• Likes 283

Exzap

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
@Exzap :

thanks for releasing and working on this emulator.
I hope you won't get too much distracted by all the users begging for release/update/sources/progress/etc.

I wanted to ask :
Is there already savegame management?
The game is accessing and creating the save path?
Loadiine seems to crash when it can't access the save. (for example mario kart 8 access Miimaker save, etc.)

I would like to know the internal folder architecture, which are each folder's use, etc.
like 00050000 is for disc based game, 00050010 for system title (miimaker)?, etc.
if your emulator is also emulating the internal file system, do you have a list of folders used by games?
Save games are already supported. They are created at cemu\mlc01\emulatorSave\x\ where x defines the hash of the RPX. (This path will change in the next release)

From the perspective of the emulator there are so far only three relevant directories:
/vol/content/ which maps to whatever application is launched. If you run a WUD it will map to the /content/ directory of that WUD.
/vol/storage_mlc01/ which maps to the host at cemu\mlc01\ (NAND)
/vol/storage_hfiomlc01/ which maps host at cemu\hfiomlc01\ (Host file access, some system tools access files there)

For example one of the Miimaker files required for running some games is
/vol/storage_mlc01/sys/title/0005001b/10056000/content/FFLResMiddle.dat
in the emulator directory you would place this file at:
/mlc01/sys/title/0005001b/10056000/content/FFLResMiddle.dat

Regarding what the IDs mean: Check here
It is important to note that the emulator doesn't care about FS privileges, journaling, device behavior, shared access etc. It's all still a todo. So what might work in the emulator, may not work on the real HW and vice versa.

If this release is missing so many essential features, why call it v1.0? Why not v0.1?
Because people consider "v1.0" the finished version and since emulators are never really finished I would possibily run out of version numbers. It's more convenient to start at 1.0 and just count upwards with no regards to peoples expectations.

Btw, how many cores does the emu use?
It uses one core (thread) to emulate the three cores of the Wii U. Somewhere in the future we will switch to proper multi-core support. However, this will not lead to a 3x speedup since a majority of games don't use the extra cores to their full potential.

It just crashes upon opening the Emulator itself and not even a game for me... Is there a known fix?
Can you PM me more information about the crash?

PanTheFaun

The Uninspired Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ul4coJ.jpg
Super Mario 3D World loads only to this screen and crashes. Just thought I would let you guys know.

Ruby Gloom

GBAtemp Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I thought it was more that they didn't think it was feasible to try and support Wii U within Dolphin itself.
It's feasible, but it's not worth the time. The differences between the two consoles are so great that it wouldn't make sense to try to shoehorn Wii U support into Dolphin itself since most of the work would have to be done from scratch anyway.
That's not to say that the Dolphin team won't start working on a new Wii U emulator sometime in the future, but for the time being it's a better idea to work on making Dolphin as good as it can be. I have a feeling they won't need to make a Wii U emulator though, since this emulator is rather far ahead already and the other, open source one is also making progress.

Maybe at some point Dolphin will be merged with a Wii U emulator so that people can have both in one emulator if they are so inclined, but they will be completely different codebases.

Last edited by The Real Jdbye,
Reactions: ByteBite

Ruby Gloom

GBAtemp Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Is that true? Same thing happens to me but I have 8GB of RAM and cemu is only using about 1.5GB.
That's of your current physical memory. Also, You need heavy processing power. That's also key to getting better emulation. Your processor can't handle the power of the emulator. But you do have enough memory to use this.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, it wasnt aimed at you but ok