and I want to contribute to the project as well, how can I do that? I was just trying to do a menu for the emulator as well. Can some professionals rate this? I would really like to contribute. (If I am being annoying I can stop posting BTW)

Attachments

• UI.png
    UI.png
    130.6 KB · Views: 162

ItsAshleyFTW

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My system freezes whenever I try to load a rom

I am using the latest version of Luma3DS, I am on the latest firmware and I have already tried 3 different SD cards

I have also tried different roms and nothing (I am trying to run SM64)

I tried a 4GB Kingstone SD
a 16GB Kigstone SD
And a 32GB Sandisk SD

I can still open and navigate the luma menu but that's it
Which 3DS/2DS model do you have?

D

Deleted User

That´s a bummer...

Edit: I still think this has something to do with the tools you get from this update.
https://3ds.hacks.guide/updating-b9s.html
  • FBI (installs CIA formatted games and applications)
  • Anemone3DS (installs custom themes)
  • Checkpoint (backs up and restores save files for 3DS and DS games)
  • Luma3DS Updater (updates your CFW installation easily)
  • GodMode9 (multipurpose tool which can do NAND and cartridge functions)
  • Homebrew Launcher Loader (launches the Homebrew Launcher)
  • DSP1 (allows homebrew applications to have sound)
  • ctr-no-timeoffset (removes the rtc offset so that the home menu and rtc timestamps match)
The emulator now works on my standard 2DS after I did the update.

Last edited by ,

kevinrodolfoxD3

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
That´s a bummer...
It could be a large variety of reasons, I can think of some: Your console isn't updated to the latest version, luma isn't updated to the latest version, using a different/outdated hack (Like arm9loaderhax), SD card speed too slow or the SD card is corrupted and thus the rom itself.

AkikoKumagara

The Coolest Bear Around
Trophies
Website
thebearsden.web.fc2.com
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure what's changed, but I'm one of those people who (on an o3DS) used to get booted back to the Homebrew Menu. I can now launch games that didn't work before without a problem. I also would like to note I'm using the CIA release now, though I'm not sure if it's relevant.

ItsAshleyFTW

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It could be a large variety of reasons, I can think of some: Your console isn't updated to the latest version, luma isn't updated to the latest version, using a different/outdated hack (Like arm9loaderhax), SD card speed too slow or the SD card is corrupted and thus the rom itself.
Maybe it has something to do with the allocation unit size. Should it be 32kb or 64kb? Mine is 64kb

Last edited by ItsAshleyFTW,

SpardaXV

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Just to confirm it, I have the same problem that other users are reporting: I load the emulator in .cia, the menu appears and when I select a rom, the console stays frozen forever and I have to force shutdown with the power button.

In my case I have a New3ds Xl console with double ips screen, a 32gb gskills sd card with a 32kb cluster. By my own decision, I have the console outdated in a firm 11.5 and with luma3ds "pre-rosalina", 7.0.5, to avoid arm11 exceptions and other problems with some older homebrew, like the Eduke3D .cia version which is also a port of Masterfeizz. However, I haven't had any issues with the newer homebrew so far, like Xash3d and ioquake3 (also from Masterfeizz), and also the most current versions of retroarch.

Perhaps it is due to the version of ctrulib that Masterfeizz has used to port this emulator, if it is a recent version it may be a possibility that there are compatibility problems with old cfw, at least in my case it would be a plausible option ... However, If what other users are saying is accurate, they say they have a 100% updated console and the error persists.

In any case, thanks Masterfeizz, thanks to your work and the work of a few who have ever developed game ports and emulators for 3ds (elhobbs, rinnegatamante, Mr. Huu, bubble2k16, nop90, aliaspider, justinweiss, jgdleaver and other retroarch folks ... Sorry if I leave any), currently we have in this console a great variety and quality of homebrew, comparable in results to some of the most active scenes of the past.

Smoker1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@MasterFeizz - Damn. You are on a roll with the N64. Tested the Unofficial Vita Build as well. Almost better or same as the N3DS Build. Only complaint is, the Vita has no Rumble, so that could probably go, along with able to Remap the Buttons (Z Button is /\ which is a problem for some Games ).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: How do you know if the night will be good when you're asleep