Homebrew [RELEASE] BootAnim9 - Custom boot animations for your 3DS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolfvak

nyaa~
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
I have fixed my problem by exporting from Flash to Adobe Media Encoder and exporting it as an MPEG2 and then running that thru FFMPEG.
I don't know if that is the best way for the best quality but it works.

Thanks a lot for your help!
Well, you definitely won't be limited to 256 colors, that's for sure.
Glad to know I could help.

Reactions: BizzySleepin

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
just to note, if you find a looping gif but it's too long for you, you can use the '-ss X' argument in ffmpeg.
'-ss 3' would start the conversion from 3 seconds onwards, i tried it with the goku gif earlier and it came out 2 seconds, much better for me than 5 seconds :)
if the 3ds had too boot up and display an animation, like android, then ok it's nice if we can replace that animation.
but if the animation is optional then waiting 3, 4, 5 seconds each time might get a little annoying for some people - but still nice to see a short animation like 1 or 2 seconds :)

Wolfvak

nyaa~
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
just to note, if you find a looping gif but it's too long for you, you can use the '-ss X' argument in ffmpeg.
'-ss 3' would start the conversion from 3 seconds onwards, i tried it with the goku gif earlier and it came out 2 seconds, much better for me than 5 seconds :)
if the 3ds had too boot up and display an animation, like android, then ok it's nice if we can replace that animation.
but if the animation is optional then waiting 3, 4, 5 seconds each time might get a little annoying for some people - but still nice to see a short animation like 1 or 2 seconds :)
That was actually the main idea. I mean, most users got a9lh for faster boot times, I doubt they will put 10 second boot screens just for giggles.
The new version featuring randomization will most likely come later today. The code is already done, I just gotta test some corner cases and rewrite the documentation, which is currently a mess because I've just been adding stuff on top as it keeps popping up, like the new chain loader.

Wolfvak

nyaa~
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
Could someone whip up a logo for the project? Nothing fancy, I just need something pretty to place in the OP

CloudCocopuffs

3DS Homebrew Enthusiast
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Its all good, this entire thing with this script has been a learning experience for me.

Should be the last ones unless @Wolfvak changes formats.
Big thanks to @zes
I was thinking about making an online, drag and drop converter (to simplify the process for others) Would you mind if i based it off your work?

pbanj

The "friendly" neighborhood sandwich
Trophies
Website
pbanjin.space
XP
Country
United States
Last edited by pbanj,

Docmudkipz

Novice
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was thinking about making an online, drag and drop converter (to simplify the process for others) Would you mind if i based it off your work?
I don't mind all that much as long as I can access the source(Not edit just view) and recieve credit where it's due. It seems not all that difficult anyway

Reactions: CloudCocopuffs

Wolfvak

nyaa~
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
I don't mind all that much as long as I can access the source(Not edit just view) and recieve credit where it's due. It seems not all that difficult anyway
I actually had an idea to make it a CGI server, one that executes the script on a file that is to be uploaded, then zips it up and offers the download for 24 hours or so. Maybe you want to go down this route, because ffmpeg is available for pretty much all Linux distros.

Docmudkipz

Novice
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I actually had an idea to make it a CGI server, one that executes the script on a file that is to be uploaded, then zips it up and offers the download for 24 hours or so. Maybe you want to go down this route, because ffmpeg is available for pretty much all Linux distros.
I was thinking along those lines except running a maximum compression 7zip of the output so it can double as a storage server for anims so we don't have to reupload a file and simply link straight to the site with a link. Of course it would need an upload limit per IP so it's not flooded with requests.

pbanj

Trophies
Website
pbanjin.space
XP
Country
United States
I was thinking along those lines except running a maximum compression 7zip of the output so it can double as a storage server for anims so we don't have to reupload a file and simply link straight to the site with a link. Of course it would need an upload limit per IP so it's not flooded with requests.
Like 3 uploads per day would be good.

Wolfvak

nyaa~
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
As well as an actual server :/. Sorry to say so, but I'm quite short on cash :P, so someone else will have to do it.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Like 3 uploads per day would be good.
Sorry to be so impatient, but how's the logo coming along? I want to release ASAP. If you check the experimental branch you'll see that the code changes have already been implemented

pbanj

Trophies
Website
pbanjin.space
XP
Country
United States
As well as an actual server :/. Sorry to say so, but I'm quite short on cash :P, so someone else will have to do it.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Sorry to be so impatient, but how's the logo coming along? I want to release ASAP. If you check the experimental branch you'll see that the code changes have already been implemented
I won't be able to get to it until tomorrow

pbanj

Trophies
Website
pbanjin.space
XP
Country
United States
Oh just make it readable against both light and dark theme. Remember, this won't be seen in the software, only this thread, so go wild with the resolution :)
well i decided to get on pc for a bit so.......................
bootanim9.png

2bootanim9.png

i like the one with your name more than the other. but its up to you lol

Last edited by pbanj,
Reactions: BizzySleepin

Wolfvak

nyaa~
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
well i decided to get on pc for a bit so.......................

i like the one with your name more than the other. but its up to you lol
They´re great, but I'll go for the second one, makes it a bit more unique. Besides, I like stuff with my name :P.
Expect the OP to be updated in <12h

carlitos92jose

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think that you put the 0.3.2 arm9loaderhax.bin on the latest release because I put the new folder 0 inside of anim folder and is not working but if I put the animation inside the anim folder it works. And the size of the .bin is exactly the same but i'm not sure is normal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: it looks like a little kids' game, and bunny (welcome btw) is looking for an uncensor patch