CheatFreak47

Catgirl Expert
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
aOEeaV0.png

Heyo everyone! This is a quick little release page for a mod I spent a good couple of days working on last week. Essentially it ports the original (and debatably better) english translation from the freeware version of Cave Story by Aeon Genesis to the wacky 3D remake that Nicalis made back in 2011.

I'm sure a good number of you are thinking "Why?" The answer is that I just have a soft spot for Cave Story 3D, because it was actually the first Nintendo 3DS game I got when I bought my 3DS back in late 2011, and I loved the original translation of the game that the freeware game comes with.

At this time this release only supports the USA version of the game. I tried my best to test the game completely from start to finish but I can't guarantee that you won't run into a bug somewhere in the game, but if you do, please let me know!

Features include:
  • Complete English Translation of a game that was already in English! :rolleyes:
  • Includes all of the Cave Story 3D unique features still
  • Makes the Beast Fang obtainable at the Yamashita Farm
Installation:
  1. Download the file below.
  2. Open the SD card for your 3DS on your computer.
  3. Open the luma folder.
  4. Open the titles folder.
  5. Create a folder named 000400000004A100 (this is the titleID for the USA version of Cave Story 3D)
  6. Open the newly created 000400000004A100 folder.
  7. Copy the contents of the downloaded archive to this folder.
  8. Put the SD card back in your 3DS and play Cave Story 3D. If it doesn't appear to work, ensure Enable Game Patching is enabled in Luma3DS's configuration.
Download:
https://gbatemp.net/download/cave-story-3d-aeon-genesis-translation.35235/

Special Thanks to @1ted59 for helping test and being a cool dude. He made a port of the Aeon Genesis translation for the 3DS eShop version of Cave Story if you're looking for that.

Last edited by CheatFreak47,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bgCjp3-rF_Y